Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
After spending weeks preparing his motor home for his first adventure out into the wildeness. Dogman ended up having a difficult time and may forever be traumatised and scared for life by his experience, both physically and mentally.

After 30 mins driving the van it was nicknamed 'Brian the Snail' when all it would reach was an amazing top speed of 55 mph. With radio blaring there was still the need of ear-defenders to drown out the loud engine noise. This wasnt enough to drown out a constant beeping somewhere in the background. Both Dogman and missus searched over the next few days for the source of this beeping Having fitted a new inverter he could only think that it was this, after having checked all his electrics. Only to eventually discover that is was his pager in his glove box beeping to show low battery.

After going through Blackpool his first stop over was in Fleetwood, all seemed to be well :Eeek:. A white van slowly cruised around the carpark making Mrs dogman very nervous as the guys where smiling at her :Smile: as she leaned out the window having a cig. The smiles turned to misery as the guys realised Mr Dogman was also present in the van. Mrs Dogman then decided it wasnt safe there, as she had visions of rape and pillaging:cry:.

Next day the Dogmans headed for the Lake District, having been told of a good place to wild camp at Eskwaite Water near Hawkshead. Although having a tom tom Dogman still didnt manage to locate the said location, he drove around the lake 3 times in total. He ended up in Conniston and settled in for the night. Dogman found somewhere with a low wall, thinking it would be ideal and save him having to put his step out. His thinking in this would be to just step on the wall as he exited his van. That night after managing to cook a nice meal on his skillet lol, mr and mrs dogman exhausted decided to turn in for the night. The night went like this. A constant barage of people beeping their horns as they went past. By the time it got to 5am Dogman had had enough of this beeping and as a motorcylist went past and banged on the van, he thought enough was enough. As Brian the Snail had no hope in catching this biker, Dogman thought he would do better chasing him by foot. So in temper after having so little sleep he decided to take action. He jumped up and had the good idea of putting his slippers on. He throws open the van door steps down on the low wall. Forgetting it had been raining and the said wall was slippy, Dogman slips between the wall and the van. With a gash the full length of his shin, huring abuse at the biker who was long gone. He decided that this van has got to go. So on prompt return to Liverpool the said van is now up for sale. Only one careful owner :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

dogmanlpool

Free Member
Jun 9, 2009
liverpool
Funster No
MH
mercedes 609d
well patrick you couldnt have put it any better mate than me in words ?? hahahah but the lakes are full of [ winkers ] all feckon night beeping there horn goin past :Doh:?? wots wrong with these people only stops us going there ??? anyway pat on me way up to you to beep my horn all nite long :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: lets se how funny it is hahaha xxx
P.S DONT TAKE DIRECTIONS OFF PATRICK HE HASNT GOT A CLUE ?? HAHAHA

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
come on Dogmanpool.,

Don't give up yet, get Patrick to bring you down to meet a few of us others, we could all do with a laugh:ROFLMAO:

AS for you Patrick, :Angry: Do you go out of your way to meet with people that have problems? with Eddie and his DIY and now dogmanpool you attract a somewhat disaster ridden clientele ::bigsmile::ROFLMAO:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
what a sad tale. Take a deep breath and try again, 55mph is not too bad when away you are on holiday, you want to look at the scenery and enjoy it don't you. The van is only noisey if you are really pushing it hard, ease of the pedal and the noise dies back a bit 50mph is an economical speed to travel at anyway:thumb:. Wild camping spots take a while to find but once found tend to be used over and over again. The next trip is bound to be better, at Fleetwood we ended up on the beach road at the far end, a dead end with no passing traffic. Very quiet apart from the wind and a fantastic sea veiw. There are many places to stay in the lakes, you just have to look a bit harder and try to get off the road. We have always wild camped and never had the sort of problems you had Keith. don't let it put you off it really can be great fun you just need time to get used to things.:thumb::thumb:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i agree with wildman . you get better at finding places as time goes by. it becomes second nature ,yes this is good or no it dont feel right . i,v wild camped all over uk n abroad for years only ever been knocked twice by police .just said i was tired and will be gone early in morning, left alone. sometimes the bussiest places in the day are the best at night. london ,madrid etc easy ,in the country can be harder. cheers alan.

OP
OP
Patrick

Patrick

Free Member
Nov 18, 2007
Liverpool
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2 year....Love it!
Stop encouraging him he will want to come with us to the meets next time.

Well Brian the Snail had to go, I believe Mrs Dogman has worn out her Jimmy Choo's pushing it.

Just spoke to Keith (Dogman) and he is all geared up for his latest project. He is thinking of buying a panel van and kitting it out. Unfortunately for us all he is not giving up. He is talking of investing a super dooper horn for whatever he buys, intending on getting his own back on the motor world.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back