Dogs and France

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Road Runner, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Road Runner

Road Runner Read Only Funster

2. Left-Hooker

Left-Hooker Funster

Twas me I think, so thanks very much for your input.

and..

No mention of a staffie there - so I might be OK.

If anyone else is interested the camping club add a rider to their information sheet which reads..

Please note: The Staffordshire bull terrier can be imported in to France, it is not classed as a dangerous dog.

Thanks again.

3. ninjayorkies

ninjayorkies Read Only Funster

It's Germany that doesn't allow Staffies.

"There is hatred of dogs (hundehass) in Germany. Following the tragic death of a child, in July 2000 the German authorities passed laws on dog control which affects all dog owners coming to or living in Germany. The laws have banned outright certain breeds of dog, which may not be brought into Germany. These banned breeds are: Bull Terriers, Pitbull Terriers, Staffordshire Bull Terriers, American Staffordshire Bull Terriers or crossbreeds from any of these named breeds. If you own one of these breeds and are coming here, you will not be able to bring your dog with you. If this affects you, and you have to leave your dog behind and cannot find someone to care for it, contact the RSPCA or PDSA (you will find their numbers in the phone book), and they will try to rehome your dog. "

Mind you I'm finding the Germans treat me like I have the plague when I'm out walking Yorkshire terriers :Eeek: