Dog Fouling

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Malden, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Malden

Malden Read Only Funster

Hi Just been to the Lincoln Motorhome Show with the Funsters last weekend. Had a great weekend at the show but it was a shame about the dog fouling. Several people took their dogs for a walk at the top field where we were pitched and did not attempt to clean up after their dogs. There were a lot of responsible people who did clean up. It doesn't leave a good impression for anyone else wanting to use the field after us.

• Like Like x 8
  2. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

a disgrace to be honest. Dont go to France then..unless you like playing hop scotch:censored:

• Like Like x 2
  3. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

There were also some dog owners who used long leads (or none at all) when it was explicitly stated that short leads were required to be used. Also, in the exhibition area, several dogs not under proper control - lunging at other dogs and one even trying to eat stuff off a pet supplies stall whilst the owners simpered the likes of "don't do that".

Unfortunately that is what we have to expect of some dog owners wherever we are.

• Like Like x 4
  4. HymerB544

HymerB544 Funster

I hate to say this about our adopted county, but in some places the people with dogs in Cornwall do not clean up. We noticed this particularly on the path from the Lizard village down to the lighthouse and walking the other way out of the village to Kynance Cove. In all other respects we love Cornwall more than home in Yorkshire, and that is saying something, but Yorkshire definitely has the edge in considerate dog owners. I agree with the judge above though. We have just come back from a tour of Brittany and on one site near Camaret, one pair of young female motorhomers who had two dogs in their van let them roam and do their business all over the site.

• Like Like x 3
  5. Taff015

Taff015 Read Only Funster

There are good dog owners and bad dog owners. I have also noticed a correlation with how they bring up their kids too!!!

Now my dog wont "go" when he is on the lead but will only do his business at edges of hedges etc etc. We always tidy up after him because he puts out some massive deposits!!!!

• Like Like x 4
  6. Charlie

Charlie Funster

We found just the opposite.... Saw only one Henry on the footpath and VERY little litter.

The UK looks like on great big litter bin these days. What inspires clowns to throw crap on the floor I will never understand !

7. Robert Clark

Robert Clark Funster Life Member

It's not a 'dog' thing, it's a 'people' thing.
    People are either considerate of others, or they are not.
    It's no different from playing your music too loud or dumping your grey waste all over the road.
    No use trying to reason with them because they can't see any wrong in their actions.
    Simply get on with life and try not to get too upset about it - they're not worth the hassle

• Like Like x 10
  8. DanielFord

DanielFord Funster

I have noticed that also!

We always clear up after our dogs, well except for once, when our Lab took a dump on a cow pat, and frankly I was not going to forensically dissect the result! :D

• Like Like x 6
  9. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

No sense of adventure that man :LOL:;)

• Like Like x 3
  10. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

A dog mess thread again, we all know owners should pick up but asking them to do so is not considered a "fun" thing to do, I'm guessing we should pick up after their dogs for them. It is an emotive subject that gets me into trouble so will not be replying again on this thread.

• Like Like x 6
  11. Griffs

Griffs Funster

One of the biggest problems is a lot of people pick their dog muck up put it in a bag and then leave it on the floor or hang it on the fence etc , the fishing dog leads are are a b****y nuisance and should be banned.

We have a g.s.d and clean up every time and dispose of in the proper way.

Take a walk out of Stratford race course the walk way to town the bags are there in various places, I think it is like that in a lot of places in the UK.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Chris

Chris Funster Life Member

I know a lot of very decent dog owners who always clean up after their dog and are extremely sensitive to any suggestion that they don't.

These same people let their dogs off their leads to go running 1/2 a mile away in woods etc.

How can they possibly know their dogs have crapped, let alone where?

• Like Like x 4
  13. GAVLAD

GAVLAD Funster

You're right - we live in an area with a country lane - we have someone who drives her car with the dog on a lead out of the window, walking it, how does she scoop the poop? She doesn't.
    Then we have the professional dog walkers in vans all liveried up, they collect your dog and take it fir a walk. Yet they don't. They collect your dog, stick it in the back of the van, drive to the country lane, open the door, let the dog crap and then drive off.
    Then there's the weekend walking warriors who bag it and hang it on a tree. When you collar them (get it? Collar!) they say they're on a walk and will collect it off the tree on their return leg. But never do.
    Council sign says £75 fine for not clearing up.
    Do you know how difficult it is for the council to prosecute?
    They need film footage and rock solid evidence - unfortunately they won't accept the soft steaming hard evidence as their rock solid evidence.
    If I went and crapped on their front lawn they'd be pissed off so why do we have to tolerate their pets crap?
    As you'll notice, this topic boils my piss!

• Like Like x 4
  14. bubble63

bubble63 Funster

Exactly the same thing last year
    kids couldn't play in the top field directly behind us because of the dog mess, and yes, the owner I challenged was parked in the 'fun' area
    I know he is the exception but......
    his reason , didn't see the dog do it, despite been on a long leado_O
    oops

• Like Like x 2
  15. Spud

Spud Funster

Another crap thread!
    Spud

• Like Like x 1
  16. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Its really annoying, that dog owners don't pick up their dogs mess, but saying that when we were in Venice recently the place stank of urine, apparently an we seen it with our own eyes men urinating in the side streets in Venice (African street traders) - when there's toilets right nearby, when we went a stroll into the town of Iseo from camping Iseo as soon as we got through the barrier onto the road dog crap all along the road, that looked like some poor sod had already stepped in it - friggin disgusting !

17. Jabberwocky

Jabberwocky Funster

I'm a semi rebellious dog owner, I will always pick up after my dog in a public place, footpath, playing fields( although I won't take my dog onto playing fields until after he has done his business elsewhere) etc.

However if I'm out in the sticks and he goes off into the bushes or hedge row, then no I don't go delving around looking for it, the countryside if full of animal waste from cows, horses to foxes, deer and badger, nobody picks this up so I'm not going to pick up a bit of dog poo, if I'm on a foot path or suchlike then I will pick up.

Part of me does think why should I pick up after my dog when it's considered ok for other people's cats to shit wherever they like( usually other people gardens) with impunity, and apparently it ok for horses to shit all over the road with out anyone batting an eyelid.

• Like Like x 10
  18. toledo

toledo Funster Life Member

we were marshalls at Lincoln and one morning shouted at two people walking their dogs to the top field to put them on a lead but they too no notice this couple were exhibitors nothing to do with funsters. they also came everyday although there was other places they could go.

• Like Like x 3
  19. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

Chris 1 would place myself in this. picking Up after your dog in public places yes. IN woods andfields If It IS Out of the way It IS far better left to nature. My local woods Delamere forrest has a Stick and Flick policy In place . The damage done to the Enviro ment is far worse by using bags . This Is Me BTW Who IS renowned for challenging people on the street who I see not picking up.

• Like Like x 6
  20. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

It's the standard for cats and horses that is in error, not that for dogs :)