Do you have Oyster and Sky+ ? (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
If you do, how do you use it? Do you have a twin lnb or do you just use the standard one and if so how do you use the recording function etc.?

Thanks
Bryan

RuthRv

Free Member
Jan 4, 2008
Funster No
If you do, how do you use it? Do you have a twin lnb or do you just use the standard one and if so how do you use the recording function etc.?

Thanks
Bryan

Has something finally beaten your very good technical brain:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: welcome to my technofobe club::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Of course not Ruth :winky:

Just hoping to check what I know with some-one that is actually doing it :whistle:

Bryan

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

smifee

Free Member
Jun 18, 2008
chandler's ford
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
You need the twin LNB to record & watch another channel or record 2 channels.

When I had the system fitted I found I was only getting one feed to the Sky+ box despite having twin LNB.

You have to press AV or F1 on the Oyster remote depending on which one you have. That gives 2 feeds to the Sky+ box.

I also find that I need to have both feeds to get all channels on the Sky box.

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
I'm not too bothered about recording one channel and watching another - nor recording two things at once, unless of course it is simple and cheap to upgrade to twin lnb ::bigsmile:

Just want to know what I can do with one lnb, which input is best to conecct to on the sky+ box and if there is anything special to do :winky:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Hi Brains
the answer is quite simple
if your not willing to upgrade to a twin L:NB then your sky + box can only be used as a normal skybox, no recording and one channel only via LNB 1 on the back of the box, as you know I have the superior Crystop system :RollEyes:and a sky -:ROFLMAO:
Geo

N&K

Free Member
May 26, 2008
Berkshire
Funster No
MH
Swift Sundance 630L
Exp
I have been looking at buying an automatic dish for our SKY+ box, Oyster etc

I've been told the Kathrein’s system as twin LNB but the dish uses one of the LNB to alignment purposes, so this is no good for sky+

Right now we have a standard 43cm sky dish and a tripod which we use with the SKY+ HD box. One of the 2 inputs is used for the EPG and the other for the second recording as previously mentioned.

I am buying the Crystop dish, i recommend RoadPro .I contacted many vendors on this topic, some replied, some didnt, but I have exchanged many mails with Andrew Harris of RoadPro on the topic of SKY+ and automatic dishes. These guys really know their stuff!

N&K

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2008
Highworth
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 85
Hi Brian
Just had sky plus hd fitted to our van.If you only have a single feed lnb as you say you cannot do 2 at once but it is an easy set up,connect the sat feed to input 2 then go into settings and select single feed.Hope this helps.

Pete:thumb:

andycotterell

Free Member
Apr 13, 2009
Europe-wide
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
You can still record using a single feed to a Sky+ box, but it takes some extra planning.
Anything that's scheduled to record will default to the feed that you're not watching (i.e. the one that doesn't exist) so you'll get a failed recording. To get around this you need to schedule a recording that you don't need to start before the one that you actually want to make, so that the Sky+ box will be forced to use your live feed. Hope this makes sense.

dshague

Free Member
Aug 22, 2007
Funster No
MH
VAN CONVERSION
Exp
20 years
off topic if any one wants a nearly new camos dome then contact rob on 07800591216
he wants £800 plus fitting charge if you want in fitting.
rob as just been today and fitted a camos plus for me ,he is recommended by roadpro.
did a first class job today.:thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back