Do you have a set of windblocker sunshades? (1 Viewer)

reader

Free Member
Apr 27, 2011
IO83rk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Brilliant idea Bryan, I use a pole through the bottom loops with just two pegs but as you rightly say a heavy wind could make a mess of the loops whereas the the bungies will flex.

For those with inbuilt awnings which have no proper place for the poles to wedge against, Lillypad offer some plastic caps which you stick to each side of the awning for the pole ends to rest in. Great idea until the adhesive gets too hot and moves. I am about to resort to no2 essential tool (Araldite) in hope that this will remain secure. I was going to use essential tool no1 (superglue) until someone suggested this might not be brilliant on the smooth plastic.

I am open to suggestions if anyone else with these red cap thingies has resolved the problem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Great Idea Bryan but fataly flawed:Eeek:
1, When its very windy the bungees stretch to such a degree that the cutains acualy bellow into what was "your space" and is now nothing more than storage for bellowing curtains:Doh:
2. OK only put them up when its mildly blowing, do that and you dont need the bungees:Doh:
3. Only put em up when its not windy at all, do that and you dont need the wind blockers or the bungees:Doh:
see where this is going Bryan
however to critisise without an alternative is rude
My solution
Marine Ply 5/8ths 8x4 sheets:thumb:
All we need from you now is to solve the transport and storage problem, (Without using bungees):winky:
Geo

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Geo. Do you recommend paint or varnish to protect the marine ply?
You dont half get some Daft questions on ere:RollEyes:
It obviouly depends on weather(pun and spelling Intended) you intend your new windblocker to blend in with exterior colour shemes or the interior wood work
Silly Boy:Doh:
Geo

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
I have started manufacturing blocker panels and I use bungee loops at the bottom to peg them in. I have tested them in various wind and rain conditions and have had a fiamma rafter break before the bungees or panel are damaged.

Here is a photo of a panel in use.
Awningcombined.jpg

Here are a number of poles I have tested For hanging the sides.
Notice the Fiamma which broke the easiest!
brokenpoles.jpg

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
Hi! Jezport, which of the poles that you have tested would you reccommend.

Cabbyshack

It would depend on how much you want to pay. However there are a couple which are good which stand up to strong winds.

The cheapest clothes props are very strong but can sag a little in the middle but for £2.00 to £3.00 they are great value for money.

Some of the cheaper £6.00 to £10.00 twist lok extending decorators poles are very good, they will take strong wind and apart from the occasional plastic collar breaking (cosmetic only) they also offer great value for money and do the job well. Avoid very cheap decorators poles as the very cheap ones tend to fail.

The best is the round omnistor pole, but IHMO they are not worth the extra cash compared to the decorators poles.

The one to avoid is the flat Fiamma rafter as they can fail in gentle wind.

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
windblocker sunshades?

I do not know about the sunglasses but swmbo says I deffo need a windblocker:ROFLMAO:

Cabbyshack

Free Member
Aug 31, 2011
Sudbury Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Three Years
windblockers

Thanks Jezport, I'll keep a look out.

Cabbyshack

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Geo. Do you recommend paint or varnish to protect the marine ply?
You dont half get some Daft questions on ere:RollEyes:
It obviouly depends on weather(pun and spelling Intended) you intend your new windblocker to blend in with exterior colour shemes or the interior wood work
Silly Boy:Doh:
Geo
Course the question was daft. It would be too shocking to get a sensible question from me wouldn't it?

Anyhow, I've worked out it has to be exterior doesn't it - it wouldn't work (not wood work) if it was interior surely.

When your outsides in and your downsides up, your upsides right (rightside up)
Yeah, don't it make you wanna twist and shout
When you're inside out

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back