Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
We are leaving portsmourth on 18th March overnight for Santander.
Our dog has his pet passport dated 24th Feb 2012. The vet said that was in plenty of time. I have been trying to check regulations for entering Spain, and came across information where it is necessary for 4 weeks to elapse between rabies injection and entering Spain. Could not verify the date this was referring to So I am having a little panic as it will only be just over 3 weeks.
Any one know for definite, we are travelling on Brittany ferries.
Thanks

otis the staffy

Free Member
Jan 2, 2010
Funster No
Spain Trip

Never been checked once in 9 years going in to any of 17 countries in Europe.We only get checked on way back in.How long are you going to be away from U.K.new regs for tick and worming came into force January not sure if rule on length of time that has to elaspe from bloodtest to entry back to U.k try www. D.E.F.R.A . Stay Safe:thumb:

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Minimum of 21 days from vaccination. The blood test is no longer required for EU countries. It is required for Maroc though.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Do you know what, there will be loads of good info here and on the web but a single phone call to your vet will give you a good nights kip.
Jim
:Smile:

OP
OP
S

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Vet doesn't know re Spain, but if they are not checked on way in we will be fine as we are away until end of June hopefully. I have just don't want to give the Spanish authorities any reason to be awkward. We took dogs to Spain in the 80's and the authorities came on board and checked everything before we were permitted to land.
thanks to all who commented.

QUOTE=slverdreamers;558855]We are leaving portsmourth on 18th March overnight for Santander.
Our dog has his pet passport dated 24th Feb 2012. The vet said that was in plenty of time. I have been trying to check regulations for entering Spain, and came across information where it is necessary for 4 weeks to elapse between rabies injection and entering Spain. Could not verify the date this was referring to So I am having a little panic as it will only be just over 3 weeks.
Any one know for definite, we are travelling on Brittany ferries.
Thanks[/QUOTE]

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
No-one will look at a pet passport util you want to enter the UK. I walked out of Charles de Gaulle airport with 4 animals in crates, having flown from Cyprus--not a glance. Same coming from Spain into France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back