Dogs and restuarants (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
We have found most French and many Spanish restaurants are happy to have well behaved dogs either inside or more usually on the terrace if present.

Can anyone tell me the situation in Italy as we are heading there in a week or so. We like to have the odd meal out and Meg is no trouble, just lies under the table.

simbadog

Free Member
Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
Don't know but I wouldn't try it in Korea :Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

WAG2CRU

Free Member
May 31, 2012
Argyll
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654SL Star Edition
Exp
since2012
Hi, we had the same question, whilst in France last week we were talking to a couple who said, Italy is not as dog friendly as France and dogs are not welcome on some sites and most restaurants. However this is not first hand experience.

Rapide561

Free Member
Aug 5, 2007
Leeds and Lake Garda
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
dogs

Hi

Yes, many places in Italy accept dogs. I had my mate with me at Manerba del Garda last year and he was shocked and kept saying "Russell, there's a dog over there". In fact, I think it is quite customary to take the dog to the evening meal.

I never had a problem when I had my dog with me, even though he knocked a table over, taking a bottle of wine, water and glasses with it.

Also, we were welcome in all sites. NOTE however, muzzles are required on public transport although we did not do so, but we were "off season" in the winter. Dogs are not usually allowed on beaches, but again, we did, off season and no one bothered.

Russell

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back