Do you have a Great Garage Storage Idea? (1 Viewer)

Delboyarapaho

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 17, 2013
Herts UK
Funster No
MH
Carthago Liner for T
Exp
Since 2013
I made something that has a similar effect as Scattycat's shelf. Mine is more like a "table" (sorry don't have a picture) built into the garage. allows plenty storage underneath and a little more then 8 inches above (probably about 18"). that is the size of shelf I think we will best use. The "table" can slide right over to the left or right door (if I remove all the crap that normally sits in those places - BBQ, hotplate on one side and two folding electric bikes on the other)) but the sliding is necessary to enable access to the cupboards that are mounted on the rear bulkhead. so the table is probably about 4 foot wide in the garage and fills most of the available space fwd to rear (width of the door). Better with a picture will try and attach one when I next get to the vehicle. Good luck

Feb 4, 2016
West Sussex, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B680 Starline
Exp
Long term a few years now.
I must have a clear out , my garage is just everything stuffed in and jumbled . I curse to my self every time i open the door :(

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Been moho’ing for a time now
I'm a retired electrician, so over the years I've collected old FP200 cable drum/reels (red fire alarm cable) which I'm sure you could obtain from a local electrical contractor, two of these I'v fixed to the rear panel in the "garage" of my Mercedes Hymer B680. I use them storing the water hose and the electrical hook up cables, much tidier and out of the way, pics to follow. There are various other "reels" you could use and of course various sizes to suit your needs.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

travelling wilbury

Free Member
Mar 27, 2016
somerset
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline i138
Exp
since 2009
image.jpeg
looking for some of these but cant seem to find any on ebay etc...

Mr Mousy

Funster
LIFE MEMBER
Sep 9, 2013
Llanelli
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840
Exp
First moho 11/2013, second 11/2014 current from 09/2019.
I'm a retired electrician, so over the years I've collected old FP200 cable drum/reels (red fire alarm cable) which I'm sure you could obtain from a local electrical contractor, two of these I'v fixed to the rear panel in the "garage" of my Mercedes Hymer B680. I use them storing the water hose and the electrical hook up cables, much tidier and out of the way, pics to follow. There are various other "reels" you could use and of course various sizes to suit your needs.

Looking forward to the photos as this sounds a great idea.
@bigalw35

Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
Looking forward to the photos as this sounds a great idea.
@bigalw35

the piccies I'm posting today are the plan "A" pics, although this weren't a bad idea, I'm now into plan "B", what I intend to do is remove the cable reels and make a sort of bolt on spindle to screw to the wooden backboard, and then slide the reels onto them, that way I can wind the cable/hose in rather than wind it up around the reels, more pics to follow,

watch this spacex:-)

P1270090.JPG
P1270091.JPG

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
They are the same as were supplied with our Hymer. Used to be able to find them on ebay (I was thinking of getting some more earlier in the year) but can't see them anymore.

When I saw yours in France Peter, I've been trying to source some ever since but haven't found any yet...!

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Do you store the PG Tips in the garage ?
No No they go in a kitchen cupboard, everything it its place and all that.

I get it thought tandem/PG tips, you were careful not to mention the monkeys riding it I see.

Martin

Feb 3, 2013
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
ENC Fifer Touring M
Exp
Since the 90's
I use an old cargo net attached to the roof of my garage to store the internal and external screens when not in use.

For the Bromptons I use a couple of Thule tie down straps to stop them moving about and for the chairs and table I just bungee them to the bulkhead wall.

Pete

garage1.JPG
garage2.JPG
garage3.JPG

Attachments

• garage3.JPG
    garage3.JPG
    249.9 KB · Views: 4
Oct 13, 2016
Grays - Essex - UK
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer B680
Exp
the piccies I'm posting today are the plan "A" pics, although this weren't a bad idea, I'm now into plan "B", what I intend to do is remove the cable reels and make a sort of bolt on spindle to screw to the wooden backboard, and then slide the reels onto them, that way I can wind the cable/hose in rather than wind it up around the reels, more pics to follow,

watch this spacex:-)

View attachment 137010 View attachment 137011

my original idea was not bad, BUT, it had it's problems, winding the hook up cable was not too much of a problem, but the hose was, the kinks had to be twisted out, so,

the center of the reels was about the same size as gutter down pipes, so I cut two lengths to suit the reels as spindles, I then got some 8mm threaded rod and some nuts/washers, cut the threaded rod a little longer than the down pipes and bolted them to some alloy plate I had, I then screwed the plate to the wooden rear and mounted the reels on the "spindles", I now just roll the cable and the hose back on to it's respective reel, there's a couple of pics of the first installation method, then the second installation. You'll see that I've made end caps out of alloy to hold the reels on the spindle, and cut some blue foam to act as buffers for the reels, in the end centers of the spindles I inserted aerosol paint can tops, just to hold the spindle secure while I mounted the reels, the sections on the outer edges of the spindle are more down pipe, cut and glued just to make up the size, any better ideas would be greatly appreciated, piccies below;

P1270090.JPG
P1270090.JPG
P1270091.JPG
P1270215.JPG
P1270216.JPG
P1270217.JPG
P1270218.JPG
P1270219.JPG
P1270249.JPG
P1270248.JPG
P1270250.JPG

Zepp

Free Member
Jun 22, 2008
Roaming
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
7 Years
Also found this Germany company who deliver Im still trying to find my way around there website we are looking into it for the new van . Big time garage envy when we see all these german and dutch vans with storage systems fitted :D2

http://www.idea-regale.de/

Carthago-Flyer-Vorne2016-e1481805150730.jpg
Flyer-2-fach-gelb-S1-2016-e1481804928164.jpg

Nov 6, 2013
S. Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
The usual
Exp
Since the beginning
Also found this Germany company who deliver Im still trying to find my way around there website we are looking into it for the new van . Big time garage envy when we see all these german and dutch vans with storage systems fitted :D2

http://www.idea-regale.de/

View attachment 146529 View attachment 146530

Get yourself down to an electrical wholesaler and ask to see Unistrut - which is very similar to the framework that German company are selling.
Unistrut will be a lot cheaper, more adaptable and almost certainly a lot stronger - and won't attract "motorhome tax" ;)

Unistrut website:
http://www.unistrut.co.uk/index.php?M1=Support Systems&M2=Single and Double Channel&#M1

Google Piccies:
Broken Link Removed

Chipster

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 15, 2013
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Getting there!
Maybe ally profile would be lighter? Something like this?-