LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
I have recently bought a domain address e.g. shiftzz.com I therefore have the email domain me@shiftzz.com.

I currently use NTL as my ISP, I can receive my emails easily, but how do I send my mail so that it’s sent using me@shiftzz.com

Thanks

ShiftZZ

PS, the examples aren’t real.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
If you have bought a web hosting package as part of buying the domain name then that will probably include the ability to set up several e-mail addresses. They will have incoming (POP) and outgoing (SMTP) mail servers attached to them - the web hosting company's e-mail help pages should give details.

It then depends on your e-mail client. In Eudora, the one that we use, it is just a matter of setting up an extra "personality" and using that for sending your mail rather than the ISP one.

We also use NTL (Virgin) as our ISP so I have an @ntlworld.com e-mail address. I also have two linked to our company web hosting package and one for a web site I maintain on behalf of a local heritage trust.

When I initially open Eudora I have to put in the passwords for the four accounts and the program brings in mails from the various servers. I filter the messages within the Eudora client for my own convenience.

When sending a message I am given the option of picking the account from which I wish to send it.

Apart from anything else it is particularly useful when we are away and I am connecting using the T-Mobile dongle. Mail can only be sent from the NTL account when connected via the NTL broadband but I am not restricted at all by the other accounts.

Graham

JeanLuc

Free Member
Nov 17, 2008
Warwickshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer B630 Star-Line
Exp
Since 2007
You should be able to send mails via the same smtp server. For example, I have both an idnet mail address and a domain mail address, but both are sent via the idnet smtp server. It is your profile in the e-mail client (Thunderbird, Outlook, MacMail etc.) that determines who the message has come from.

Philip

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
dont think i can do that.
if someone sends an email to my domain name addy it re-routes it to AOL.

havent seen any way to send mail from the domain name addy.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back