dogs to france..confused!!!

Discussion in 'Continental Touring' started by semi hemi, Nov 11, 2011.

1. semi hemi

semi hemi Read Only Funster

hi all,right then im a bit confused regarding taking my dogs to france!! i have an English bull terrier that i know i can take but its the dogue de bordeux im not sure about,he's a french breed but we have no papers for him,im sure it says on here somewhere that mastif types are not allowed in to france..if so is there any other way around this?
    regards kev

Attached Files:

• 035.jpg
      035.jpg
      File size:
      97.6 KB
      Views:
  2. sedge

sedge Funster

Don't think so, unless - I dunno, just sort of thinking here - you can get one of the vets who are licenced to decide whether a dog is a pit bull in UK - to issue some sort of statement to say he's defo not one of the breeds you are banned from taking into France. No idea if it's possible to tell that precisely, even for such a vet.

3. Hollyberry

Hollyberry Funster

It looks as though a Dogue de Bordeaux is classified as a Mastiff, and therefore banned (as far as I can see) http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/Pet-cats-dogs-and-ferrets,12197
    gives some info.
    There is a British vet licensed to work here, and if you don't get a definite answer, I'll try to track her down (she's not in my part of the Dordogne) and ask her for you.