Do you keep up your standards? (1 Viewer)

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Tablecloths........I find it most difficult stopping the wind blowing the sheet of newspaper away.

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
(y)
We so would not get on Ian.

I dress down and act down at weekends after a week of suffering pompous gits.
Chris, we really should meet up sometime.....;)

Each to their own, but although we drink our tea out of bone china (hate drinking out of something resembling a dog bowl, and anyway, the dog objects......), the time away in the van is "us" time, and although Dawn is always smart, the unshaven disreputable git that is with her prefers to chill and never too fussed about things (apart from the tea mugs)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
1992 VW Auto sleeper Mono
Exp
Since 2005 this time
ALRIGHT! I' m a slob, Smoking jacket, does not match the Mankini! Yes I have been told, lime green clashes with Scarlet!:doh:
The Tarboosh set at a jaunty angle does not go with the bright orange Crocs
Drinking Champers from a 1942 Marmalade jar!:crying:
Singing "nelly dean" at 0200hrs:rofl:
smothering the Chinese takeaway with tomato sauce
Yes yes yes! It's me! I'm guilty! Oh woe is me!:tounge:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
ALRIGHT! I' m a slob, Smoking jacket, does not match the Mankini! Yes I have been told, lime green clashes with Scarlet!:doh:
Drinking Champers from a 1942 Marmalade jar!:crying:
Singing "nelly dean" at 0200hrs:rofl:
smothering the Chinese takeaway with tomato sauce
You see. That etiquette, deportment and elocution course was worth it after all :LOL:

Soozywoozy

Free Member
Feb 18, 2014
Oxfordshire - edge of the cotswolds
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 704SL
Exp
2014, 2 motorhomes
Bit of both for me. All china crockery, tea cups, teapot, cafetiere, espresso cups, and coffee mugs, cocktail glasses, champagne flutes, but then I really dress down . At work I have to be suited, booted and look presentable ( I.e make up, hair done) get me in a motorhome and I am in shorts and t-shirt, flip flops/ wellies and hair not done - bliss!

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
ALRIGHT! I' m a slob,

Crocs?? Always thought that you antipodeans had no taste whatsoever - now you just proved it :whistle:

Debs

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 9, 2014
West Notts
Funster No
MH
A class Adria Vision
When motorhoming do you keep to same standards at home or lower them a tad.
When we were away beginning of June, we saw one lady change into a little black dress for evening dining outside motorhome and at another site a lovely laid table with cloth, real napkins in rings etc., I'm a slob at home, dinner on my lap while watching tele, lager from a tin but must admit to putting it in a glass while sitting outside MH.:D

Let me guess - this wasn't on a caravan club site was it? It's the only time I've seen peeps do this::bigsmile:

Life's too short, besides I don't think the dogs would like dressing for dinner:rofl:

OP
OP
big bertha
Sep 5, 2012
Scotland
Funster No
MH
East Neuk Fifer
Exp
since 2012
Loving all the replies.
Must admit to having a glass for my wine but OH ok with plastic and we both have proper mugs but plastic plates, no napkins but kitchen roll for me as I dribble a lot.(y)

Mags52

Free Member
Jun 2, 2010
Melrose Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Hymer B774
Exp
Since 2010
We were on a site in France a few years ago and met a retired lady who wore nothing but brief bikini bottoms for a week. I must admit feeling a bit embarrassed chatting to her as she strolled around the site on her way to the taps or the bins. She was a tugger - not that that is relevant really. At one point I was telling her about a nice restaurant we'd been to and she said 'we don't eat out when we're away' and as I walked away I thought it was probably wise. ;)

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time
Crocs?? Always thought that you antipodeans had no taste whatsoever - now you just proved it :whistle:

We, when relaxing, generally chewing on the occasional thigh or tibia, (the hand is the tastiest morsel, the juices collect in the palm) wear, the up market Jandels! In rainbow colours actually!

Didn't want to mention it just in case it sent the more vunerable into shock! just in case we "have" them over for lunch!

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010
We have proper wine glasses & china plates :cool: But we iz very posh like :RollEyes:

Nov 18, 2011
Planet Earth
Funster No
MH
A van
Exp
Over 25 year's
The butler has been reading this and is totally beside him self using news papers for table cloths Carole having the flowers drinking form charity shop crystal watt ever next sir he says are they all common them motor homers he says :wink:

DuxDeluxe

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 10, 2008
Planet Zog
Funster No
MH
A woosh bang van
Exp
since 2008
We, when relaxing, generally chewing on the occasional thigh or tibia, (the hand is the tastiest morsel, the juices collect in the palm) wear, the up market Jandels! In rainbow colours actually!

Didn't want to mention it just in case it sent the more vunerable into shock! just in case we "have" them over for lunch!

Red highlight - you will be cited for that. Minimum 5 game ban

Blue highlight - rainbow footwear? Whatever next (probably socks as well) - OK for Kings Cross area of Sydney but the Caravan Club will ritually strip you of your levelling blocks and drum you off a site for less....

Mind you, the mankini will doubtless help to make new friends

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
In the van I tend to be a bit of a shower skipper.

Not sure Isabel approves...

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
We try to keep certain standards but we'er in the motorhome to relax but I do draw the line of walking around with out a top on showing off the beer belly how some people think they look good with out a top is beyond me. :(

"Hey"..... Joy...... Did you read this/that ... :crying:

That`s put you in your place.... :wink::rofl:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time

Blue highlight - rainbow footwear? Whatever next (probably socks as well) - OK for Kings Cross area of Sydney but the Caravan Club will ritually strip you of your levelling blocks and drum you off a site for less....

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time

Jun 30, 2010
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2005 this time

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back