Dog owners be responsible.

Discussion in 'Best Campsites for Dogs' started by electrajohnt, Apr 22, 2014.

1. electrajohnt

electrajohnt Read Only Funster

Just got back from Padstow Touring Site. Extremely well set up site with good pitches and facilities, I would recommend this site to anyone.
    Just one gripe, a small amount of dog owners are spoiling it for the majority of dog owners and those of us who don't have dogs.
    On a sit where they ask dogs to be kept on a lead they are left to run around. Also a small minority are not cleaning the dog crap up. Don't these owners think of others, particularly the young kids running around.

• Like Like x 18
  2. Phill D

Phill D

i dont think you will find any Funsters, dog owner or not who would disagree with you. Assume you pointed your observations out to the site owner / warden!:thumb:

• Like Like x 7
  3. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

Get the kids on leads I say:Rofl1: Seriously though, that does my head in :Angry: Although we loved the site at Ledaig there was a lot of dog crap on the walk paths beside the beach. And, I see it all too often in ABZ too. Just this evening we were walking our pooch around our local park which has just had major work done to it and there was dog poop all over one of the main paths. There is NO NEED people, clean it up. I won't mention horse riders though, 'cause they are allowed to leave horse crap all over the shop :Angry:

• Like Like x 5
  4. Dogeared

Dogeared Funster

Agree, as a dog owner ourselves, we hate this, ironically we have just spent ten days at THS Victoria Country park, Netley. On the THS site there must have been about twenty dogs, very free and easy, all dogs on a lead, no mess anywhere. The park itself is dog friendly, dogs allowed off their leads in the park and in the woods, normally about a dozen dogs running free, families everywhere, again no mess, what a fab time everyone was having. Only time we saw a dog out of control, other dog owners had serous words with them. Unfortunately a few irresponsible dog and children owners have no respect for other. Pity

• Like Like x 4
  5. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

Has anyone considered that some of the crap is from foxes?

• Like Like x 2
  6. Campercaillie

Campercaillie Read Only Funster

Place your bets!! How long is this one going to run?? :Wink:

• Like Like x 4
  7. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

Fox crap is different though isn't it in terms of appearance.?

I study these things:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 9
  8. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

sadly it seems with everything, a few bad apples spoilt the cart. just a few dogs on a site allowed to crap where they like and not picked up soon accumulate a lot of deposits. If i dont get out in my garden and clean up at least once a day, it soon looks and smells awful

maybe if the councils and site owners started policing the problem and at the same time installed more dog bins, it would really help. one excellent idea is what they do in certain places in america, fit a doggie cesspit beside each dog park. the poo goes down a chute and into the cesspit which digests the solids. planning on maybe fitting one myself at home. 3 medium size dogs produce a lot of waste each and every day

• Like Like x 2
  9. johnp10

johnp10 Funster

You're interested in shit???

Oh, yeah.
    You're a lawyer.:Rofl1:

• Like Like x 9
  10. Bailey58

Bailey58 Funster Life Member

So does our dog, she rolls in it. :Angry:
    :Rofl1:

• Like Like x 3
  11. Viennese

Viennese Funster

Horse dirt is benevolent vegetarian dung - not stinky carnivorous ordure... Most people would run out and gather it up for the garden. Not the same at all.

• Like Like x 6
  12. sdc77

sdc77 Funster

[HI]stinky carnivorous ordure[/HI]

Great description

Irresponsible dog owners are as annoying as Irresponsible wild campers IMHO

• Like Like x 1
  13. MHVirgins

MHVirgins

When we lived near Gatwick there were always horses going past the front of our house to nearby stables......I kept a shovel behind the wall and would nip out and lift it, good for the garden:thumb:

Margaret

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  14. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Dog Mess

Seems to be bad behaviour by the dog owners letting them run around and not clearing up after them. Also very poor management but he site owners. Do they not have eyes to see whats going on and should they not take action to prevent it and thereby ensure the enjoyment of of their customers, both responsible dog owners and those without dogs. Or have they got the money so can't be bothered.

15. ABZSteve

ABZSteve Funster

So that gives them the right to leave a pile of dung WHY?? Wouldn't want my kids to stand in it, fall in it or any other "in it" any takers, no, didn't think so. Back to the dog mess :Rofl1:

16. Allanm

Allanm Funster

So is chicken S**t but I wouldn't want to tread in it or let my kids play in it.
    We regularly have piles of horse droppings that block footpaths. If it was litter, the owners could get fined.
    If horse owners could just strap a bucket under their animals tails...........

17. shawn&emma

shawn&emma Funster

I should think most wardens would not overlook dogs running around of leads doing the business every where. It frustrates me big time. Nothing worse than finding a pile when striming or having it walked all round reception and the shower block :Angry:
    As already said its only the minority but it's a bloody minded minority that think they have the right to just let there dog roam, fine in the right place but if you have been requested to keep your dog on lead please do so :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  18. buttons

buttons Funster

All dogs should have a DNA swab taken before entering the site, this will guarantee that all owners act responsibly. :Wink::Wink:

19. 54mud

54mud

There are some responsible dog owners about that bag there dogs poo. Then to show everyone they have done so they throw it into the trees and bushes.:Angry:

20. bigfoot

bigfoot Funster

I have an idea which may go to Dragons Den,put luminous paint in dog food,less chance of treading in it at night!:thumb:

• Like Like x 1