Do you need to replace your loose carpets, here's a link (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Deleted member 36503
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 36503

Deleted User
I have just seen this interesting link on the Camping & Caravan Club forum and I thought it might be of interest to quite a lot of Funsters whose loose carpets are starting to look a bit dog eared.

Copied in full off the C&CC forum today:-
Recently changed our van to Bailey Indiana with removable carpets. They were not in great condition so decided to change them. Looked at Bailey and baulked at the price! A car dealer friend pointed me at Premier Products in Mansfield who make fitted car mats for all types of vehicles. Called in with my carpets and was impressed with positive attitude and willingness to help. They laser mapped my carpets so that they were exactly copied and reproduced new ones shortly after at a price that should cause Bailey some concern!

I was the first customer with caravan carpets for them and they are able and willing to sort new ones for anybody. They have recorded the map of my carpets and as they go on the history will build up so in the short term they need old ones to "copy". They have all types of finish and even "heavy duty" for dog owners?

Having seen the comments in the latest club mag about carpets I thought it worth sharing my experience of this company.

www.premierproductsltd.co.uk Tel. 01623 645100

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
Any carpet shop will be able to make up replacements for you.

I had a couple of spare sets made at a local shop - just took the existing ones in to use as templates, picked out some carpet, they cut the new sets out and sent them off to be whip stitched.

The look spot on and because it was a roll end they didn't cost much at all.

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Any carpet shop will be able to make up replacements for you.

I had a couple of spare sets made at a local shop - just took the existing ones in to use as templates, picked out some carpet, they cut the new sets out and sent them off to be whip stitched.

The look spot on and because it was a roll end they didn't cost much at all.

Thats exactly what we do.
Last set for 7.5 metre tag axle Hymer £100 and a really hard wearing carpet over 50000 miles 5 years use still going strong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
If you have the original carpets then it is easy to DIY job. Buy some hard wearing Gel backed carpet, which can be cut with a Stanley knife and which will not fray. You can then use the existing carpets as templates. We did that on our new motorhome, because we did not like the colour of the loose carpets that came with it and they did not seem very hard wearing. Those are now in the loft and will go with the motorhome when we eventually sell it. Cost about £55 from the Internet, and they sent free samples so we could check colour and feel before we bought.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
If you have the original carpets then it is easy to DIY job. Buy some hard wearing Gel backed carpet, which can be cut with a Stanley knife and which will not fray. You can then use the existing carpets as templates. We did that on our new motorhome, because we did not like the colour of the loose carpets that came with it and they did not seem very hard wearing. Those are now in the loft and will go with the motorhome when we eventually sell it. Cost about £55 from the Internet, and they sent free samples so we could check colour and feel before we bought.
Did the same when the last Hymers carpets got grubby, didn't order carpets for the current one, £40 worth of Gel back did the job made paper patterns and cut it with scissors, fitted the cab one and the rest are loose lay & when it gets grubby cheap to replace.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back