Do you keep up your standards? (1 Viewer)

PP Bear

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 5, 2013
Kent, UK
Funster No
MH
Auto Trail Dakota SE
Exp
That's easy to answer :)

Just set low standards and then you'll achieve them daily :)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
That's easy to answer :)

Just set low standards and then you'll achieve them daily :)

Haven't got that good, yet.........

Edit - any visitor reading this thread has probably drawn the conclusion that they would not want to be a member of any club that would have us as a member (thanks Groucho, one of your best....(y))

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011
We so would not get on Ian.

I dress down and act down at weekends after a week of suffering pompous gits.

Chris, we can still dress down and keep up our standards surely?(y)
But definitely have no time for pompous gits:blush:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
:giggler:Where are all the coffee drinkers who have their percolators with them, the Malt Whisky, I think some funsters do protest to much :wasntme:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
:giggler:Where are all the coffee drinkers who have their percolators with them, the Malt Whisky, I think some funsters do protest to much :wasntme:
We have two cafetieres - a single one for myself and a larger one for when we have guests. I also took a bottle of single malt on our just finished trip but not much of it was drunk :D

We also have a Sodastream so there's posh :LOL:

MHVirgins

Free Member
Aug 22, 2011
South of Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
March 2011

If it's malt whisky you're after..........look no further than our van(y)
We have two cafetieres - a single one for myself and a larger one for when we have guests. I also took a bottle of single malt on our just finished trip but not much of it was drunk :D

We also have a Sodastream so there's posh :LOL:

Graham, why wasn't there much drunk out of your malt then?:LOL: :wink:

Margaret

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 18, 2010
Norfolk.
Funster No
MH
Autotrail cheyenne
Exp
2008-20??
I think standards are the standards you are used to and find acceptable. China plates with decent food, nice wineglasses for nice wine and good whiskey goblets for good whisky , proper cutlery and a tablecloth, table laid inside for evening meals but lunch can be al fresco and more relaxed. Leaf tea in a teapot at breakfast, although we do allow bone china mugs although they are delicate and thin which is important.

We are fortunate to be able to live very well at home, we have a very nice motorhome so why should we apply different standards when using it. Bit like nice manners really. Nice manners are what make people nice to be with. Burping and farting loudly in public, eating with a mouth open or full of food, constantly looking at mobile phone in company and adopting similar low standards/poor manners show little or no respect for the others you are with and even less for themselves.
Each to their own,but

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
I think my only concession to luxury in the MH is having a pint glass for the beer instead of a plastic tumbler. I use an Apple Mac laptop in the MH, which is posher then the PC I use most of the time, and we've got satellite TV in the MH but not on the house.

I'm reminded of a campsite we stayed on in Bude a few years ago when we had the old '75 VW camper - every evening when we returned in the van from the beach, the neighbours on one side could be seen hastily hammering their windbreak along the boundary between our pitches like it was a stripey privet hedge to keep the riff-raff out. Oh how we laughed.

Jan 3, 2008
Pakefield, Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK
Funster No
MH
Looking
Exp
We so would not get on Ian.

I dress down and act down at weekends after a week of suffering pompous gits.

Chris, I might have different ways of doing things to you. Does that make me a pompous git? I am neither affected or grand, or self-important, at least I sincerely hope not.(which comes with the definition) I just like living the way I do.

If, simply because of that you think you couldn't get on with me, that's fine. I know, and have known several pompous gits and I can assure you I like them as much as you do. Must be hell to suffer them all week.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Chris, I might have different ways of doing things to you. Does that make me a pompous git? I am neither affected or grand, or self-important, at least I sincerely hope not.(which comes with the definition) I just like living the way I do.

If, simply because of that you think you couldn't get on with me, that's fine. I know, and have known several pompous gits and I can assure you I like them as much as you do. Must be hell to suffer them all week.

Sorry Ian - I certainly wasn't calling you a pompous git.

Sorry if it came across that way

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I always drink my beer straight from the can or bottle.

I am far more scruffy ( and happy) when I am in the motorhome.

We do have a tablecloth but don't faff about with flowers on the table or stuff like that.

But , you are a lawyer , I thought they were always posh everywhere :eek:
Oh , I feel better now , I can relax with my can in my hand when suited guys are about (y)

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
But , you are a lawyer , I thought they were always posh everywhere :eek:
Oh , I feel better now , I can relax with my can in my hand when suited guys are about (y)
One of the scruffiest guys I know is a QC - he simply hides everything either under his wig or his robes. job done!

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Proper crockery and glasses for wine and beer though I often drink beer out of the bottle/can unless I've remembered to chill the glass first. Cold beer in a warm glass is a nono. My after dinner port has to be in the right glass too, also brandy if I have that.

We have an espresso machine at home but the best we have in the MH is a cafetière.

I dress for dinner; I put my shirt back on so my beer belly doesn't put SWMBO of her feed.

The only one who uses plastic is Meg (dog) as her non-spill water bowl is plastic, they don't make them of anything else.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
I'm on the dog's side here. Think we will stop doing rallies, you lot are just a posh bunch of baristas with all your poncy coffee, which doubtlessly tastes refreshingly expensive....... ;)

At Malvern, we will be cowering in our van, drinking cheap wine out of plastic glasses and then trying to sober up the following day with Aldi instant coffee out of a melamine mug :blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back