Do you use Internet Explorer? Yes - Read This (1 Viewer)

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I use Firefox because its faster, renders better,and has some fantastic plugins, but it looks like you Internet Explorer users now have a more compelling reason to dump the browser that hackers love to exploit.

Link Removed

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
The websites corrupted by the hackers are mostly Chinese, and have been programmed to steal passwords for computer games which can be sold for money on the black market.
Does this mean they can hack into MHFun and play all our games for FREE:Eeek:

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Hi Jim

In Firefox is there a way to zoom pages to 125 150 and 200%? If so I might just try it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
panic at work to-day but my md is a drama queen,:ROFLMAO: had to change over to firefox at work today so i am a happy bunny,got it at work now as well as at home,::bigsmile: bt told us a long while ago that internet explorer was the easiest to corrupt:Eeek:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Most of the time I use the browser built in to the AOL software, but if I wanna play then I use Google Chrome ..
When you consider that almost every self replicating virus ever made has been aimed at MS mailers ( esp express )it should not be too surprising that IE 7 is being attacked :Doh:

Mind you, the reality is that you proly have a less than 1 in 5000 chance of actually getting clobbered so cheer up ::bigsmile:

Douglas

Free Member
Aug 22, 2008
South Wales,
Funster No
Exp
6 years + 5 years in boat before that
Not only do I use Firefox but over the last few months I have been playing with a Linux system called Unbuntu, A soon as I feel confident enough I will stop using windows completely.

Doug

R

reader

Deleted User
For those of you still using Intenet Explorer there is an additional security update being launched tommorrow (Wed) Must be serious to be out sequence in MS's update routine

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
Allowing Microsoft updates is a problem for me. I have disabled the automatic update function because for a long time now ms has been trying to download SP3.

Whenever this happens my machine goes down and I end up having to restore which is a pain.
Does anybody have a solution to this

Cheers Jim :Smile:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I'm using Firefox must say its much quicker than Ex I've also changed because I've had so many viruses lately and all the security software I've added has virtually stopped my computer working. With all the add on's it takes 15 mins to get going and using the web is like watching paint dry.

Goodbye Explorer:moon:

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
hi madbluemad

i always update windows manually.

it gives you 3 choices:- express, all, & custom. choose custom & don't select SP3

madbluemad

Banned
Jan 26, 2008
spain
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
since 1980
hi madbluemad

i always update windows manually.

it gives you 3 choices:- express, all, & custom. choose custom & don't select SP3

Thanks Smifee JIm :thumb:

Papa Smurf

Sep 25, 2007
Funster No
In my opinion, the top 5 browsers are (in my ranking of preference) :-

Safari
Opera
Firefox
IE
Chrome

Maybe this will change soon when IE8 is finally made available as a public release.

Papa

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back