Do the Caravan Club Care.....?

Discussion in 'Motorhome Chat' started by callumwa, Dec 13, 2011.

1. callumwa

callumwa Read Only Funster

Do you think the Caravan Club have been looking in on some of FUN's recent threads.....

Just received this e-mail, as I guess most CC members will have done, apparently they want to know what we think....

please add thecaravanclub@emails.caravanclub.co.uk to your address book.

We’d like to know what you think

Dear Mr .....,

We'd love to hear what you've got to say about your stay on our sites, or pass on any hints and tips to fellow members about your towcar, caravan or motorhome.

In the New Year we'll be launching some new website pages, giving our members the opportunity to provide reviews and we'd like you to be amongst the first to get the ball rolling.

Just click the online form button below and tell us about your experience.

Anything you'd like to say about our sites or your outfits would be very helpful to us and other members so we're looking forward to reading your reviews.

Thank you in advance for your time and keep watching our website in the New Year to see your review and other exciting developments.

Kind regards
    The Caravan Club

Online form
    THE CARAVAN CLUB
    This email is sent from the offices of The Caravan Club, a company limited by guarantee (Company Number: 00646027).

Question is, do you think they will listen to the replies?.....:RollEyes:

2. Larrynwin

Larrynwin Funster

I also have one and will respond, if we dont they certainly can't listen :Smile:

3. EJB

EJB Read Only Funster

Me too:Smile:

4. reader

reader Funster

SWMBO has just finished replying to it

5. jhorsf

jhorsf Read Only Funster

I think the clue is in the name Caravan Club and yes they care about profit not about the members

• Like Like x 3
  6. Mags52

Mags52 Funster

The questionnaire doesn't give any opportunity to review the club, only sites, cars, caravans and motorhomes. Hopeless. I wanted to talk about the booking system and the attitude of some of the wardens.

• Like Like x 4
  7. Jim

Jim Ringleader

8. f6c

f6c Funster

Caravan Club

Yep I Got One Today & O Boy I Went To Town!
    But Will They Listen?:Wink:

9. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

but thats the ONLY day they'll take any money......all the slots will be fully booked by those with no, or little, intention of arriving.

10. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

be very careful chaps, if you want to remain a member of that organisation ..

Keep in mind what happened to me because I complained about spam mails !!!!

I was blackballed and told in a letter that I 'had complained too vociferously ( I mailed them almost daily asking them to stop sending spam,, never rude, never obnoxious .. hellova strain for me ... but in the end they said they would remove me from the membership list and gave the above reason

After that i realised what a lucky escape I had had.. Could now write a book of all the crappy things the Caravan Club has done to folk I know and how they use their position for one purpose.. to take as much money from the members as possible for as little return as possible

• Like Like x 4
  11. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Do They Care, will they listen ?

Frankly, not really bothered ..

I am a member for the sole purpose of having access to a great network of almost 3,000 CLs, the closest thing we have to the Aires and I certainly don't begrudge the annual fee of £40.. I reckon it is good value for money ..

Don't care much for club sites as I prefer a more relaxed ambience.. that said the sites are well run with facilities second to none.. many in locations of outstanding natural beauty.

The one at North Ledaig is good example.. set on the loch shore with stunning views.. we had a holiday there with the RV.. huge pitches, great access and very friendly wardens.. well worth a visit .. see map CLICK

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steveutwg

Steveutwg Read Only Funster

CC like or detest

We just had a visit from the CC, they would like us to join the CL side. We found the inspector to be a nice person, very helpful, they can even save us a fortune on liability insurance, so not all bad, as site owners at least it gives us more campers to come and stay!

As the only CL on the isle of sheppey it's a bonus, but we don't want to be told what to do, after all it's us who have spent all this money setting the site up, when we told them the pitch price per night, they said we are far too cheap, there is a recession on you know!

In one way they could help with more campers to use the site, in another we find it a bit off putting them saying everyone who comes has to be a member of the CC, the jury is still out, not so sue the CC way is the best way!:RollEyes:

13. motorhomelover

motorhomelover

i would not change my mind toward the CC as they do have an anti RV policy at many club sites
    york roundtree park being just one of them with Hitler wardens i would join an anti caravan club group if one was set up
    so NO i do not think they will give a shit what any of us think they are to big for their own good now :Doh:

14. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

Ok............
    Find that really a bit odd
    More than 84% of the mobile community ( as in vans and tuggers and based on THEIR figures) are NOT members so will not be able to use your site.... and you find that only a bit off putting !

Have a look to see what the C & C C has to offer, plus of course become a MFCL.. plus get listed in the Motorcarvan club tome .. plus not have the really weird situation of not having to turn folk away including Funsters :thumb:

15. GJH

GJH Funster Life Member

Haven't seen the questionnaire as our membership is in Jill's name and haven't asked here is she has received the e-mail. So, just a few general observations.

The Caravan Club is a big business and the directors would be failing their shareholders (members) if they failed to manage it other than as a big business.

Like any business the CC must take note of its shareholders (members). As mentioned the other day on another thread any member can attempt to obtain support to raise matters they wish to be changed at an AGM. If they can't get enough support then maybe they need to realise that they happen to be in a minority.

Like any business, nobody is forced to trade with the CC either as a member, employee or CL owner. If we don't like them we can go elsewhere and ignore them.

From a personal point of view I've never had any problem with any warden nor found any anti-motorhome bias.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Jaws

Jaws Funster Life Member

As much as I am down on the C C ( for obvious reasons ! :Wink: ) I would agree completely with all those who have said the wardens are, in general nice people.

During the 1.3 years I was a member we stayed at 3 or 4 sites and although regimented we never had one issue or complaint agin the folk actually on the sites :thumb:

Perhaps the big nobs around the boardroom table should get out there with a broom and lawnmower for a while. They may just change for the better then :thumb:

• Like Like x 1
  17. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

From a personal point of view I've never had any problem with any warden nor found any anti-motorhome bias.[/QUOTE]

Try booking a ferry with them, car and caravan alway's cheaper than a Motorhome same length or even shorter propper rob dog's :Eeek:

18. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

as I understand it, the Club are only booking agents and do not set the prices.

There are occasions when an operator has a 'deal' whereby caravans go free .. so in effect it may look as if they are penalising the motorhome.. ie.. car+caravan cheaper than motorhome because the car is shorter than the mh.

19. DESCO

DESCO Read Only Funster

Jim have to agree very good site but it does not belong to CC it is a private site run under contract, no CC staff employed, hence the difference.

20. chesterfield hooligan

chesterfield hooligan Funster

yes I do agree but when booked with the ferry co's direct why is it cheaper than CC that is why I for one will not renew my membership they are only in it for the cash not the membership :Eeek: