London
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
Hi,

I've posted another thread here about a vehicle for sale:
http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/adria-twin-sp-600-2011.123576/

I received a reply from someone and I'm almost certain it is dodgy. Just wanted to confirm that I should ignore this type of request (copied and pasted from an email):

Great! please consider it sold as i am willing to pay your full asking price because i need to buy it for my cousin asap, i have read through the advert and I'm totally satisfied with it,sadly i would not be able to come personally to collect due to my hearing loss and me being on a wheelchair. I would appreciate if you email me with more photos (if available) since I'm unable to see it in person. i have a courier agent that would help me to pick it up at your preferred location after you have received your money and I'll pay you via PayPal today. Where is the pick up location so that i can inform the courier agent about it now?

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
It's a scam, got it written all over it.(y) Never sell to someone who does not want to look at it first so many scams I would put scam in the search facility and familiarise your self with them.

Apr 22, 2013
Cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 625
Exp
Since 2011
Just select a few words from the email and search in Goggle I chose "a courier agent that would help me to pick it up" It brings up several direct hits with the exact wording from your email.

Including this one.
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=104087

do the sensible thing and ignore the email.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
Is he called Mickey and has got spare Tarmac to do your drive aswell?;) SCAM I'm afraid .

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
I think you should reply thus,

"Great to hear from you and it night be that the Lord has smiled upon you. Of course you couldn't have known, but am a healing minister at the United Church of the 6th Day Witnesses and I carry out healing on a weekly basis. As you are in a wheelchair, I would be delighted to include you at one of our meetings, perhaps on the day you collect the camper, I am sure you would find taking part in the service a revelation and my healing ministry would help you to do without the chair, perhaps forever.

As you know, all Churches are under pressure financially and I would have to ask for a contribution to help us in our work. and I suggest a donation of £10 only. In the meantime, and to speed up matters this will need be paid before you arrive, so you are not delayed, could you please let me have you full name, date of birth and address together with your bank branch account number and sort code, your mothers maiden name might also be useful. of course you have my word that Only £10 will be taken from your account.

I look forward receiving this information from you and when you have given it tome I will tell you the location of our Church where we can meet.

With Blessings..

Yours Most Sincerely.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
You could always go along with it and let us all know what happens.

Who knows, it might just be genuine.

Excuse me, but I have to nip outside to feed my flying pigs.:whistle:

Deleted User
I've had hours of fun replying to these losers.

I try and tag them along for weeks, blaming them for missed appointments etc. I then tell them stuff like I'm going to small claims court as they didn't show after agreeing a contract. I tell them I work for a cyber crime unit And will visit them tomorrow. I ask them to donate a tenner to Cancer research and send me a copy of receipt to prove they are genuine. I ask about their cousins job or disability etc I pick up on every spelling mistake and ask really dumb questions.

Eventually some of them get really angry and insulting, one once called me a scammer!!!

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Every advert I ever put on Gumtree or Ebay for a vehicle brings this up it must actually be a computor operated one as they send it out to EVERY seller that I know of. The English is usually poor and I suspect the usual suspects in Nigeria or Bulgaria.

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
I think you should reply thus,

"Great to hear from you and it night be that the Lord has smiled upon you. Of course you couldn't have known, but am a healing minister at the United Church of the 6th Day Witnesses and I carry out healing on a weekly basis. As you are in a wheelchair, I would be delighted to include you at one of our meetings, perhaps on the day you collect the camper, I am sure you would find taking part in the service a revelation and my healing ministry would help you to do without the chair, perhaps forever.

As you know, all Churches are under pressure financially and I would have to ask for a contribution to help us in our work. and I suggest a donation of £10 only. In the meantime, and to speed up matters this will need be paid before you arrive, so you are not delayed, could you please let me have you full name, date of birth and address together with your bank branch account number and sort code, your mothers maiden name might also be useful. of course you have my word that Only £10 will be taken from your account.

I look forward receiving this information from you and when you have given it tome I will tell you the location of our Church where we can meet.

With Blessings..

Yours Most Sincerely.
Excellent! A like don't cover it!lol

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
You could always go along with it and let us all know what happens.

Who knows, it might just be genuine.

Excuse me, but I have to nip outside to feed my flying pigs.:whistle:
Victoria_Police_(CHC_Helicopters_Australia)_Eurocopter_AS-365N-3_Dauphin_2_Vabre.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back