dogs to spain

Discussion in 'Pets' started by slverdreamers, Feb 28, 2012.

1. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

We are leaving portsmourth on 18th March overnight for Santander.
    Our dog has his pet passport dated 24th Feb 2012. The vet said that was in plenty of time. I have been trying to check regulations for entering Spain, and came across information where it is necessary for 4 weeks to elapse between rabies injection and entering Spain. Could not verify the date this was referring to So I am having a little panic as it will only be just over 3 weeks.
    Any one know for definite, we are travelling on Brittany ferries.
    Thanks

2. otis the staffy

otis the staffy Read Only Funster

Spain Trip

Never been checked once in 9 years going in to any of 17 countries in Europe.We only get checked on way back in.How long are you going to be away from U.K.new regs for tick and worming came into force January not sure if rule on length of time that has to elaspe from bloodtest to entry back to U.k try www. D.E.F.R.A . Stay Safe:thumb:

3. Reallyretired

Reallyretired Funster

Minimum of 21 days from vaccination. The blood test is no longer required for EU countries. It is required for Maroc though.

4. madbluemad

madbluemad

Do you know what, there will be loads of good info here and on the web but a single phone call to your vet will give you a good nights kip.
    Jim
    :Smile:

5. slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob Read Only Funster

no one checks it on the way out

No one checks the pet passport on the way out.. only when you are coming back.

Bob

6. slverdreamers

slverdreamers Read Only Funster

Vet doesn't know re Spain, but if they are not checked on way in we will be fine as we are away until end of June hopefully. I have just don't want to give the Spanish authorities any reason to be awkward. We took dogs to Spain in the 80's and the authorities came on board and checked everything before we were permitted to land.
    thanks to all who commented.

QUOTE=slverdreamers;558855]We are leaving portsmourth on 18th March overnight for Santander.
    Our dog has his pet passport dated 24th Feb 2012. The vet said that was in plenty of time. I have been trying to check regulations for entering Spain, and came across information where it is necessary for 4 weeks to elapse between rabies injection and entering Spain. Could not verify the date this was referring to So I am having a little panic as it will only be just over 3 weeks.
    Any one know for definite, we are travelling on Brittany ferries.
    Thanks[/QUOTE]

7. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

No-one will look at a pet passport util you want to enter the UK. I walked out of Charles de Gaulle airport with 4 animals in crates, having flown from Cyprus--not a glance. Same coming from Spain into France.