Dog friendly sites in Norfolk (1 Viewer)

Daifuse

Free Member
Feb 20, 2013
Milford Haven
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Since 2011
Can anyone recommend a dog friendly (or even dog tolerant) site near Little Walsingham around the end of July? I've looked around and found none in the C&CC or CC books. It needs to be within walking distance - say 2 miles maximum of the village.

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013
Nearest that I could find.

Birds Farm Certificated Site
Walsingham Road
Binham
Fakenham
Norfolk
NR21 0BT
share.png

Tel: 01328 820209

Facilities: (Key)
members.gif
open_all_year.gif
hookups.gif
pets.gif
showers.gif
toilets.gif
elsan.gif

Nearby:

Pitches: 5 CCC Members Only
Open: Open All Year

Rating:
8_star_rating.png
8/10 from 4 Reviews

Units accepted:
pitches_tent.gif
Tents
pitches_caravan.gif
Caravans
pitches_motorvan.gif
Motorhomes
This is a Camping and Caravanning Club Certificated Site, which accept five caravans or motorhomes and usually tents, space permitting.

I think there is a Britstop in the village, Britstop No. 220
Nelsons

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I know it is not near where you want to be, but for future reference Reedham Ferry, caravan site, belongs to the pub which is on the site, sit having a drink/meal and watch the boats go by, dog friendly, my friend and I took 3 dogs inside and had a meal, last Tuesday, lovely field for the dogs to run free, plenty of wildlife, saw a heron fishing not ten feet away from me, EHU, best showers on any site I have been on in thirty years, hot and powerful, only used them as I couldn`t get the hot water to work on my MH.

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
I know it is not near where you want to be, but for future reference Reedham Ferry, caravan site, belongs to the pub which is on the site, sit having a drink/meal and watch the boats go by, dog friendly, my friend and I took 3 dogs inside and had a meal, last Tuesday, lovely field for the dogs to run free, plenty of wildlife, saw a heron fishing not ten feet away from me, EHU, best showers on any site I have been on in thirty years, hot and powerful, only used them as I couldn`t get the hot water to work on my MH.
Went there by boat once, somehow managed to leave dogs behind. We did go back when we spotted them running along the bank :Doh:

Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Stayed in a holiday cottage there right by the water, I loved it but OHs parents used to run a cafe in Gt Yarmouth and dislikes the area but I'd love to go back. :thumb::Smile:

Jan 16, 2014
Harleston, Harleston, Norfolk, UK
Funster No
MH
C Class, Autotrail Scout
Exp
Oct, 2013

Do you think this site would be good for a rally? :Smile:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
Maybe of no use to you now but for future reference maybe , Reedham Ferry caravan site, there is a lovely pub on the site that does own the caravan site, EHU, lovely very powerful hot showers, didn`t use mine in the MH as I couldn`t get the hot water to work, have now, usual motorhome water, emptying etc

there are fishing lakes, lots of wildlife, saw a Heron catching fish only a few feet away from where I was, I took a photo of it, usually they fly off, lovely and quiet, lovely food in the pub, last Tuesday my friend and I took in 3 dogs and had a meal, dogs are very welcome there, even when dining, highly recommended, I can`t wait to go back there again, we did have gorgeous weather.

Can sit outside and watch the boats go by, or moore up, there is also the ferry which I did take the MH on, quite an experience

So sorry for duplicate post, didn`t think the first one had gone through, so please ignore.

Last edited:
Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
Although slightly off thread, I would avoid Sandringham CC & C&CC sites as there has been a nasty virus in the last year that has proven fatal to dogs :Sad:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
Although slightly off thread, I would avoid Sandringham CC & C&CC sites as there has been a nasty virus in the last year that has proven fatal to dogs :Sad:

If you researched this, you would find that this virus is in all woodland in the uk, not just at Sandringham. the virus is only dangerous to dogs in the autumn. I will repeat, any woodland in the uk, may make your dog ill, if walked there in the autumn time.

You will also find that this virus has been around for about 6 years.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
If you researched this, you would find that this virus is in all woodland in the uk, not just at Sandringham. the virus is only dangerous to dogs in the autumn. I will repeat, any woodland in the uk, may make your dog ill, if walked there in the autumn time.

You will also find that this virus has been around for about 6 years.

I did not research this as I live in Norfolk and learned of the dangers as this has been reported on the local BBC and press hence my reference specifically to Sandringham.
I was not aware of the problem being elsewhere and the OP was specifically enquiring about Norfolk anyway.
I will try and make a point of Googling the info of every future post that I make :Doh:

ehuplad

Free Member
Feb 9, 2009
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hobby 600
Exp
From the BBC website

Six dogs that had been walked on the Queen's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk died from a mystery illness, new research has found.

The Newmarket-based Animal Health Trust was asked by the Sandringham Estate to investigate the cases.

The trust asked for help from members of the public and found 54 cases of what is being called Seasonal Canine Illness.

Thirty seven of the cases were from the Sandringham Estate.

The illness is not believed to have affected the Queen's corgi dogs.

The trust said that no conclusive answers have been found for the mysterious disease that begins with vomiting, diarrhoea and a high fever.

Investigating illness
The trust asked dog walkers at Sandringham, Thetford Forest in Norfolk, Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire, to complete questionnaires.

They received 380 returned forms.

With this information about dogs, both ill and healthy, the organisation hopes to help pinpoint the cause of the illness.

"If we are not in a position to find the cause by next autumn, we hope to be in a better position to look out for it if it recurs," said a spokeswoman for the trust.

The illness is thought to have killed eight dogs who had been walked in Sherwood Forest in 2009.

A vet in King's Lynn, near Sandringham, also reported two deaths from the condition in 2009.

The above are all test research areas,

My point was that you told the OP not to go to Sandringham, because of the above, It was just the headline that you had quoted, no facts about it only occurring in the Autumn and in all woodland in Norfolk and the rest of the uk.

Feb 22, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Nearly Tugging
Exp
Since 2004
From the BBC website

Six dogs that had been walked on the Queen's Sandringham Estate in Norfolk died from a mystery illness, new research has found.

The Newmarket-based Animal Health Trust was asked by the Sandringham Estate to investigate the cases.

The trust asked for help from members of the public and found 54 cases of what is being called Seasonal Canine Illness.

Thirty seven of the cases were from the Sandringham Estate.

The illness is not believed to have affected the Queen's corgi dogs.

The trust said that no conclusive answers have been found for the mysterious disease that begins with vomiting, diarrhoea and a high fever.

Investigating illness
The trust asked dog walkers at Sandringham, Thetford Forest in Norfolk, Sherwood Forest and Clumber Park in Nottinghamshire, to complete questionnaires.

They received 380 returned forms.

With this information about dogs, both ill and healthy, the organisation hopes to help pinpoint the cause of the illness.

"If we are not in a position to find the cause by next autumn, we hope to be in a better position to look out for it if it recurs," said a spokeswoman for the trust.

The illness is thought to have killed eight dogs who had been walked in Sherwood Forest in 2009.

A vet in King's Lynn, near Sandringham, also reported two deaths from the condition in 2009.

The above are all test research areas,

My point was that you told the OP not to go to Sandringham, because of the above, It was just the headline that you had quoted, no facts about it only occurring in the Autumn and in all woodland in Norfolk and the rest of the uk.

I have pasted copy of my post which advises him that I would avoid , no instruction, if he had intended to visit Sandringham he could then research himself and assess the risk. The information in my post was not incorrect and was given in the spirit of this forum to warn if aware of a possible problem to a fellow dog owner and funster .

I only quoted the headline as that was all I was aware of .
All I did was bring it to his attention and state that "I would avoid "

"[HI]Although slightly off thread, I would avoid Sandringham CC & C&CC sites as there has been a nasty virus in the last year that has proven fatal to dogs "
[/HI]
As a member of this forum I advised of a potential risk to a fellow funster based on the information I had at the time .
In view of your negative response , perhaps I shouldn't have.

BTW I did not see your warning to him as you appear to be far better informed than I :Eeek:

Last edited:

daisy mae

Free Member
Mar 12, 2013
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
C class Coachbuilt
Exp
I`m a newbie, now 1 year
I phoned Sandringham C&CC site two weeks ago as I was going touring in Norfolk last week, they advised me to keep my dog on a lead and not let her rummage in the undergrowth, one theory is harvest mites, I have been protecting my dogs for years against this problem by washing their paws in Hibiscrub every time they come back from a walk, the lady at Sandringham said they are recommending that to their campers.

I didn`t go to that site this time.

sorry if this is off topic, thought it might be relevant.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back