Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Can I ask dog keepers - if you stay on a site that has no dog facilities, what do you do with faeces that you pick up?

As said we put it in a bag then put it in a bin !
Pity all those that don't own a dog can't do the same with their fag buts and rubbish !

Vlad

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
+1 for Teversal.. Great site for dogs.... (and humans)
20140418_142742_Silverhill Ln.jpg

And that's the point really... We're not going to be going to any site that's not good for the dog... If it's in the middle of a forest with great dog walks all around and we like it then we'll pay for him if required...

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
if no facilities are provided specifically for dogs , how can they justify charging for them .
As has been posted earlier, in some cases the charges are really a deterrent to dog owners. Site owners are saying "we don't want your dog here but we'll put up with it if you pay us an extra £x". It's just the free market operating, people don't have to buy any product/service if they don't like the terms.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Morning Graham , a strange way to run a business . As you point out , its a free market and several people on this thread have already said they would not use sites that aren't dog friendly . I don't think there is a right and wrong to this discussion , just people querying the cost of bringing along a pet that won't be using any facilities .
If sites don't want dogs or children or anything else , put it in black and white so we know if we are welcome or not and we'll go somewhere else .

Some of the camp site fees that are mentioned on here sound like the owners don't want anybody , but will put up with them for a fee ! ( just joking )

GeriatricWanderer

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, just cos I can!
Funster No
MH
Pop-Top Campervan
Exp
45years
+1 for Teversal.. Great site for dogs.... (and humans)
View attachment 56792
And that's the point really... We're not going to be going to any site that's not good for the dog... If it's in the middle of a forest with great dog walks all around and we like it then we'll pay for him if required...

........... and I guess that's one of the reasons, given a choice, I'd prefer a site that doesn't accept dogs.
Do you let your dog sit on your dining table at home?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
OK Eddie , a polite question , what facilities do you provide for that £1 ?
I explained the potential extra work our wardens may need to do if a guest has a dog. Hence we make a small charge.

I also made the point that it is how much you end up paying that is relevant in my opinion. Our basic price £15.00 for a multi award winning campsite including electric, hardstanding, and WiFi

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I explained the potential extra work our wardens may need to do if a guest has a dog. Hence we make a small charge.

I also made the point that it is how much you end up paying that is relevant in my opinion. Our basic price £15.00 for a multi award winning campsite including electric, hardstanding, and WiFi
Thanks for the reply Eddie , £15.00 sounds like fantastic value and you generously include electric , WiFi , hard standing , but not dogs .
We've both made our points and if I ever come down your neck of the woods I would gladly stay on your site ( I may ask you to charge me £16 per night all in , as that's how I prefer it ! )
Have a great day .

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Morning Graham , a strange way to run a business . As you point out , its a free market and several people on this thread have already said they would not use sites that aren't dog friendly . I don't think there is a right and wrong to this discussion , just people querying the cost of bringing along a pet that won't be using any facilities .
If sites don't want dogs or children or anything else , put it in black and white so we know if we are welcome or not and we'll go somewhere else .

Some of the camp site fees that are mentioned on here sound like the owners don't want anybody , but will put up with them for a fee ! ( just joking )
I suspect that if sites put it in black & white they would get more flak than they do by simply charging for dogs. One has only to see how vociferous some of the pro-dog lobby are when anyone says anything against dogs :D

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Also non doggy people (they do exist trust me) parked next to some one who has dogs, often request a pitch move, this often leads to the question "Why am I paying the same as them" lol

Damned if we do, damned if we dont

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
Also non doggy people (they do exist trust me) parked next to some one who has dogs, often request a pitch move, this often leads to the question "Why am I paying the same as them" lol

Damned if we do, damned if we dont
Yes , my father in law is a dog hater , borne from the fact he is scared of dogs , a fact that helps us remember that not everyone likes to be near dogs .
People also don't like to park next to children , smokers , BBQ ers ,other motorhomes , you get the picture .
I suspect that if sites put it in black & white they would get more flak than they do by simply charging for dogs. One has only to see how vociferous some of the pro-dog lobby are when anyone says anything against dogs :D
Not as vociferous as the pro Jeremy clarkson lobby it would seem !

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Like to back up Eddie's site for dogs - we took our two staffies and they loved the orchard walks - and the longish country lane walks to the pubs too.
:laughing:
Excellent site with great people there too.:clap2:

Regards,

Trikeman.:wink:

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
as Dawn b said we normally go to a site at hemsby a great site. and they have good dog walking. and a great club house. which takes dogs. the catch is they now want £3.50 per night per dog. so I will find some where else this year.

Jan 10, 2013
Near Uttoxeter and Crete
Funster No
MH
Warwick XL PVC
Exp
Still trucking and learning
As others have said - if a site provides facilities for dogs then I don't mind paying at all. Stayed on one site in Italy and not only did it have a great dog walking area and a dog shower but also a dog beach!
P1000236.JPG

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Do you let your dog sit on your dining table at home?
Of course not.. Or squirrels, birds or any other animals.. In fairness it doesn't really look like a bench in the middle of a park to be honest.. Does yours?
(y)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
In fact it's not a park it's a forestry commission wood called silver hill woods.
Really ?
Itinerants must have nicked the trees then !

And another thing, the thread title is misleading :

Dogs paying camping fees.

I can't even get mine to fetch let alone pay camping fees

image.jpg

sdc77

Free Member
Jan 28, 2013
Weardale, Co Durham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2011
Well.. I didnt name it.. Speak to the forestry commission
As for him on the table.. I don't have a problem.. But I appreciate others might.
There's no hole by the way..
I'm afraid it's just one of those things that some people are going to have to accept happened.. and deal with it in their own way. (y)

Nov 2, 2014
somerset
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
just had a few days away no charge for dogs and they had 20 acre walk and dog showers brilliant site

Tootles

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 14, 2013
Lancaster
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Was a newbie, now a Middie.
Really ?
Itinerants must have nicked the trees then !

And another thing, the thread title is misleading :

Dogs paying camping fees.

I can't even get mine to fetch let alone pay camping fees

View attachment 56824
You know, its vandals like that dog owner who are RUINING the picnic sites of this country!! Tich tich. Allowing a poo covered dog to sit on a public eating area. And what if a family, complete with delinquent parents, wish to use that facility, in order to set up a disposable barbie, and set the whole damned lot on fire?

Disgusted, Lancashire.......:(:(:(:(;)

Dec 27, 2014
Funster No
You know, its vandals like that dog owner who are RUINING the picnic sites of this country!! Tich tich. Allowing a poo covered dog to sit on a public eating area. And what if a family, complete with delinquent parents, wish to use that facility, in order to set up a disposable barbie, and set the whole damned lot on fire?

Disgusted, Lancashire.......:(:(:(:(;)
The quality of their BBQ food be so poor that the bloody dog wouldn't eat it...... and if he did you'll find him licking his arse to get rid of the taste. o_O

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back