Do these rooflights come apart? (1 Viewer)

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Got up on the van roof today to complete cleaning the 'green bits' surrounding the roof lights. I wanted to clean the clear panels themselves, but they are double-skinned to allow air flow and I can't get anything in there - even a bottle washer brush. (See pics)

Do they come apart? I'm reluctant to take them off as they are sprung-loaded and I fear a BOING with springs everywhere and can't get them back!

Any ideas?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 90
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 81
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 76
Apr 26, 2014
Thornton Cleveleys
Funster No
MH
2004 Bessacarr E735
Exp
3 years
They look like the ones we had on our caravan and if they are undo four screws that go through the handle and then if you look up into handle you will see four more screws. Undo these and they come apart. No springs to worry about.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

rolandrat

Free Member
Jan 5, 2013
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Roof lights are ok until they seize up. It's always best to lubricate the moving parts occasionally with silicone lubricant similar to the toilet slide.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
wingman

wingman

Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Thanks all and @Tom A. I saw those screws, but they are a bugger to get at. Mind you, I was trying to squint up at them with bright sun pouring in!

Looks like there's a slot in the handle assembly to facilitate access to the screws. I noticed the screws when I was looking downwards from the roof.

Prob need a long thin screwdriver and just trust that the perspex 'spiggot' that they screw in to doesn't break. Will take it easy and won't give the screws to many Isaccs! Will give it a try when I get the chance and report back.

Cheers
James

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back