Do you name your MH and why ?? (2 Viewers)

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Our first "taster" motorhome was an ancient and venerable Pilote, on a Talbot chassis. We called him Nigel - ask anyone who has worked for BA why!!

This one is a Rapido, and has been through a few names, before we settled on Eric.
Not all pilots are Nigel sometimes Claude or Montague Rapido could be Slowcoach at times.,

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
The overall vehicle is just called the Van, however the rear doors came with names, the left one is Peugeot and the right one is Boxer.

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Boxers have to be called 'Enery. or Cass

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Paul and Kate

LIFE MEMBER
May 1, 2016
Stoke on trent
Funster No
MH
Auto sleeper Warwick
Exp
Since 2015
We named ours Eric after a friend who passed away and we had to collect the van The same day as his funeral as we were due to go holland the week after
So named it Eric

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
As a manufacturer of vinyl sign writing (sticky letters) since 1980 I've made thousands of names for motor homes and some caravans. Some names were very crude but most were sensible. A lot were christened after children and grandchildren. I even names some vehicle twice. On the driving side was the man's choice and the passenger side gave the ladies. This was when they couldn't agree. The same applied to body stripes. I remember applying graphics to a motor home and the offside was in blues but the nearside ended up pink and purple. Everyone's different and it was always a challenge when both parties couldn't agree .

Feb 9, 2008
SW Scotland
Funster No
MH
LP Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2008 after caravanning for 20 years
Ours has a name so when she gets it wrong I can swear at her, doesn't happen very often though. Same as the SatNav, she's called Sonya cos she get Sonya nerves.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Our MH is BanHam. Combination of our surnames.

kcy

Free Member
Nov 7, 2013
east yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chausson flash
Exp
since 2012
Bertie,after my dear departed dad,without whom I probably wouldn't have been able to afford one,so at the end of a long journey I always give the dash a pat and say "Thanks Bertie".
That is so lovely,made me well up, I'm an old softie

Melvin

Free Member
Jan 22, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
On & off since 1974
We called ours boomer because we're both of the baby boom generation ,previous one was Wendy because it reminded my wife of a Wendy house.

RogerThat

LIFE MEMBER
May 20, 2016
North West
Funster No
MH
PVC
Bertie,after my dear departed dad,without whom I probably wouldn't have been able to afford one,so at the end of a long journey I always give the dash a pat and say "Thanks Bertie".

Very similar, not in name, but in reason :)

My beloved grandad died two years ago and he left my sister and I some money. It was a life changing amount of money (to me anyway) and I made sure it did change my life. I put every penny of it in to buying my trusty 16yr old Swift Sundance motorhome last year - and I've had the absolute time of my life with it ever since.

My grandad built a house (literally) in Ireland around 60 years ago and he named the house 'Avonlea'.

Out of love and respect for my grandad, one of the first things I did with my motorhome was take to the local vinyl graphics shop and have them remove all the 'Sundance' stickers and logos and replace every single one of them with 'Avonlea' graphics.

Thank you grandad, I didn't fritter the money away, I made sure it changed my life forever :)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back