Doing it in Portugal

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by Malcolm Bolt, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Malcolm Bolt

Malcolm Bolt Funster Life Member

Arrived at Motorhome Friends (QUINTA PEDRO'S) today.
    I like it here. It isn't free camping. It's better than that. Sun is out for next few days at least so no need for EHU. That means it will be 4.50 euros per night. :thumb::thumb:
    Tonight we turned up for soup, after which we chaps were shown how to hold our sausages over a dish of flames and feed them to our partners. :Eeek:
    Don't know about the H & S angle but Tony and I both managed to set our sausages on fire and some of my hair got singed. :Eeek::Eeek: Feeding our sausages to the girls turned out to be lots of fun. :BigGrin::BigGrin:
    Followed by coffee and biscuits, total cost 3.50 euros each.
    Saw a video of the site taken some time ago and was pleased to spot Sundowners. :thumb:
    This was going to be a couple of nights stopover but it looks as though it may last a bit longer.:BigGrin:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    • Like Like x 20
  2. laneside

laneside Funster

Beware they would not let us leave until we had done 12 weeks-----brilliant spot

• Like Like x 9
  3. bobandjanie

bobandjanie Funster Life Member

If Pedro gets enough green wine into you, you will become a permanent fixture. :Rofl1:

We had thought about moving to Portugal on Wednesday, but with this weather we are having in Spain its far too hot to pack up and travel, a bit cooler yesterday only 29c but today its hot again. :Laughing: Bob.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Taran_Las

Taran_Las Funster

Got any salt Bob?:Wink:

• Like Like x 4
  5. bobandjanie

Only on the peanuts Phil, I try not to eat them :Wink: as they make you drink more. :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 5
  6. Malcolm Bolt

FUN, food, drink and good company at Pedro's

I woke at the dot of 10.00 to my favourite sound of the van cracking in the morning sun. With a cup of tea in hand I went out to sit for a while. Looking up towards the house I saw men at work. The BBQ was being prepared. :Smile: By 11.00 I was having a breakfast of croissants (delivered by the man with a van a short time earlier. Chickens were already splayed out and being turned over hot charcoal, the wonderful smell wafted down to us at the lower end of the site. :BigGrin:It was going to be a good day. :thumb::thumb:

At 1300 precisely there was a mass exodus from the shade of all eight vans and Dutch & British made their way up to the house. A long table was laid out on the shaded patio and we all were invited inside for a welcome drink. Olives bread and chorizo were ready for us on the tables and the chatting got under way quickly and easily. I believe the term convivial sums it up. :Wink:

Bowls of various salads were available in ample supply to accompany the chicken pork and sausages. Our only instructions were that we must visit to replenish our plates twice more. PHEW. :Eeek: Those of you who know me will understand that such a challenge is normally well within my capabilities but today I was tested to my limits. Throughout the meal the wine flowed, red, rose and green. It continued through the puds, consisting of several pies, flans, jelly, chocolate mousse and cream. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

I have to admit that my heart did not jump for joy when I saw the Bingo cards but it was a hoot. Plus I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think. :BigGrin:)

Following all this we were led in song by our very own 'Monman' The wine was still flowing when we took our leave for a rather belated siesta. Well it was either leave then in a relatively respectable fashion or have have one more drink and fall over. :Rofl1:

All in all another fine day in paradise. :thumb::thumb::thumb:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
    • Like Like x 22
  7. bobandjanie

I won chocolate and Cathryn won a bottle of red (I drink red so two wins for me there I think.

Are you saying Cathryn does not like chocolate, :Wink: or you never swapped prizes. :Eek!: :Laughing: Bob.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

Told you so :thumb:
    We will pick you up after xmas for the run to the sun:Doh:
    Diet what diet:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  9. Malcolm Bolt

bum idea

Time and place Bob. You know Cathryn reads this forum. Fancy planting a daft idea like swapseys :Rofl1: .:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  10. Malcolm Bolt

Yes Peter you were right this is a great place.
    If only we really could stay that long but I could not cope with the heat in high summer.
    Diet---------- well yes I will have to get back on that ---- maybe when we leave here. :thumb: :thumb:

• Like Like x 2
  11. laneside

laneside Funster

Whatever you do on Sunday do not say to Pedro that the soup is " ALRIGHT" or he will make you have four servings

• Like Like x 5
  12. Quintapedro

Quintapedro Campsite Owner Portugal

It's you who make it special. ...

Hello my dear friend

Let me tell you that it's a very nice pleasure to read this, not just for me but to all the friends that help me to make it like this....I agree with you that were, we try our best for every one pass a nice time here, but you, yes all of you motorhome people are the one thst make it special, wen same one leaves it's like a friend thar is departing, but the funny thing is the one who arrive fit in the spirit and became a friend to, the site is not perfect and that is not our gold in Motorhome Friends, our gold is make it the most friendly as possible, that you fill lije you wore passing a time with the family. ...

so let me thank you for be part of it, and for share it...:thumb:

Pedro & Mireilli

• Like Like x 14
  13. Rayb182

Rayb182 Funster Life Member

See the video of us singing Delhia, the wine made us ALL sing so much better, :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 4
  14. Malcolm Bolt

Pedro we miss you.

We moved on from Pedro's a bit over a week ago :cry: and have enjoyed our stay at Praha da Rocha - Portimao. :Smile:We had a good night out at the big red bus with Destination Unknown and other folk from several different countries. :BigGrin: Another great event was a 'bring something to share' meal at Tom's van. The weather broke and all 13 of us ended up in his rig singing and dancing. :Eeek:
    But the draw of the Portuguese barbecued chicken we had at Pedro's meant I had to search out an alternative. We are now moving north and have stopped off at a barragem we used last year. (as advised by JJ - bow down bow down) I have now ordered my BBQ'd chicken for tomorrow evening. The bill for the two coffees and two LARGE wines this afternoon was less than four euros. :thumb:
    I know you all want to come but I am not allowed to tell you about where it is. JJ made me promise. :Wink:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 8
  15. JJ

JJ Funster

OMG

You at the Chicken Restaurant at Monte Rocha!

I am so jealous... plan to be there in a few days as I make my way down to Faro to fly to Blighty for football.

Not many Funsters will call there because it is an off site park up and they are not free loading scumbags who let the side down! :Rofl1:

JJ :Cool:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2014
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Malcolm Bolt

Cat's out the bag now then.:Rofl1:

17. Malcolm Bolt

just not sure

For some strange reason today my mind wandered onto food and what meat I preferred. Having contemplated the options I think I will stick with the BBQ'd chicken I have already ordered. :Rofl1::Rofl1:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  18. JockandRita

JockandRita Funster Life Member

Just get the bu##er down your neck, and enjoy Malcolm & Cathryn. :Wink: ........ :thumb:

Cheers,

Jock & Rita. :Smile:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Peter & Elaine

Peter & Elaine Funster

But malcom what did the hairy bikers say :Rofl1:

20. Malcolm Bolt

Job done. LOVELY:BigGrin::thumb:

Shhh, not telling them this week but they would have given in too if they were sitting here savouring the aroma. :Wink:

Thing is they also BBQ free range pork. Now that has to be worth another visit. :thumb::thumb:

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1