Do we need additinal transport to enjoy motor homing (1 Viewer)

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
In the uk... mostly we take two bikes and my wife drives the Yaris independently.

More akin to caravanning....but with a motorhome and no towing..........but we like it . Sometimes we leave the car at home.

barry

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
The best thing about motorhoming is you have the choice. When touring we dont bother taking any other form of transport, but when overwintering or long staying we take either the Sandrail or the Smarty. Some say that you dont need any other form of transport, but try topping up the beer fridge with a carrier bag when you have to carry it half a mile :Doh:.
I used to carry a Solex, but JJ relieved me of the last one :thumb:. I now carry one or the other of these ::bigsmile:

Attachments

• Joyner 650 Buggy 002.jpg
    Joyner 650 Buggy 002.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Smarty 001.jpg
    Smarty 001.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 12
Aug 7, 2007
Dundee
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 195
Exp
since 1975
car

We either take our wee Fiat Cinquecento or our Mk1 Mx5 (depends on the time of the year)
Wife and I had a bad motorcycle accident 10 years ago which left us both walking disabled ! (my wife was in a wheelchair for 7 of those years)
As we cant walk very far we take a car which in turn lets us visit those places that others can go too.
Usually go to France/Spain as we find that it is much more car and trailer friendly, more so than some UK ones who want a small fortune to park it alongside the motorhome despite me pointing out that many large twin axled vans and huge 4x4 + awning takes us far more room than we do.
So if that's the case we move on to somewhere else.
Try to book ahead so that I do not fall out at the site reception. Worst offenders are the Caravan Club and the CCC !!
Even with the cost of the ferry it's still usually cheaper going to France !! :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back