Do you really need a shower in the MH every day? (1 Viewer)

Steve

LIFE MEMBER
May 8, 2013
Compton Berkshire
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
on and off for 40 years
I like to shower with a friend so consequently don’t shower very often…… or at all.
upload_2015-9-14_12-58-58.png
:cry:
upload_2015-9-14_12-58-58.png
I find that a dirty dish cloth helps to replace lost body oils but the small pieces of food can get uncomfortable when lodged in certain places.:sick:

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
I like to shower with a friend so consequently don’t shower very often…… or at all.View attachment 75616:cry:View attachment 75617 I find that a dirty dish cloth helps to replace lost body oils but the small pieces of food can get uncomfortable when lodged in certain places.:sick:
Hmm the lack of a friend to shower with and the consequences seem like a cause and effect loop!

mariner

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 21, 2013
Isle of Dogs, but mostly Artola Spain.
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Since 2007. But no more.
Whilst serving in Northern Ireland, we only had the opportunity to shower once every five weeks. The consensus was that, (in South Armagh), lives were saved because we smelt like sheep. The pong of fresh soap and clean bodies travels a long way with the breeze. :(

Do not try this in Wales, you may not like the results.:rolleyes:

:cooler:

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Hi.
Under NO! account,must you interfere with your "Natural Body Oils". Showering TWICE a week!!? NO! You miss read the paper,it should read. "Twice a year MAX"
Tea Bag

persactly..washing away all those essential oils? ( after a few weeks you start self cleaning)...washing a nonsense plus a waste of drinking time...:D

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I'm not sure if I should share this but here goes. We do shower regularly but decided to take two flannels in the van for the occasions when the water is low and we can't risk a shower. I bought two nice ones but realised too late that it was a mistake to get them the same colour as one was for face and the other one was for the 'other end'. The occasion finally came when we were running low on water and wanted a good wash (or a 'personal wash' as Ruth Jones so eloquently called it in Gavin and Stacey). Shirl pointed out that we wouldn't know which was which so I painstakingly embroidered the letter F on one of them. Fast forward several months to the next time water was a bit low and out came the aforesaid flannels. That's when we couldn't remember whether F stood for Face of Fanny. :doh:

Sorted (y)

Broken Link Removed

Jun 22, 2012
Sherborne Dorset
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2012
On the same sort of subject as Mags52, the practice nurse and I often wished we had the courage to put up a sign in the smear clinic saying "it's not your feet it's your fxxxx you should be apologising for at the end of a hot sweaty day"! Fortunately they were in a minority.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The consensus was that, (in South Armagh), lives were saved because we smelt like sheep. The pong of fresh soap and clean bodies travels a long way with the breeze. :(

During the Vietnam War, some Vietcong realised that if they washed with stolen American Army soap they could fool the dogs that the Americans used to search their tunnel networks. On the subject of pongs travelling, one of the last aborigines to come out of the Australian bush in the 1980s said he knew 'modern' people were in the area because he could smell their poo on the breeze from 2 kilometres away.

I shower daily at home because I don't think I'd ever wake up properly if I didn't. In the MH when we're using aires we're more careful with the water so it's every few days. I'm not bothered with all that hippy nonsense about natural oils and essences and inner energies - if I need a good wash I'll have one.

Billy23

Free Member
Feb 10, 2012
On a planet...far, ....far away.
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On and off 1995
On the same sort of subject as Mags52, the practice nurse and I often wished we had the courage to put up a sign in the smear clinic saying "it's not your feet it's your fxxxx you should be apologising for at the end of a hot sweaty day"! Fortunately they were in a minority.

YUK!!!!:)

Langtoftlad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 12, 2011
Langtoft, South Lincs
Funster No
MH
WildAx Aurora FB [PVC]
Exp
Since 2015
Let me get this straight - we are living in 2015, not 1955 ?

We have indoor plumbing & central heating - why would anyone (voluntarily) go back to the days of an outside 'thunderbox' & waking up to ice on the inside of the window?

"Strip washes" Oh Please!
Why would you spend loads on facilities & not use them?

I presume these people have high tech satellite systems with flat screen TVs... and yet huddle around a "cats whisker crystal radio set"

I don't get it - I really don't.
Shower daily at home, shower daily in MH.
Be a dirty smelly b*gger at home 'washing' with a manky flannel at home, then I guess its OK to do it when in your van...

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
Let me get this straight - we are living in 2015, not 1955 ?

We have indoor plumbing & central heating - why would anyone (voluntarily) go back to the days of an outside 'thunderbox' & waking up to ice on the inside of the window?

"Strip washes" Oh Please!
Why would you spend loads on facilities & not use them?
I'm with you. I just don't get it??

I've spent £10's of £1000's on buying a home from home and use it to it's fullest extent, including a daily shower :)

I don't smell, I'm not ill due to a lack of skin bugs and my body oil dipstick says I'm healthy too :clap2:

We always use the ships shower method and conserve water that way :)

SWMBO only has to stand within 20 feet of someone who only washes occasionally and she can smell them. I think that those who wash less frequently than other, don't even realise how much they smell, as they just get used to it :Eeek:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
I NEVER use the shower in the van, just hate to think about the water getting somewhere it should'nt, in the van I mean :whistle2:
However, I shave and have a strip wash every night before bed, and every other day when I am running I also have a strip wash after my run, don't feel that I need a shower and the water lasts longer which is a benefit as I wild camp most of the time.
If you meet me and I smell bad please let me know :Eeek:
Ok well er remind not to buy a Hymer, clearly german engineering is not upto using the shower :giggler::giggler:

Aug 15, 2014
Exiled in Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote 600L
Exp
Since 2006
campacola, haha but don't think that water is able to distinguish a vans nationality :whistle2::moon2:
I DO know however how unedumicated water is:Eeek:

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Just reading through some of this thread and if I can chuck in my tuppence worth then there are some mucky buggers about!
Yep every time I go on a bus it stinks of BO and alcohol on a good day....on a bad day, piss.......and the above.

Last edited:

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
On the subject of pongs travelling, one of the last aborigines to come out of the Australian bush in the 1980s said he knew 'modern' people were in the area because he could smell their poo on the breeze from 2 kilometres away.
It's a bit like that at the cassette dump at Funster rallies

dabhand

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2014
Staffs
Funster No
MH
Concorde carver E35
Exp
Since 1993
Don't understand why anybody would want to smell like a sh*thouse seat made out of an old kipper box! Take a shower you smelly bar stewards get some not stinky antiperspirant or deodorant, shower the French way to save water when in the Moho and start to smell aromatic for the rest of us. You've all had a wiff of the old women who keep dousing themselves in "Tweed" without washing, smelling like a pissy terry towel nappy drying by the fire, it's not right I tell you!

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Well, I get the brown one for your tanned face but cream for the other end has me beat :Eeek::Eeek::laughing:
You make it sound like incontinence ware with plenty of disposable wipes would be a better option for some of you......;)

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
I'm not sure if I should share this but here goes. We do shower regularly but decided to take two flannels in the van for the occasions when the water is low and we can't risk a shower. I bought two nice ones but realised too late that it was a mistake to get them the same colour as one was for face and the other one was for the 'other end'. The occasion finally came when we were running low on water and wanted a good wash (or a 'personal wash' as Ruth Jones so eloquently called it in Gavin and Stacey). Shirl pointed out that we wouldn't know which was which so I painstakingly embroidered the letter F on one of them. Fast forward several months to the next time water was a bit low and out came the aforesaid flannels. That's when we couldn't remember whether F stood for Face of Fanny. :doh:
Love your post, nearly drowned in my tea laughing!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back