Dog options for Van Bitz visit

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Alcemi, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Alcemi

Alcemi Funster

Hi all! We're heading over to Van Bitz the week after next for installation of a Growler etc. Our Portuguese Water Dog is currently awaiting knee surgery, so is limited to short walks only. Just wondering what others have done with their dogs during a Van Bitz installation? Any suggestions for nearby places to visit that we can take him to (preferably undercover in case of rain)? Thanks!

2. Baileysbus

Baileysbus Funster

I'd be interested to know that as well. We're down at vanbitz mid October and will have our hound with us too. Any dog friendly places in Taunton? :RollEyes:

• Like Like x 1
  3. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

When I went down there with the dog, the first day, we went off for a long walk, and found a pub and had lunch. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the pub, but I think it was horse related :D Second day, we sat in the waiting area, and wandered around the campsite every now and then.

• Like Like x 3
  4. Zigisla

Zigisla Funster

There is an orchard next field over which you can walk in and opposite is a short walk by a stream into fields. It is beside the motorway though. In town - walkable, there are plenty of pubs accepting dogs. We used the ring of roses. The Park at the top of town is very nice as well. Ask Ash really nicely and he may take you and the dog into town and it is a short walk back.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ANDY400R

ANDY400R Funster

They gave us a lift into Taunton with our dog, we then had a nice walk around town up to the park, then a spot of lunch and caught the bus back to near the campsite in the afternoon.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Armytwowheels

Armytwowheels Funster Life Member

We also got a lift in to Taunton with our dog, had a walk around and found that Cafe Nero let you in with your dog. It is a lovely building too, well worth the price of the coffee and a bun, just to look inside the building.

Also up by the river there is a nice cafe with outside seating (if the weathers nice).

• Like Like x 1
  7. big bertha

big bertha Funster

We put up our pop up screen house, walked around orchard and part of racecourse and just sat and read but as we were booked in for that night also so could stay on pitch.
    We are back on Monday for immobilliser but will probably go walk then sit in waiting area or outside depending on weather.

• Like Like x 1
  8. dulvil

dulvil Funster

We hired a van for the day and took dogs to the coast

• Like Like x 1
  9. EX51SSS

EX51SSS Funster

Is it worth asking Vanbitz about your requirements. I'm sure you're not the only one who has particular needs.

• Like Like x 1
  10. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

It's also worth pointing out that Eddie himself own two gigantic German Shepard's, I'm sure he can advice if you need help! :D

• Like Like x 2
  11. rangitira

rangitira Funster

Aw Maaaate! yu gotta watch our Ed, if you are there when Wales win !!! Boy oh boy!! yu gotta keep an eye on yer pooch if its a Welsh Corgi.
    Maaaaate 'ee been known to set up the Barbie wiv an evil glint in 'is eye 'as our Ed!:doh:

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Alcemi

Alcemi Funster

Thanks everyone for all the suggestions - sounds like there are plenty of places we can take him! (y)