Does such a thing exist? (1 Viewer)

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Hi all,

Having felt how cool the wardrobe gets, I wondered if there was a 12 volt heater that could be permanently installed to produce a constant supply of GENTLE heat. Having had a quick trawl, I couldn't see anything, but I wondered if any FUNsters had come across something, or, had implemented an ingenious solution themselves?

Papa

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Sorry Pappa I had a vision of you putting on your little blue suits and little red cap all warm and cosy every morning - sorry thats being very silly of me::bigsmile::roflmto:

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
If you you can't find a 12V heater, you could use an inverter and run a 240V heater. Either way, you'd better have a lot of battery capacity.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
BLACKFIRE HEATER / COOLER NOV-32210
CODE: NOV-32210

Price: £11.38

(inc VAT) Price: £0.00

Doesnt download pic sorry.

Link Removed

Don

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
If you have blown air heating what about adding a bit of the pipe into the wardrobe

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Smurfs clothes are way to cool:roflmto:

Just be brave, a cold vest is only cold for a few seconds. You're blue anyway::bigsmile:

dencol

Free Member
Nov 20, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper
I picked up my first motor home (a panel van conversion) late last year so have only used it in the cold and rain so far. First time out one of the rattles was the wardrobe door as the catch was slightly loose. Temporary fix was to tape a piece of folded paper to the door. (more interested in opening a bottle of wine than getting the screwdriver out) This leaves a very slight gap between the door and the frame, but the catch still holds the door closed when travelling, don’t notice it unless you know it is there. Never had cold clothes perhaps the gap allows the warm air in?
Was going to fix it ’at some point’ may now just leave it and tell everyone it is a patent wardrobe warmer :Smile:

Colin

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Have you thought about parking the van in in a warmer place???? Maroc is good at this time of the year::bigsmile:::bigsmile:
Nigel
PS I get the feeling that some FUNsters are not takeing this problem seriously.

artona

Free Member
Jul 31, 2007
Funster No
MH
self build
Exp
40 yrs and still not got a release date
Hi

PS I get the feeling that some FUNsters are not takeing this problem seriously

possibly because everyone knows that clothes are not a smurf's problem :ROFLMAO:

banner_smurfs.jpg

But if anyone can think of a workable solution it would be interesting to hear

stew

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
:ROFLMAO: I agree with the above :thumb: if you have blown air tap into & extend a pipe into the wardrobe or again an easy option ,take your vest etc out and hang them on the w/d door ready for the morning :ROFLMAO:serious enough :thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
terry

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
On a serious note, we feel that if you were to get your clothes out the night before and place them safely in bed with you, then they would be warm for when you wake up on that cold chilly morning. Problem solved.:ROFLMAO::thumb:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
How about a Blown Air Propane space heater Brian.

Should take all of around 10 seconds to "air" them.:RollEyes:Link Removed

The blown air suggestion seems a good one.Just tap off the existing air Hoses.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Papa Smurf

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
Right!

Perhaps I should have said the wardrobe is as cold as the rest of the van, I use waaaayyy too much LPG on using the furnace for blown air heating, I don't need creases in my jeans, so won't be putting them under the bed to wear the next morning, even Smurfs need warm tights and hats, I will show Steve what to do with a Blown Air Space Heater (can someone bring a gas bottle to the next meet please? - oh, and someone point Steve out to me please as he didn't say hello at Newbury).

SOB!:cry:

So, I'm guessing that the general concensus is a "no " then? ( I too found the warm air blower, but the thought of it running 24/7 ... Anyone want to run a book on how long it would last? ):ROFLMAO:

I think I'll rig up a magnifying glass and focus it on rocks all day that I can put in the wardrobe overnight... Eco-friendly, endless supply of rocks, just have to convince June that the shingle in her drawers is necessary...:Eeek:

On a more serious note, keep the ideas coming - maybe there's a need in the marketplace for an invention here!!!:thumb:

Papa

T

totalynutz

Deleted User
ever thought of useing a smple light bulb as a heater for that space smurf
and would work either with 12volts or 240volts with perhaps a dimer switch
to control just how much heat you want

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!