Dogs in Italy (1 Viewer)

Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Fiat Bessacarr E495 6 ber
Exp
I'm a newbie
Just about to book a site near Venice & another one at Rome. Can anyone tell me if it's a good idea taking a dog with us, we'll be going into Venice and into Rome for a few days . Thanks Alan & Debbie

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
IMG_2014092852721.jpg
Depends on the time of year I think. At the heat of the summer can it be left in the MH? Also the size of the dog.

We have found an Endless Breeze fan brilliant on our current trip to Spain. The dog sits in front of it all day given the chance. When we go out we even tie the fan so it can't be knocked over.

For travelling, with dog in a cage it has been superb. This picture shows the fan on the left blowing onto the dog.

Upvote 0
Jan 22, 2014
Birmingham
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
We where in Venice this year and we took our dog Venice was ok Rome is ok but if u want to see the Vatican might be a problem if u go to the Vatican on a Wednesday u might see the pope giving Mass

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adog
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Yeah - he travels fine, quite enjoys it I think, even seems to smile from time to time. He was OK staying in the van with a fan too before we changed to the MH but we're unsure if we'll be hampered visiting places via the boats in Venice or places like the coliseum in Rome. This is Zac smiling.
image.jpg

Upvote 0

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
With a small dog I can't see a problem taking him out and about with you.
You just pick him up get on and off the vaporetti. You can eat outside cafés and restaurants.
In summer I think it would be too hot to leave him inside a motorhome, might be ok with a fan trained on him.
But a roll of poo bags, folding water bowl and he can go with you. Lots of water fountains in Italian streets.
Only places that might not be happy with a dog are religious ones--the Vatican, St Mark's in Venice, but all the open air places will be fine.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adog
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
Thanks for that - our minds are made up - he's going on his hols to Rome next year - good piece of advice, thanks again.

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For places where you can't let him 'walk' you could get a backpack/papoose for him - we used to use a kiddy papoose for one of our dogs (he couldn't walk far) and he loved it. It also means that if he gets tired, which he probably will, you've got an easy means of carrying him.

Midge in back-pack.jpg

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Ooops ... my laptop has got hiccups!!! :D

Gawd ... I do miss my little Midgey .... :cry:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Adog
Aug 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
Exp
I'm a newbie
I like the idea of the papoose thing - not too sure that Zac would freak out or not - do they come in large adult sizes, about 6' long?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
I like the idea of the papoose thing - not too sure that Zac would freak out or not - do they come in large adult sizes, about 6' long?
I think you'd find that Zak would love it ... you'd probably have trouble getting him out of it! You can get them with a little stand which pushes out at the back so that it makes it easier to put them on/take off, and also stand them up with the dog still in them which is ideal if whoever is carrying it just want to pop into a shop etc, these ones also have a waist strap too therefore not all the weight is on your shoulders so is more comfortable. There are loads on Ebay so you should be able to get one very cheaply:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Baby-Carr...html?_from=R40&_nkw=baby+carrier&rt=nc&_dmd=2

Not sure about adult ones!

Upvote 0

pamie

Free Member
Aug 10, 2014
Funster No
MH
Hobby 750
Exp
I'm a newbie
we have these for our dogs Broken Link Removed great for when we are on the bikes aswell

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back