Documents for belgium,germany,france (1 Viewer)

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
hi, can anyone tell me what documents i need to take with me to belgium,germany and france, ie mot, log book etc. Also we are sailing dover-calais on the midnight ferry next friday 15th.and would like somewhere to get our heads down for a few hours on the other side, is the gravelines still open or can you advise anywhere else.

this is our first trip abroad in the mh and we and the 2 boys are really looking forward to it. I will try and post a blog about our travels if i can pick up a wifi with the new wifi antenna/box i have just bought.
louis:thumb:

big map

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 8, 2009
Poole
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Hi.

You must carry the original copies of the vehicle documents ( V5, MOT certificate and insurance) don't forget your driving license with the paper part aswell. It pays to keep photo copies of all paper docs in case of loss or theft.

Remember to carry all the saftey equipment required and a set of beam benders for your head lights.

Have a good trip
Cheers Mike.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
We tend to take all of the documents along with copies (V5, MOT, Insurance, Driving Licence, passports). The originals go in the safe and the copies in the cab.

Also have them online in Google Docs so they are on my phone and on the net for download if required.

Don't forget your EHIC medical cards as well.

We go over this weekend and are going to give the Cite Europe a try for a rest stop this time as we are using the tunnel rather than ferry. Gravelines is as far as I am aware still open.

Good luck and have fun.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Louis
You will need to take your V5, insurance, MOT and driving license. You must take the original documents, copies are not acceptable. You can overnight in the ticket office parking area at Calais docks free of charge.
Brisey

Sep 3, 2009
NW Surrey
Funster No
MH
LHD Hymer exsis-i
Don't forget warning triangle and hi-viz waistcoats for ALL those travelling in the M/H.

From the ferry we've used the car park/aire at the Yacht Harbour, entrance is from the roundabout at the end of Boulevard de la Resistance. nice and quiet and short walk to shops etc.

Malcolm

Deleted User
hi, can anyone tell me what documents i need to take with me to belgium,germany and france, ie mot, log book etc. Also we are sailing dover-calais on the midnight ferry next friday 15th.and would like somewhere to get our heads down for a few hours on the other side, is the gravelines still open or can you advise anywhere else.

this is our first trip abroad in the mh and we and the 2 boys are really looking forward to it. I will try and post a blog about our travels if i can pick up a wifi with the new wifi antenna/box i have just bought.
louis:thumb:

You could try the aire in calais only 5mins from the ferry. We went to Germany last year, lovely country. Apart from all obvious documents dont forget spare vehicle bulbs, warning triangle and hiviz vests for everyone, compulsory if on the roadside. We also applied for a low emission sticker for germany, some cities have low emmision zones. cost about 6euros can't remember the web site but google will find it for you.

Have a great trip
Spongy

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
We too have used the Aires at Calais port, easily posted from the ferry, and the booking office carpark is usually well patroled.

You can also purchase your low emmision sticker from the border crossing into Germany, they will need sight of your V5, (take the original for them to see, and a photocopy for them to retain.

All other points have been covered, I think!!

Have a safe and enjoyable trip.
:thumb:

OP
OP
lou020

lou020

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 5, 2010
huddersfield
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
since 2010
are the aires near calais relatively safe,ie no immigrants around trying to jump aboard my pride & joy (the motorhome not the wife). she has been told about someone being supposedly gassed ,probably in our local town. thanks for all the info by the way, :thumb::thumb:

adriacoral

Free Member
Apr 3, 2011
shropshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2009
we have used the aire at calais 4 or 5 times, night and day, we have two children, and have always felt safe.There are plenty of mhs coming and going who keep a watchful eye....bit noisy but better than driving tired!I think they charge about 7 euros for overnight now, but its an attendant, so no need to worry bout having correct change for ticket machine!
have fun...i'm jealous would love to be going to france for easter but funds dont allow at mo! ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Feb 1, 2011
Redcar
Funster No
MH
Hymer C. Class
Exp
26 yrs
Hi,
Don't forget if you are going near many of the major cities in Germany you will need an emmisions sticker, similar to the London Zone, you don't have to be in the cities to be within the Zone. We bought ours last year cost 10 euro's.
You send your van details to the City office with a s.a.e. and they reply very quickly. You can find the directions on-line, the certificate is known as a
' Umweltzonen' try this site
http://www.lowemissionzones.eu/
Best Regards, Mac

wivvy's dad

Free Member
Jun 22, 2010
Funster No
MH
Transit LWB Hi-Top PVC
Exp
On and Off since '98
are the aires near calais relatively safe,ie no immigrants around trying to jump aboard my pride & joy (the motorhome not the wife). she has been told about someone being supposedly gassed ,probably in our local town. thanks for all the info by the way, :thumb::thumb:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LfUOJx4_FdE&NR=1[/ame]

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back