Does washing it make it more likely to pass MOT?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by browne4573, Jul 27, 2012.

1. browne4573

browne4573 Read Only Funster

I bought my 1986 Mitsubishi L300 Pioneer motorhome from ebay, sight unseen about a year ago. MOT expires 4th August and I wasn't hopeful.

So before I took it in this morning I gave it a bloomin good clean (first time in a year!) and emptied all the detritus out of the cab, polished the dash and pumped up the tyres.

I felt like my child had gone into hospital waiting to hear the outcome and they have just rung to say my vehicle is ready to collect, bill is £55.

No failures, no work needed, not sure if any advisories yet as I haven't picked it up.

I am so excited, feels like getting a new one! So pleased that I have booked it in for a cam belt, I was putting it off in case the van was scrap.

Attached Files:

• tn.jpg
      tn.jpg
      File size:
      20.2 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
  2. TheBig1

TheBig1 Funster Life Member

although the cleanliness of a vehicle put in for an mot should not make a difference other than with lights and number plates etc, I have always made sure my vehicle is clean before taking it in. Psychologically a clean vehicle says somebody takes good care of it so the tester feels more comfortable passing it and is less inclined to search for a fail

3. browne4573

browne4573 Read Only Funster

That was exactly my thought, if he feels like I have maintained it well then he'll be looking for a pass rather than looking for a fail to keep it off the road.