Does anyone know the company who sells those net things? (1 Viewer)

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi,

We want to buy some of those awning nets which cut down on wind and sun. The trouble is we dont know what they are called or who makes them. Could anyone help please?

We also wondered if the tension rafters could be bought separately or were included in the sale of the awning nets.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ginny and Mike

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We've got some. This is the firm we got them from:
http://www.mysunshade.co.uk/index.html
If you buy them at a show they give you the poles but if you buy online they advise you to buy ordinary washing line poles. We did that and they worked fine.
To be honest, we haven't had exactly the right weather conditions to use them very often but here's hoping this summer.
Mags

Gonewiththewind

Free Member
Sep 13, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
Exp
July 2007
I think they are called sun blockers. Always at the shows, so get yourself booked in with the fun group.:thumb:

Don

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
http://mysunshade.co.uk/

the curtain poles are nothing more than a telescopic cloths prop, available from wilkinsons, with walking stick rubber 'furells' on the ends and a wire hook to hold the upper end of the net in place.....they tell you this when you buy the nets.

they WILL NOT supply the poles other than at shows (where they are included in the price)...too long for regular post.

Oooopps ! sorry mags, should have read all the post.

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
We used ours all last season..Absolutely brilliant !
Woman wanted them and to be honest I reckoned they were just a gimick, but they actually work very well indeed :thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
We have had them for a couple of seasons now

Yes they do work... We had to re stitch the elastic loops back on a few times... But the one we use on the RV A&E awning has the larger edge fitting (have to ask for the bigger one for the slide in to the awning rail for a yank) ...

We then got the end one... We modified the fitting of it to the RV.. But I know Brian (administrator) has worked out his own quick fit way of putting it up... We again have our own way as well. We attach it to our A&E arm ... Only on a Yank.... We do this with the little bungies with the plastic ball attached... Need a step ladder to reach the area ..I.e. The van side..

We have got the poles from a local hardware store for £4.95 each... Only just purchased two for another project... Related to the sun blocker... Using it as an extra awning when on the large pitch in France.. They are used for fold down support polls to hold the corners with some guy ropes. Plus we have used them cut down to stop cargo move in one of our storage cupboards on the RV.. Cheap and work well.

They will make them to size if you want.. But we found a standard size works for us.

Bob:thumb:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
For a normal Eurovan 3.5m awning - how much room would a front and 2 sides take up when packed away? And how small do the poles go down? (I don't have any experience of a telescopic line-prop!)

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Half a carrier bag full of fabric
and each pole about a broom handle long slightly thinner

See thats lady speak:thumb::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Errrr how big is a carrier bag? (this is a bit like me dad's old chestnut ie HowHi is a Chinaman? LOL)

No - that was very helpful, thank you. We prolly have about enough spare room for half a carrier bag of material, esp now Pete has his Kindle and I am about to get one. It's his birthday soon, never know what to get him so think I'll treat meself for that ...... :ROFLMAO:

I could always have the thingy for my birthday in a couple of months!

tick59

Free Member
Dec 25, 2007
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
"Since 2005"
For a normal Eurovan 3.5m awning - how much room would a front and 2 sides take up when packed away? And how small do the poles go down? (I don't have any experience of a telescopic line-prop!)

Hi Jenny, we store ours in a little slipper bag, and the poles are stored just inside the hab door, extended and fixed floor to ceiling, take up no room at all

FirstJood

Free Member
Aug 7, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
more than 5 years
Hi,

I got mine from Lillypad Leisure, the link to their page is below. Having bought them at the NEC show, and got the poles 'for free' I've used them in the UK and France. Within a few weeks of buying them my 'ham-fisted old man' overtightened the plastic screw and broke it, Lillypad sent me a couple of replacement ones free of charge (complete units NOT just the screws).
I also changed the van and the front panel was too wide for the new van, I sent it back to Lillypad with the new sizes and they altered it for me, all it cost was postage and packing and they were very quick.
As regards how big they are they less than half fill a standard supermarket 'freebie' carrier bag. I have adapted mine to make them more 'tight' when used, I have some broom handles, drilled at either end and fed through the loops at the bottom of the windshade and tent pegged down so the only things extra I needed were tent pegs and some broom handles, both readily availabe and cheap....

http://mysunshade.co.uk/

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back