Doctors (1 Viewer)

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I again recently proved that my honesty has again caused me problems.
On trying to make an appointment with my doctor who I have seen for the last 15 years I was asked if I still lived at the same address...YES I should have said but I didnt, I said no I live in a bus. After a little bemusement by the receptionist I had to fill in a form stating this and that I had a care of address which is actually on the same street as the docs so well within the catchment area.
I have now been told that I am no longer able to be seen, even after I threatened to park my home on thier doorstep and was advised to go to a homeless drop in centre which has a doctors surgery there...but im not homeless ??
I wonder what the legal score is with fulltimers, how do people go on ?
I have visited a NHS walk in centre which is ok for temporary pain killers but my long term and on going illnesses and ailments need detailed attention.
Im not too fussed about seeing my old doc after she said she could no longer do anything for me, it was just the way I was made up !! I could list a dozen physical and mental problems I have. It was usually at least a week to get an appointment to see her, probably always on holiday spending the hundred grand a year salary !!
What do I do ???? I just want to see the same doctor regularly.

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Oh, dear, dear, dear Winnielafreak

How many times have I told full-timers on here and to their face - YOU HAVE TO LEARN TO BE ECONOMICAL WITH THE TRUTH! :Eeek: :Eeek:

As fulltimers we are different to the normal run of the mill crowd - as 'square pegs' we don't fit into little round holes - and most people cannot accept that we are human - because we don't conform :Sad: :Sad:

You have had to bend the truth with the address on your driving licence and on your insurance documents - what is wrong with telling the Doctor you are on an extended touring holiday?

Like it or not - we all have to become 'fibbers' in order to continue the life style that we wish to adopt. There are many, many little green-eyed monsters who are so jealous of us that they will do anything to try and upset our plans!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Either apply for political asylum or refugee status, failing that you could claim to be a New Age traveller...

That should restore your rights...

badger1

Free Member
Jan 8, 2008
forest of dean glos
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
3 years and caravanning 25 years
little white lies

Hey up folks
Why should we feel guilty about telling lies to get what we want? The politicians are doing it all the time and look at what that is costing the country!
The bank bosses are covering their lies with bulls**t figures.
Your bosses lie to your face and behind your back to get what they want.
Your doctors lie to you when they tell you what is wrong with you.
So ,yes go ahead and lie like a good un to keep the lifestyle you have chosen for yourself .
Just my own personal view on things , regards Badger1:winky:

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
You need to contact The Patient Advice and Liaison Service at your local PCT they should be able to help

Hi Diabalo
I contacted the Patient advise and liason service and was told they didnt have any advice available for "travellers" and to contact my local Primary care trust, but having looked at thier website its all a bit middle management speak, all budgets and boundaries ??? Am I barking up the wrong tree ?
I though about going to my MP but do I have one now ? whats the score with that ?
cheers
wyn

Oct 14, 2007
Rochester
Funster No
MH
Auto-Trail Mohawk
Exp
16 fun filled years
PALS work for the local PCT as far as I am aware. So not sure why they won't or can't give advice on you predicament.

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Hi Diabalo
I contacted the Patient advise and liason service and was told they didnt have any advice available for "travellers" and to contact my local Primary care trust, but having looked at thier website its all a bit middle management speak, all budgets and boundaries ??? Am I barking up the wrong tree ?
I though about going to my MP but do I have one now ? whats the score with that ?
cheers
wyn

Hi Wynnie

Why dont you try the citizens advice burea (CAB). Theres one in every town I think. They are always on your side and if they dont know the answer they will keep going until they find it. Good Luck

Jim :Smile:

Do you have a friend or relative who lives close to your doctors. If you have and their agreable use there address

Last edited:

Floozie2

Free Member
Feb 29, 2008
Videix, France
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
9 years
It's sad that we have to play these games to get our basic treatments.:Sad: My wife needs a regular prescription and we have to be 'econimical with the truth' as Dick says. We are constantly 'on holiday' or 'house sitting'. Our GP is sort of aware that we are away most of the time and have sold up and turns a blind eye - so far. It does mean that she can have a check up every now and again.

A thought. As full-timers, most of us have a C/O address. Our bank statements go there, our insurances are registered there. If the home owner (usually a friend or relative) is agreeable, why not register on the community charge bill? If the friend in single, it would mean making up the difference, but in doing so, it makes us just as resident as the occupier. How can the doctor's surgery deny you then? You'd have the bill to 'prove' you 'live' there. Just a thought. So far we've not had to do this, but will if we have to.

Sorry you've had such problems. Most things can be overcome but when it comes to health it's just a bit more worrying and stressful - not quite what we signed up for in this lifestyle!

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Become an asylum seeker they seem to get everything without fixed abode or paperwork:winky:

and do gooders falling over themselves to make sure it's all there for them:thumb:

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I had a long telephone conversation with someone at the Primary care trust who told me that all I could do was be seen on a temporary basis, which is generally what the gypsy travellers have to do. ( this would mean a doctor wouldnt have access to my records). I could have a copy of them at a charge of £50 and again everytime I wanted them updating.
I was told that I could use a campsit address if I was staying there between 2 and 12 weeks but would need to prove that this was my postal address ????
It takes 2-3 weeks for your records to be sent from one doctor to another via the central patient record database which seems a long time in these days of instant computerised data exchanges.
So until I find a solution my health deteriorates my anxiety levels are sky high ,probably also due to being still broken down with massive engine repair and I am almost out of my medications.

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Terrible:Doh:

I hope things get better for you.

Last edited:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Put in a written complaint to the Primary Care Trust.

and go to the local press.

Within your complaint state if anything happens to you whilst this is being sorted out, the GP refusing to see you and the NHS will be held fully liable and you have left written instructions in your "will" that action should be taken against them - that will get things moving.

Good luck

J

John West

Deleted User
hi all, ive been /tryed , the goverment /county counci social servicesl/nhs/gps/police ,are your esablishment ;they are linked , they will pass u between these departments and the point of the problem changes with it ,as does the data , so the establishment looks after its SELF ; socil services {goverment} look after communtities , being a traveler we are out of that , were free ,but the hns system is bening used for many things one of them is to draw u back into there system communty control ;
i hipe this may help ;

OP
OP
N

nahnotme

Free Member
Sep 23, 2007
Funster No
I was advised at an NHS walk in centre to try a doctors in skelmersdale who allow travellers to use thier address for the purpose of getting your records.
So it is simply at the discretion of the practice manager, just turns out most are narrow minded jobs worths. So it is possible you just gotta find a compasionate and understanding one.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
hi everybody!

:Eeek::Eeek:The more i read the more i get angry, sad:Sad: ... how can that happen? :Angry:Can't you just have a post office box in your area? do you need to give an adress even so?Is there no way to find someone in your area kind enought to let you use his own letter box? or rent one in a commercial building(or a hair dresser for exemple) so that you can have either a letter box and an adress?
Thank god (and our social security), we do not have this kind of problem. We have to choose a doctor,what ever is his adress and ours; but can visit any other doctor , we are just fined 1 eur for that , and that's it! when i moved 2 years ago, i kept my doctor; but as long as it's for little health problems i visit the doctor of the town i'm living in now. You just come in say hello and explain what your problem is; then pay and social security gives you back 75% of the bill minus the 1eur! No worry no stress! If some one has no money to pay for a doctor he goes to social medical center, and will have a free consultation with a doctor!

Come to France:thumb::Smile:.... you'll have a doctor who ever you are:winky:, take E111 and as being abroad , nobody will ask you your adress!:winky::winky:::bigsmile:

Très très amicalement !!!

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

MicknPat

Free Member
Dec 16, 2007
Touring UK
Funster No
MH
39ft American A class RV
Exp
Since Oct 2007
I am lead to believe that even if you live in bricks & mortar and in the GPs catchment area if you go and live abroad for more than six months and 'they' find out :secret: you can be crossed off their patent list.

So if that's true, why is it that you are NOT crossed off if you don't visit your doctors every six months. :Confused:

R

roger loiselle

Deleted User
Become an asylum seeker they seem to get everything without fixed abode or paperwork:winky:

and do gooders falling over themselves to make sure it's all there for them:thumb:

We are about to go fulltime in Europe, we are renting our home during this time (2years) what would be our status and can we keep our current doctor?
Roger Loiselle.

Parcverger

Funster - Campsite Owner
Aug 13, 2007
Parc Verger - Limousin
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
8 years
Keep your doctor, but DO NOT TELL THEM WHAT YOU ARE DOING. As Mick and Pat said, you are likely to be crossed off their list! If you need regular medication you can probably get a supply to last you 3 or 6 months, but make sure that you know exactly the name of your medication - you can then get this or its equivalent whilst you are abroad. Save the forms you get and then send them in for repayment in the UK.:winky:

Bob and Di

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back