Dog to France (1 Viewer)

Aug 1, 2007
Billingham
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
since 2003
Anyone know the approximate cost of taking a dog to France and back, passport, vets, etc.

rav4girly

Free Member
Aug 26, 2009
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Moncayo
Exp
July 09
We just took our dogs to France and back on LD lines from Portsmouth to Le Havre. The fare cost £36 pounds return for each dog. Also you must get them checked by a french vet no less than 24 hours and no more than 48 hours before you arrive at the french port to return to UK. They need tapeworm and tick treatment and the vet signs the passport with the date and time that they checked the animal. This cost us about 25 euros for each dog.

As for the initial cost of the Pet Passport it will vary widely depending on the vet you use. The main cost is the blood test which have to be sent off to a lab to check if the rabies jabs have been effective. That alone cost me £70.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
We just took our dogs to France and back on LD lines from Portsmouth to Le Havre. The fare cost £36 pounds return for each dog. Also you must get them checked by a french vet no less than 24 hours and no more than 48 hours before you arrive at the french port to return to UK. They need tapeworm and tick treatment and the vet signs the passport with the date and time that they checked the animal. This cost us about 25 euros for each dog.

As for the initial cost of the Pet Passport it will vary widely depending on the vet you use. The main cost is the blood test which have to be sent off to a lab to check if the rabies jabs have been effective. That alone cost me £70.

Which French Vet did you use ?

Ralph - about £200 to get the passport and on the tunnel they charge to come back & not to go out to France (£36 seems about right as I recollect) :RollEyes:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back