Do you know of a campsite for sale?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by Bryan, Jul 10, 2010.

1. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Do you know of a campsite for sale in the UK? Needs to be more than a CL or CS.

PM me if you do, and expect free camping if I subsequently buy it :thumb::Rofl1:

To see why I'm asking, see THIS THREAD :BigGrin:

Bryan

2. paulmold

paulmold Read Only Funster

3. Terry

Terry Funster

4. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

5. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

6. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Yes thanks:thumb:

Saw it, not for us I'm afraid as no time to consider etc.

Thanks, Eileen :thumb:

I have been checking the main sites (daltons etc.) but as big as the internet is, I'm sure that some won't be listed on the main agent sites.

Hoping to find a hidden gem :Wink:

Bryan

7. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

8. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Sorry, It was a particular campsite I wouldn't mind buying but on checking it won't let me copy and paste it just takes me back to the main site. The one I like is a fishery combined campsite on page 3

9. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

10. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

Not for everyone Brian 24/7 is not much fun. Loads of businesses for sale, never get rich on a CS or CL as I have said before but we both work full time as well but hoping that it will bring in a little for retirement. If you borrowed to buy a site maybe you might have to sell if its not working for you.

11. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

looked at that one, Turn over of approx 18k on a big investment does not sound good, unless of course it was an adittional income chain. To get such a lovely property with such great land, would be ace.

looked at a few of these and would really fancy something simple without hard work,,, sadly the two dont go together do they,,,

12. dylan

dylan Read Only Funster

A nice place to live with a smallish income would do us nicely and potential to expand. It would do me for a retirement project Paul :thumb:

13. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

What is the attraction to owning a camp site Bryan, no need to tell you how much work it is ...

For me it's akin to owning a pub.. sounds idyllic until you actually do it .. have you thought about working on a site for a season.. just to get a taste of it ?

Or, are you thinking on it as an investment rather than a job ?

14. Bryan

Bryan Read Only Funster

Investment or job? At the moment a painkiller/boredom induced idea...but who knows when the cheese will be moved.:Wink:

Please do expand on the amount of work, a reality check may call for more painkillers :Eeek:

15. bambi 2

bambi 2 Read Only Funster

do you know of a camp site for sale?

I can expand on the work etc. constant phone going day and night, kids chucking stones down the toilets, poo in the showers, plants and trees ripped out by kids, dogs running loose and campers complaining over it, parents expecting you to look after thier kids while they watch T.V. or sit around drinking, camper messing with our electrics and blowing the whole lot, We had a woman knock us up a 2 in the morning saying our tent has blown down come and put it up for us, :swear: I could go on and on, still want to buy a site? well be prepared for a lot of hard work and maybe a nervous breakdown, best thing we did was sell it! :BigGrin: bambi 2

16. Terry

Terry Funster

17. nomadic

nomadic Funster

Hi Bryan

0600 inspect facilities block....clean up!....replace loo rolls.....rehang shower curtains....running repairs to locks.....replace fused lamps....etc....not every day but need to be checked, as does the heating system.....and temperatures of both hot and cold water (once a month...H&S requirement.):Laughing:

0700 Unlock gates, recieve suppliers of bread, milk, paapers, bottled gas etc.:RollEyes:

0800 Open shop, sell papers and other products, accept extensions to bookings, or not as you wish. Open post, open web site, check online bookings, then see if postal bookings can be accepted, without reference back to the bookee. Breakfast on the hoof.:Rofl1:

0900 Start the days routine maintenance, grass cutting, hedge trimming, hardstanding maintenence, EHU checks, (once a month another H&S requirement) Recieve early arrivals, pitch them, spend a little time with them ensuring they are aware when the facilities block is CLOSED for cleaning, thats when they will opt for a shower!! Empty refuse bins, organise recycling of waste. Ensure all pitches vacated on this day are fit for use again, if anything needs doing, well nows the time.:Eeek:

1030 Close the facilities block until 1200 or 1230, for cleaning. (make the disabled unit available for toilet use only) This involves using a mixture of products and equipment, to avoid cross contamination, and produce a clean environment, for a few minutes at least.
    Any broken toilet seats are usually replaced at this time, yes a stock level of 20 is useful.
    When completed. you can then reopen the facility block, and clean the disabled unit.:Eek!:

Lunch on the hoof.

Recieve campers, pitch them, do they pay on arrival, or when they depart, your policy decision!! Continue with site maintenance, collect discarded rubish as you walk around, parhaps have time to pull in a little painting, before you stop for a cuppa.:Eeek:

On call now to recieve campers, attend to any problems which may arrise, check the facilities block at 1030, and lock the gate at 1100pm

Have a night cap, and wake up at 0530 ready for 0600, every day of the week.:thumb:

This covers most of the main tasks, there are others, and the tourism inspectors do not make appointments.

Hope this helps with the pain relief

Nomadic

18. haganap

haganap Funster Life Member

jesus, Bambi, reading that reminded me of a motorhomefun meet :Rofl1::Rofl1:

19. hilldweller

hilldweller Funster Life Member

Yes and next time get your fish ordering correct I had to wait ten minutes, yes you did see that correctly, 10 Minutes, for my fish and chips. Mrs Hilldweller was all for writing your a snotty reprimand. Fortunately for you she can't write.

20. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

Brian keep taking the tablets:Rofl1:

Why oh why would you want to put yourself through all that and invest all your money as well?

Chalk it up to the painkillers:Doh: