Does Spain have municipal sites? (1 Viewer)

Geegee

Free Member
Sep 26, 2012
Fife
Funster No
MH
Citroen Relay self build
Exp
Hi Funsters, Currently in Spain finishing my house sit and beginning to slowly heading north soon. I was wondering if there any municipal sites in Spain like the French ones, administered by the Marie or council (and cheaper than private sites) If so does anyone know an online listing?

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
No I don't think there is a Spanish equvilent to excellent French municipal system. Just use camper contact app

Reactions: f6c

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
There are a few, but AFAIK, no on-line listing .. as said Campercontact is your best bet ..

Googling " spain municipal sites " throws up a few

My be useful, On-line list of Spain motorhome service areas Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geejay

Free Member
Dec 25, 2011
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
There are a number which are owned by the "local government" but leased out to private individuals who run them. You probably wouldn't know it unless you asked, as I have found out a couple of times. The cheapest option, other than Aires, is ACSI sites.

Eeyore

Free Member
Oct 28, 2010
Funster No
Thinking about the municipal in Zaragoza...not cheaper !

The French and Italian municipals were originally built to house the itinerant workmen and their families that did all the road mending and so on round a municipality. There are still some in Spain and, like the Zaragoza one, they are still used for their original purpose.

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
There are plenty of free Aires in Spain, offering basic facilities, dump and water. Some in great settings
Details on Campercontact

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 18, 2011
derbys
Funster No
MH
AUTOSLEEPER SYMBOL
Exp
since 2007.Tugger before since 1970
Thinking about the municipal in Zaragoza...not cheaper !

The French and Italian municipals were originally built to house the itinerant workmen and their families that did all the road mending and so on round a municipality. There are still some in Spain and, like the Zaragoza one, they are still used for their original purpose.

Expensive for what it is. BUSBY.

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
The ACSI site in Burgos is a municipal site as far as I remember but its not particularly cheap. (y)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back