Free Member
Apr 24, 2008
NORFOLK
Funster No
MH
Coach Built low
Exp
SINCE 2008
Hi I will soon be collecting a new Van Bessicar E560. with bench seats . I have two dogs which travel on the seats for safety ( strapped in ) . Does anyone know if you can obtain dog proof water proof covers for bench seats in the Motor home?

rainbow chasers

Free Member
Oct 30, 2009
Mid Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Various
Exp
Have a look in a material shop for some canvas or similar material- or even contact a sail-maker if you are near the coast - they will gladly sell you an off-cut.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if the bench seats are similar in size to a car rear seat i think argos used to do some
or maybe pets at home stores may have something.:Smile:

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
what about those picnic blankets you can buy with water proof backing :Blush:

There is a good idea:thumb:

For the car we've got one of those flat type dog baskets, appears sturdy and water proof (hopefully not to be tested beyond Shelby licking her paw) with a small, 2" ish lip/roll round the edge to contain any errant crumbs, works well.

In the van we just have a throw/s for the chairs she's likely to sit on, that's, err, pretty much all of them, in sequence as soon as we arrive anywhere, each seat, wants on the bed, wants out, wants in, wants to play with the shark, wants a chew, all at the same time:Doh::ROFLMAO:

kennygd

Free Member
Dec 1, 2009
Anywhere in the UK
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Starting out fulltiming
:Smile:Morning all, just been in to Wilkinsons and bought a double size water resistant mattress protector for £4.00, ideal.
kennygd:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Smoogy

Free Member
Mar 29, 2010
Porlock, Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2 months and loving it!
I picked up a summer horse blanket from a car boot for £5 which is waterproof & rip proof one side and cotton on the other which works great at protecting seats from a bouncing weimaraner and doubles as a great groundsheet for picnics too!

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
what about those picnic blankets you can buy with water proof backing :Blush:

Thats all you need . then cut it in half , so you have 2 longer strips. We use these to cover the seats when eating in the MH .
Kids arnt that bad now , but just incase ! Works for red wine too:Blush:
Check side up black rubber side down.
We've had our picnic blanket years and used it on the bench seats of the caravans we've had in the past. Cost about a fiver , so well worth it.
Bev

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back