Free Member
Jul 19, 2012
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
looking for one
Exp
hi everyone,
just after a little advice! after a lot of thought and advice from you lot, decided to go for 5er rather than a motorhome! now the next thing is i'm looking for something to toe it! i have seen a nice dodge ram slt 1500 5.8 hemi LPG converted. just wondering what they are like, running costs, insurance and so on?
help really appreciated. thanks glenn...:Smile:

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Hi Jimbobs, just noticed your intentions and I know that 'ehuplad' is selling his rig and his tow beast is something else.

You really should PM him and find out more. Its the last of a particular model which was very gas frugal with all new tyres and lots of other stuff.

Please get in touch, it'd be worth your while.........Griff...:thumb:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi jimbobs,I used to have or I should say my son had the 5.8 ltr Hemi- at best we got 12 mpg so with LPG= cost to around 18 /20 maybe :Sad: pull a house down but would not pass a garage ::bigsmile:Typical yank :winky:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Griffs

Free Member
Aug 15, 2007
SOUTH WALES
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2007
hi everyone,
just after a little advice! after a lot of thought and advice from you lot, decided to go for 5er rather than a motorhome! now the next thing is i'm looking for something to toe it! i have seen a nice dodge ram slt 1500 5.8 hemi LPG converted. just wondering what they are like, running costs, insurance and so on?
help really appreciated. thanks glenn...:Smile:

We used to have a fifth wheel a few years ago insurance was not to bad ,fuel just put it in when needed (but they are big vehicles and do the job well) We had a dodge 250 hd with a cummins 5.9 fantastic vehicle, I would love to have another truck like that, I dont think there is a lot between them and fords.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
If your thinking of a Ram, there's only one engine option and that's a Cummins. Its not known as the million mile motor for no reason. My old Ram had 350000 on the clock when I sold it and its still going strong 10 years later.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back