Dog related injury?!! Claim or not? (1 Viewer)

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I don't think you have a claim against the Club.

You might have a claim against the owner but it happened in Scotland so it's Scottish law and jurisdiction so I really can't help with that.

I would just put it down to experience.

Sorry you are hurt , but I didn't half laugh when I read it was a pug attack:ROFLMAO:

I dont beleive you laughed Chris :winky:

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
I think what happened is called an accident?

Do you remember one of them?

It's a real sad situation that you find yourself in but never the less it was a pure accident.

In daisey mai's case that was an accident too. However, if it was my 10stone beast (not Nikki) that had done this I would of expected her to claim against me for the damage done. My dog is insured, not sure they would pay as if a dog can't run around a park where can it run?

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
I am sorry you have a nasty injury I would write to the CC explaining and not expect them to do anything at all that way you will not be disappointed if you hear nothing from them.
I doubt they will take an attack by a PUG seriously I know you have a nasty injury but unless you are prepared for more hassle I would forget where there is an accident there is a claim merchants.
Do you have any kind of insurance for holidays? that may be worth looking into
We do have a few legal bods on here I would think one of those would give you some sound advice from a legal standpoint but can you stand the messing about that a claim usually brings only you can decide that

This sounds the best to me, have you got holiday insurance , if you have a annual policy it will probably cover you here as well as abroad, think ours does anyway.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
you were injured as a direct result of a dog dangerously out of control in a public place. Damn right you have a case and the caravan club have records of who was on site with the dog and the attack. the police should have been called at the time, however you still have a case against the negligent owner

hope your injury improves soon

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
you were injured as a direct result of a dog dangerously out of control in a public place. Damn right you have a case and the caravan club have records of who was on site with the dog and the attack. the police should have been called at the time, however you still have a case against the negligent owner

hope your injury improves soon

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
the law is the law and to have a dog dangerously out of control in a public place is an offence. for the dog to cause injury is gross negligence by the owner.

I say sue the arse off them. and as already stated the cc have all the details you need for evidence

we are dog lovers and go nowhere without them. when booking into a cc site you have to tell them if you have dogs etc along with name and address. It sounds pretty clear cut to me. as they say "where there's blame, there's a claim". the sooner that bad dog owners get the message about the updated dog laws and their liability the better. if you want a dog you are responsible for training it and keeping it under control.

not a laughing matter really as an innocent person was injured through another person's negligence:Doh:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I think what happened is called an accident?

Do you remember one of them?

It's a real sad situation that you find yourself in but never the less it was a pure accident.

In daisey mai's case that was an accident too. However, if it was my 10stone beast (not Nikki) that had done this I would of expected her to claim against me for the damage done. My dog is insured, not sure they would pay as if a dog can't run around a park where can it run?

The dog wasn't running round a park though, was it Paul? As said in the OP it came from under the van (i.e. on the site where it should have been on a lead) and started to attack. Surely, in those circumstances, the dog owner is negligent isn't he/she?

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
I do love these threads where some characters blow everything right out of proportion. Hilarious.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I do love these threads where some characters blow everything right out of proportion. Hilarious.

would you consider it OTT if you were the one waiting for surgery after being attacked? or having to change your holiday plans etc?

youre allowed to find any posts hillarious on this forum, in fact its encouraged

little things please......

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Compo Culture..... I do hate it....:RollEyes:

It makes me laugh..... and cry.......:cry:

and the same folk who pursue, it then subsequently moan like hell when their insurance premiums go through the roof....:Doh:

Life is a pain in the ass at times........

::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
the law is the law and to have a dog dangerously out of control in a public place is an offence. for the dog to cause injury is gross negligence by the owner.

I say sue the arse off them. and as already stated the cc have all the details you need for evidence

we are dog lovers and go nowhere without them. when booking into a cc site you have to tell them if you have dogs etc along with name and address. It sounds pretty clear cut to me. as they say "where there's blame, there's a claim". the sooner that bad dog owners get the message about the updated dog laws and their liability the better. if you want a dog you are responsible for training it and keeping it under control.

not a laughing matter really as an innocent person was injured through another person's negligence:Doh:
I dont like to get involved in other members debates but I think your scenario has more holes than a colander. Only my view of course.

May 29, 2013
Tyneside
Funster No
MH
Chausson best of Flash 10
Exp
Several years now
Of course if it turns out that the owners of the dog were actually Gypsies........................Bearing in mind that a 70-something woman got a police record for calling them names.......................hope their poor little dog was not injured by your nasty rough ankle..............

Only joking, hope your soon better !!

Last edited:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
would you consider it OTT if you were the one waiting for surgery after being attacked? or having to change your holiday plans etc?

youre allowed to find any posts hillarious on this forum, in fact its encouraged

little things please......

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I would just put it down to an accident,although i dont over react like some and i certainly dont try to claim every time i have a mishap.Some individuals always try to pass blame on someone or something.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
what I had better state for the information of others is

I have worked in breed rescue for a certain type of dog that the government were trying to add to the dangerous dogs act. because of this I have been on courses to teach law related to dogs and their implications. we have been in courts a few times defending dogs from destruction through no fault of theirs. we have also been called as expert witnesses to cases where dogs were deemed dangerously out of control. the law is very specific and the description provided by the OP in this and the other thread, if correct shows negligence of the dog owner lead to injury

just my qualified opinion:thumb:

Daveo2006

Free Member
Jan 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Apache 700
Exp
3 years
So what would you advise Big1 if we see a dangerously out of control pug heading toward us, in your * qualified opinion * of course.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
what I had better state for the information of others is
I have worked in breed rescue for a certain type of dog that the government were trying to add to the dangerous dogs act. because of this I have been on courses to teach law related to dogs and their implications. we have been in courts a few times defending dogs from destruction through no fault of theirs. we have also been called as expert witnesses to cases where dogs were deemed dangerously out of control. the law is very specific and the description provided by the OP in this and the other thread, if correct shows negligence of the dog owner lead to injury
just my qualified opinion:thumb:
Our courts are full of qualified opinions, pity they cant all be right.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
The question really boils down to do you want to claim which if you get anything will be paid for by all the other club members ( in increased pitch fees or membership costs ) to fund either the club payment to you or to pay the increased premium on their insurance or put it down to life's trials and tribulations.
Compensation doesn't come out of some mysterious pot of money but out of other peoples pockets the only real winners are the solicitors. If you feel the site managers were negligent and want some retribution thats a different matter!

David

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I have had a few and I am now pssing myself about this thread.

"Beware The Pug"

:roflmto:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Thank you davidandginny for that. sorry haven`t copied what I am revering to, I think davidandginny would know.

I never considered a claim, I think there is too much of that nowadays, as someone said the solicitors are the real winners, the dogs were playing as dogs do, they were chasing each other, it wasn`t aggression, I should have been more aware of what was going on, I was talking to other dogs owners, with my back to the dogs. I am very careful now, dreading another knock it would be too painful. A simple thing like that can really mar your life, I am no spring chicken and I don`t bounce like I perhaps would have done when younger, that's life I guess, not always easy, makes me appreciate things more.

Last edited:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
As you have admitted to being intimidated by a PUG here is a bit of free good advice do not go to court:ROFLMAO:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I have heard there may be a gang of them going about like this one "INITT"

Broken Link Removed

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Well I guess money for an 'accident' that was not of my making. If the dog had been tethered as per caravan club regulations then this 'accident' would not have happened. [HI]The animal was invading my pitch at the time and it shouldn't have been there[/HI].

I'm retired, so no loss of income, but I'm very active so my whole quality of life has been reduced and as far as I am concerned through no result of something I've done myself.

That's the thing with animals, a dog in this case, they don't get "our" rules, do they.

They don't see the limits of the pitch, they don't think they are invading. They just act like, well like dogs, unsurprisingly.

If I pitched next to you I would be worried as my 4 year old is a little whirlwind and he could run onto your pitch. He, I'm sure has no plans to invade your "territorial limits", he just loves running around.

Now, if it was a grass snake, a chicken, a deer, or even my rampant 4 year old, who collided with you, lest not forget accidents happen, would you be suing me.....?.

My wife jammed my fingers in the door the other day, boy did it hurt, and the bruising was bad, but I did not sue her, why, well because I love her and I know it was an accident. They do still exist. Accidents that is, not love.....:RollEyes:

by the way I note the nasty vicious little Pug never made any connection with you, did it not try and come back for a second attempt?, or maybe it was just as surprised to see you as you were to see it......

:winky:

Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
About 3 year's ago our postman fell while jumping over our dividing wall and broke his wrist and ourselfs and next door neighbour thought he or the post office where going to sue us for recompense
Its not a nice feeling your about to be sued for some thing that is not your fault
Is it a accident as he has done it for year's or is it his own fault for not following path
outcome was back at work 4 weeks later and we never heard anything
And he did jump over wall this morning as usual

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
in my view it goes like this....

you paid the cc for a pitch, which was accepted by them, so you entered into a contract with the club, therefore the cc have a duty of care towards you.

good luck, but i feel you're pi$$ing into the wind making a claim..

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
The compensation thing is getting totally out of hand. The money has to come from somewhere and it is our pockets.

Lin

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Niesman+Bischoff 79e
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 10
The dog wasn't running round a park though, was it Paul? As said in the OP it came from under the van (i.e. on the site where it should have been on a lead) and started to attack. Surely, in those circumstances, the dog owner is negligent isn't he/she?

No Graham I was referring to daisey mays incident. ...

What if this dog was a stay? Or s cat? Maybe even a Fox?
Are the cc still responsible???

It was an accident......deal with it....

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back