LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
I have no problem with what people do with there dogs and cats in there own home. Its there home and furniture to do as they please with.
What I do have a problem with is the ones that take there animals into public places ie, pubs and eating houses and think its OK to put there little lapdog on the chair next to them. It makes my blood boil watching the dear little things scratching and preening themselves on the same chair that I may have to sit on next.
I think some dog owners have no idea of the habits of dogs, but if they saw me urinating in grass and then kicking it about then come and stand on there furniture afterwards maybe they would understand why I used to tip any dogs that got on the pub furniture off with no ceremony whatsoever.

Loujess

Free Member
Jan 10, 2010
Leeds UK
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
Ah, but might you go to the loo in a pub, not wash your hands, then come back and pick up some peanuts? Much the same I'd say. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Fine Dave, no offence intended, but a lot of men do. ::bigsmile:

Ivy
Reminds me of an old joke of a Frenchman and a Belgian standing in the loo. The Frenchman finished first and went to walk out without washing his hands. The Belgian said "Are you not going to wash your hands". The Frenchman said "We French don't p**s on our fingers".:winky:

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year
Our little dog sleeps on our bed. You already have your strongly held view so whatever anyone else thinks/does you will not change it.

It seems a pointless question as I cannot see that where our dog sleeps is of any interest to anyone but us, the possible answers to the question are never going to be informative or entertaining. Why, if you hold the view you do, do you ask what others think.

Some like their dog on the bed, others don't. Each should please themselves and allow others to do as they please without inferring that their preference, whatever it might be, is the correct one.

Someones tired:roflmto:

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
No , they are not allowed on the sofas too. Our dogs are dogs .
If we didnt have any children we may feel different .
[HI]As for cats , i wouldn't give one house space let alone bed space. [/HI]:Smile:

Dogs apparently have a master, but cats being the more intelligent beast definitely have staff!

In answer to the OP, neither have a place in the bedroom.

Dont go apeshit, the OP asked what we thought.

Last edited:

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
Dogs apparently have a master, but cats being the more intelligent beast definitely have staff!

In answer to the OP, neither have a place in the bedroom.

Dont go apeshit, the OP asked what we thought.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
ONLY A FULL ENGLISH AND A CUP OF TEA ALLOWED IN MY BED IN THE MORNINGS. THEN CHRIS JUMPS IN AND MORNINGS ARE COMPLEAT.NO ANIMALS ALLOWED.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
At home our dogs have their own bedroom and single bed ... easier than having 3 dog beds kicking around and we can shut the door when visitors come and hide all the dog toys!:roflmto:

In a morning they usually come into our bedroom and have a play fight on the bed whilst we try to drink our tea without spilling it.:Doh: If they get the chance they get under the top duvet (we have 2 as I'm a coldie) and have a snooze ... it gets a bit tight for space on the bed but so what. When we got Tazzy our latest dog she had us in stitches as she saw herself off in the mirror wardrobes opposite our bed.:ROFLMAO:

In the motorhome the 2 older ones have their own dog beds/cushions - one on the dinette seat, and another under the table. However as Tazzy was quite young when we went away she slept at the very end of our over-garage bed on a cushion. As she usually woke up at 4.00 am and wanted to go out she would jump on us and lick us silly until we let her out ... better than getting up to puddles or worse!!!:whatthe: In a morning they usually woke up early so came up onto the bed for a snooze until we got up after our morning cuppa.::bigsmile:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Fine Dave, no offence intended, but a lot of men do. ::bigsmile:

Ivy

So you spend a lot of time watching men pee and eat peanuts ?

No wonder Sandy looks a bit bothered at times.

I'll keep my eye on you next meet.

Touchwood

Free Member
Aug 23, 2011
NE England
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 140
Exp
5 years and learning
Our two dogs are "companion" dogs, bred that way and never happier than when with us, in as close a proximity as possible - and that's exactly what we want and expect from them. They don't accompany us to bed on a night - they sleep downstairs in the study, with free access to the garden via their dog-door, but they are allowed on the bed when we're having a lie-in with the Sunday papers. They are also allowed on the furniture with us on an evening.

If we had a different breed of dog it may be that we'd take a different view - some breeds need more reinforcement of who is in charge, and restricting access to "our" space is one means of achieving that.

I don't think the OP was claiming that dogs on beds is a bad thing for everyone - just his personal take on it which he is fully entitled to.

wanda

Free Member
Jul 24, 2012
sheffield
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
We have 2 rescue dogs, one a champagne (colour, not drinking, lol) alsation, and the other an akita. If they were allowed on the bed, there would be no room for me!! But be fun to see them try getting up here, even though its a drop down bed. Both are in moult at the moment, and I dont fancy a hairy furry duvet, thanks!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back