Doe's anyone have the answer? (1 Viewer)

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
Doe's anyone have the answer to this question which has been nagging me for several years,

"How do you clean between the bottom of the luton overcab section and the windscreen"????

For many years I have struggled to remove all the dead flys, moths and other rubbish that attaches itself to that little area where the Windscreen joins the Overcab bed section.

I've used clothes on the end of broom handles, brushes, hose sprays etc and still to no real effect.

So doe's anyone have the answer??

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
No, sorry. But if you look at the Caption Please thread you will see that JJ is excellent at cleaning vans and I am sure he will bring his big ladders and help a fellow forum member out if you smile nicely at him.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, don't know the van but is it possible that a rubber scrubbing brush (small one) attached to a pole might work.....

OP
OP
E

estcres

Free Member
Oct 9, 2007
Sunny Bournemouth
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2005
No, sorry. But if you look at the Caption Please thread you will see that JJ is excellent at cleaning vans and I am sure he will bring his big ladders and help a fellow forum member out if you smile nicely at him.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Seriously, don't know the van but is it possible that a rubber scrubbing brush (small one) attached to a pole might work.....[/QUOTE]

Have already tried something very similar to no real effect.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Swiftroy1

Free Member
Jan 3, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
I too had the same problem till I took it to a hand-wash facility at a local garage. I pointed out that I wanted the offending debris to be removed as part of the wash and they obliged. They used an extended soapy brush and had a lot more energy than I had. ÂŁ15 well spent.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
A long handles brush (Telescopic) and MucOff. Soak the offending flies with the Mucoff, leave it a while then scrub off with clean water. Seems to work for me ::bigsmile:
Others will have their own methods, but I do like the Big Steps method used by JJ :ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
See Kamikaze insects-
terry

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Used to use a long handled brush but now use Onedrywash just like the rest of the van. I can reach to the middle from steps placed by the cab doors.

Graham

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Really really easy ( for me anyway ! )

I keep in stock some stuff used by bikers to get flies off the fairing and visors

A quick spray ( it comes in one of those bottles with the squeeze trigger sort of thing ) and leave for a couple of minutes

All the corpses simply wash off with out any effort what so ever !

I no longer advertise it but have about 10 bottles left..
If anyone wants one for half price ( ÂŁ7.25 but inc UK postage ) you are most welcome..

Or I can take it to Prestwold if you are going there ?

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
Tessey reccomened Elbow Grease ,All purpose Degreaser /cleaner to me last year
it works can get it from pound shops or on ebay Link Removed

highwayman

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Herne Bay
Funster No
MH
Low profile Rapido
Exp
Since 2005 ish
Buy a dustpan 'n' brush from a pound shop, making sure it's a soft brush.
Then cut about half an inch off of each side of the brush.
Spray the offending area with muc-off or something similar and leave to soak then with the brush dipped in your favourite shampoo or wash n wax stand on your step and clean the area with ease :thumb:

cheers...nige

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
If its a real problem you could buy a jet wash from B&Q. That will shift the blighters.

Jim
:Smile:

dazzer

Free Member
Jul 30, 2007
In my house
Funster No
MH
Virtual RV!!
Exp
10 Years
If its a real problem you could buy a jet wash from B&Q. That will shift the blighters.

Jim
:Smile:

Not sure a jetwash will be a good idea, it may blast past the weathersealing and soak the inside of the van.

I think the use of the right chemicals and a bit of elbow grease is the way forward. Someone did tell me about spraying the effected area with WD40 then leaving for about 1/2 hour then washing off with hot soapy water but ive never tried it so cant comment.

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
I solved this by getting a cheap whatchamacallit from Lidl.

It's a circular spiky plastic end on an extending metal handle. I can reach over halfway from each side and just use AutoGlym shampoo. Gets dirt & bugs off easily.

Mar 28, 2010
Wirral
Funster No
MH
A class Hymer 504
Exp
Since 1995
Once on somebody else's coachbuilt, I used Fenwick's motorhome cleaner (including the 10:1 ratio for stubborn stains) and a microfibre sponge from Tesco that had a a soft netting on one side which helped the elbow grease. It still meant using a step ladder from the side and front to reach over. It worked.

This combination works really well on my a-class which is not much easier to clean at the front.

When completely clean, a good wax will reduce the risk of the bugs sticking in future.

imprint

Free Member
Jul 14, 2009
Funster No
Movan suggests getting a pole.

Quite a good idea, they'd do it for far less than anyone else. Trouble is, not many of us know any Polish beyond brasso,or duraglit, and even in Warsaw, those didn't get me very far.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back