Dog owners beware (1 Viewer)

Jan 31, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
10 years +
myself and sue go on campsites that dogs and animals are not allowed ..........the other day we was walking round our local park and unbeknown to me I must have walked in some dog babber ................when I see dogs walking round our parks it makes me cringe. steve

Must be strange campsites, more like prisons I'd have thought as they must have really high walls buried into the ground, and even then they couldn't possibly keep all animals out.

How did you know it was dog poo - did you run a DNA test on it?

There's a lot of animals out there in the countryside and even in town parks. Maybe you should stay indoors.

OP
OP
Dawn B
Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
myself and sue go on campsites that dogs and animals are not allowed that way we are assured of being able to go out for walks without treading in dog babber and walking back into our motorhome with nothing but mud on our shoes if that. the other day we was walking round our local park and unbeknown to me I must have walked in some dog babber needless to say it stunk after driving for a while with the heat on if human beings did that there would be an out cry . im sorry about your dogs but the same thing happens to human beings they are only dogs after all and if youd have kept them on your own property this wouldn't have happened when I see dogs walking round our parks it makes me cringe. steve
You sad, sad people. You have no idea what you're missing, not liking animals

stevensson10

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
normanton
Funster No
MH
fiat ducatti auto rller 5
Exp
im a newbie
animals

I would just like to say that to the contrary I do love animals and that includes dogs cats etc what I don't like to see is dog pooh on our streets.in our parks on our canal walks etc im of the beliefe that unless you have a disinfectant sprayyou cannot properly clean up after your dog. also some owners then hang the pooh bags on trees and hedges. I have many times made donations to the RSPA and several other charities as I class my self as a caring person. I don't mean to offend anybody and if I have I do apologise.however I speak my mind because that's how ive been all my life. and I will always stick to my beliefes. I will not be drawn any more on this issue regards steve

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Dog lovers?

Firstly, my commiserations to the owner who lost his dog that started this thread.

Secondly, what a shame that such a tragedy should be "hijacked" by the "hate dog poo brigade".

Who was it that said, "The more people I meet, the more I love my Dog?"

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
I would just like to say that to the contrary I do love animals and that includes dogs cats etc what I don't like to see is dog pooh on our streets.in our parks on our canal walks etc im of the beliefe that unless you have a disinfectant sprayyou cannot properly clean up after your dog. also some owners then hang the pooh bags on trees and hedges. I have many times made donations to the RSPA and several other charities as I class my self as a caring person. I don't mean to offend anybody and if I have I do apologise.however I speak my mind because that's how ive been all my life. and I will always stick to my beliefes. I will not be drawn any more on this issue regards steve

Your post was utterly offensive and designed to be such. You are a disgrace to the human race as you clearly hate animals despite pretending not to, now. Not only that, you obviously delight in trolling threads in order to cause trouble, the only person you care about is yourself. :Eeek: and your stupid shoes

Dogs are not to blame for owners who do not pick up poo. People are. Like they are for criminal acts and antisocial behaviour too!! As pointed out, rather don't venture out, none of us want to be anywhere near you anyway as you might be a threat to animals within range if you hate them that much and are so malevolent.

I speak my mind too :Angry::Angry::Angry:you are a really nasty individual or a trouble making troll to make such a disgusting post. The likes of you make all dog lovers cringe!! :Angry::Angry::Eeek:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
Going back to the subject of the thread;
Despite walking around Sandringham regulaly, having not ever met anyone, or even met anyone who knows someone who's dog has died as a result of visiting Sandringham, I wonder if the problem should be from now on referred to as 'dog-gassing'?

Sorry for the scepticism, but would these dogs have popped their clogs due to another underlying cause if they had been walked elsewhere? These deaths seem to occur in pampered pedigree pooches, too much human food and an over-clean home environment perhaps?
I don't disbelieve dogs have died at Sandringham, but was Sandringham the cause? I don't believe Sandringham is some kind of toxic canine killing ground! You would soon know about it if gundogs keeled over on Royal shoots on a regular basis.:Eeek:

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Firstly, my commiserations to the owner who lost his dog that started this thread.

Secondly, what a shame that such a tragedy should be "hijacked" by the "hate dog poo brigade".

Who was it that said, "The more people I meet, the more I love my Dog?"

the person who started the thread did not lose her dog, just posted a warning from someone who had.

And yes, you are right about that saying :thumb:

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
I hope the person whose dogs suffered such tragedy goes straight to the papers and sues the site.

Sorry but in my personal opinion they have a duty to their customers and if they charge for dogs that includes the dogs too
WELL SAID:thumb:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
They'll be sueing Mother Nature and The Queen then!:winky:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
This problem isn`t just at Sandringham, it is also in Nottinghamshire and other places which I have forgotton sorry, every year it crops up, it would be helpful to know the cause.

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
This problem isn`t just at Sandringham, it is also in Nottinghamshire and other places which I have forgotton sorry, every year it crops up, it would be helpful to know the cause.

Apart from Sandringham, Thetford Forest and Clumber Park are known locations for Seasonal Canine Illness - these sites are the subject of research by the Animal Health Trust http://www.aht.org.uk/sci

From talking to local people when out walking my dog, I know that the Forestry Commission woods off Kirkby Lane, Woodhall Spa (near to Woodhall Spa CCC site) are another SCI location.

I have walked my dog in all the above locations at the 'dangerous' time of year ie Aug-Nov. Had better add that I just happened to be in those areas in autumn - not that I'm trying to get rid of my dog. :Eeek: Thankfully she was fine.

One theory is that Frontline seems to offer protection against the illness - tho' believe this is the spray rather than the drop-on version. It might therefore be connected to ticks or mites which occur in woodland in autumn. Other theories concern fungal or bracken spores. It's still very much a mystery. :Sad:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back