Does Jim exist?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by G4OGE, Jun 8, 2013.

1. G4OGE

G4OGE

Does Jim exist I ask, I have tried 3 different ways to contact him regarding my order for the motor home buyers guide which I have not received, I don't know why, I have purchased a set of bongo drums from e bay and now in the process of learning the jungle code so I can sit on the motorway bridge and pound out my message in case he drives underneath!.:cry::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

French.

Cher Jim, je peux avoir mon livre d'acheter un camping-car s'il vous plaît,:BigGrin:
    g4oge

German

Lieber Jim, kann ich mein Buch Kauf eines Wohnmobils bitte:BigGrin:

Dutch

Beste Jim, kan ik mijn boek kopen van een camper( kunt *)u, *(not my spelling):BigGrin:

Spanish.

Querido Jim, puedo tener mi libro de comprar una casa rodante por favor:BigGrin:

Hear it is in morse code

_ . . . . _ . _ . . _ _ _ . . _ _ _ . _ . . _ _ . . . . . . . . _ . . . _ . _ _ _ . _ _ _ . . . _ _ _ _ _ _ _ . _ . _ _ . . _ . . . . _ . . . . _ _ . . . . . _ _ _ _ _ _ . . . _ _ . _ . . . . . . . _ . _ . _ . _ _ _ _ _

EXPLANATION:

d=_ . .
    e=.
    a=. _
    r=. _ .

j=. _ _ _
    i=. .
    m=_ _
    ,=(None)
    c=_ . _ .
    a=. _
    n=_ .

i=. .

h=. . . .
    a=. _
    v=. . . _
    e=.

m=_ _
    y=_ . _ _

b=_ . . .
    o=_ _ _
    o=_ _ _
    k=_ . _

p=. _ _ .
    l=. _ . .
    e=.
    a=. _
    s=. . .
    e=.
    .=(None)

g=_ _ .
    4=. . . . _
    o=_ _ _
    g=_ _ .
    e=.

• Like Like x 12
  2. Travelbug1

Travelbug1 Read Only Funster

He definately does exist, I have met him and his lovely wife at show, have you considered that he may possibly be busy running Motorhomefun amongst other things and that you need to be patient?
    By the way, sarcasm is the lowest form of wit so don't expect a lot of answers to your post as members are loyal to Jim as you will find out.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ourcampersbeentrashed

ourcampersbeentrashed Funster

Jim may well be at the bring and buy meet and might not have internet access.

I am sure he will reply to you

4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

did you order a hard copy to be sent by post or did you buy the online version ?

If it was the online version have you checked your email SPAM folder ?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
  5. Johns_Cross_Motorhomes

Johns_Cross_Motorhomes Trader - Motorhome & Accessory Sales

How did you order it, download or physical book

Ebook Just £7.99
    Physical Copy Delivered £10.99
    This is the definitive guide to buying a motorhome, with over 20,000 words, and over 60 photos and diagrams spread over 80+ pages.

This is an eBook that is delivered to you immediately upon payment. It can be read on your computer or printed for later reading in just a few minutes time.

6. Momo

Momo Funster

I don't see anything sarcastic in OP, infact I thought it was very funny! :Laughing:

• Like Like x 6
  7. Wildman

Wildman Read Only Funster

are you suggesting he is a figment of his own imagination
    I think therefore I am:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

8. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

I too missed the sarcasm, probably because I'm quite sure there was none to be found.
    In fact I thought it was a good FUN post, asking a question in a witty way in a good spirit....:thumb::thumb:

I'm sure Jim will catch up with you sooner rather than later.....

:BigGrin:

ps G4OGE. Don't forget you need to put gaps between your Morse letters.......:Wink::Wink:

Last edited: Jun 8, 2013
    • Like Like x 5
  9. Travelbug1

Travelbug1 Read Only Funster

Oh well excuse me then.:Blush:
    I'll leave Jim to answer in future........

• Like Like x 1
  10. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

TB1, sorry no offence was intended.:Blush:
    I just thought it was quite a witty post, and not at all sarcastic......

It's always the problem with written words on the net, it can mean all things to all men, without the "human" intonation and expression....:Sad:

Hence the dreaded smilies can sometimes help...:thumb:

:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 4
  11. Daveo2006

Daveo2006 Read Only Funster

Dont chicken curry.:Rofl1::Rofl1:

12. Gromett

Gromett Funster

Don't worry, I frequently send Jim messages via many methods (a few more than you list) and sometimes it can take a bit longer to get a response than you would think. I am sure he will get back to one of your messages in the near future :Wink:

If he is at the bring and buy he may have run out of doggy bags which will prevent his internet from working :Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:.

Otherwise he may be drinking warm beer or being pestered by 100's of funsters in the flesh or even god forbid been Champered. He may not have had chance to wrestle his motorhome damaged iPad from his wonderful daughter or his beautiful wife may be plying him with some fantastic home cooking.

You just never know with Jim.....

I am sure however that some helpful funster will take pity on you and report your post as being offensive or spammy and it will rise to the top of the pile on Jim's massively huge complaints box.:Doh:

Just remember that Jim loves motorhoming as much as you (and the rest of us do) so he can be out of contact for an extended weekend or even a week at a time when the location he is at has an internet hiccough :thumb:

When did you order your book, and why are you ordering the dead tree version when you can have the ebook version straight away?:Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 2
  13. 1Oll

1Oll Read Only Funster

He's here. I've actually seen and heard him.

Confirmation!
    He's here. I've actually seen and heard him. Really....!
    He's in good voice. Well ....reasonable!
    I'm sure he must have been a choirboy or rugby club member judging by his solo this evening.

We are in very poor Internet area in Wrenbury.
    Sit tight and be patient

B.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Jim

Jim Ringleader

Hi, I've walked a mile from the Bring and Buy campsite trying to get a single bar up on my three dongle, i've just found this weak Internet signal and I'm staying connected as long as I don't move my head. . I should be back at my office this evening, I will contact you then:BigGrin:

• Like Like x 2
  15. G4OGE

G4OGE

Sorry Gent's and ladies, I don't wish to cause any friction and it was intended to be funny and hoped to catch the gaze of Jim, I did send a private message which you would not have seen in which I said "I know you may be busy but can you sort it for me " or words to that effect I have checked my spam (I wonder what that means). I thought I had ordered a hard copy but not sure any more!.
    In comparison I ordered some books from Viarious books and all arrived within a couple of days.

I was just about to post this when I checked this post. (all in a good natured way)

Well my last post has failed to connect, I've bonged my bongo, parleyed my voo, acted my tongue, grassers my a**e dotted my dash all to no avail.

So has anyone got a copy of a buyers guide to buying a motor home they would like to sell?.

I have a cabinet made to put it into just like the display one's they have where they turn a page a day so people can view and absorb the words written therein.:BigGrin::BigGrin:

• Like Like x 3
  16. G4OGE

G4OGE

Thanks Jim, I hope you take my post's in the good humoured way they were intended, as a matter of interest was it the bongo's or the morse that reached you in the end?:BigGrin::Rofl1::Rofl1:Albert

• Like Like x 6
  17. Hayleylulu

Hayleylulu

Just post one of my jokes he will soon be on to you:Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1::Rofl1:

• Like Like x 11