Does this and other reports put you off Germany

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by iandsm, Feb 2, 2016.

1. iandsm

iandsm Funster

Another disturbing report today, i wonder if people are put off going to Germany because of these instances.
    It certainly makes me wonder whether staying away from cities and large town is a good idea.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Munchie

Munchie Funster Life Member

Err???

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. icantremember

icantremember Funster

Report! ... What report?

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. iandsm

iandsm Funster

5. Judge Mental

Judge Mental Funster Deceased RIP

Oh My...I could never imagine that happening in London!:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 6
  6. Granjan

Granjan Funster

I do like the buzz and excitement of cities, but .... (and in some peoples eyes I will be wrong) these things do put me off, I like to feel unstressed and safe, excitement yes but fear no, I can find plenty of enjoyable things to do without all that. Very lucky not to have to be in these places on a daily basis.

• Like Like x 3
  7. funflair

funflair Funster Life Member

In a word NO not till I'm a pensioner anyway.

Martin

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. magicsurfbus

magicsurfbus Funster

Off to Munich in spring for the weekend of a big local festival. Was there last year at the same time so it'll be very interesting to compare notes in the light of the migration crisis. Not at this stage put off the idea of going - big cities will always be big cities.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  9. Tootles

Tootles Funster

I will never travel to Germany again, (well, not in this life anyway), but the two years I spent there as a young soldier I really enjoyed......Once I got into the mind set of the place.
    Fantastic country, and just like everywhere else today, you make sensible decisions about just where your going, staying, and driving through. (y)

• Like Like x 4
  10. parknride

parknride Funster

I'm very nervous in cities to start with and generally avoid them. I love Germany and would still go, just keep to the smaller villages and towns. There's many places in UK I would avoid being.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Gizmouk

Gizmouk Funster

If it's in the Daily Fail, just ignore it.

• Like Like x 5
  12. Lenny HB

Lenny HB Funster

Could happen anywhere in Europe or any country for that matter, as Germany with the current migrant problems the press home in on it & blow it up out of proportion.

Germany is a great country and probably the second best place to tour in a Motorhome after France.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Definitely not we love the buzz of a big city especially the old town parts. Listen to trashy Red Tops you'd never leave your own home.
    Paranoia Rules :eek:

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kool Kroozer

Kool Kroozer Funster

Things like this have been going on in this country for a while now, its just never reported by the likes of the BBC, all they seem to want to put across is how the poor immigrants are losing sleep as they have nowhere to go ! check out video footage on the net - its scary and makes you wonder how and why its carrying on and no one seems to be doing nothing to prevent it.. Bring in the Army and clear them out of our towns an cities - do the same all across europe and get rid of them before they spread their diseased minds on to others !

• Like Like x 2
  15. Snowbird

Snowbird Funster Life Member

We were in Munich last June as Pats son lives and works there. We were on the metro several times and at least half of those times there were armed police and military on stations randomly stopping and checking passengers. Maybe the security were having a day off when this happened.

• Like Like x 2
  16. chaser

chaser Funster

There has been quite a few migrant related things over the weekend that havnt had a lot of coverage, Dover for a start, what gets me when the Germans were camped on the very same beachs that these migrants are we were shooting them and getting our own lads killed to stop them coming here, now we are welcome ing far worse people here, the old soldiers must be turning in their graves.

• Like Like x 5
  17. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

I must confess to knocking Sicily on the head this winter after the pictures on TV. I just could not be bothered to risk campsites/sostas being overrun by so called migrants many of whom are just heading for the EU for what they can get out of it.

Silly, probably.

Love Germany but the quieter countryside rather than big cities.

The only place we have suffered was the Rome underground, just young opportunistic pick pockets who got nothing, except one pretty young girl got very close to my willy in an empty pocket.

• Like Like x 2
  18. mickyc

mickyc Read Only Funster

We'll be visiting Munich in September for the Oktoberfest (daughter and son are flying out to meet us) so in answer to the Op - no I never consult the Fail for travel advice.

19. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Won't put us off visiting Germany, we don't 'do' cities anyway so it's not a concern.. it's a big country and we still have lots to see without visiting the cities.

• Like Like x 1
  20. buttons

buttons Funster

You can lock yourself behind closed doors with your copy of the Daily Mail delivered by your rural paper boy, or you can carry on as normal. I think a glance at the statistics would help your decision. I walk about city streets most days yet very rarely come across anything like this. I wouldn't stroll through some areas of Chicago but that is just a tiny part of that city, the rest is great. (y)