Do I need an inverter? (1 Viewer)

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Also bear in mind that if you have two leisure batteries in parallel only half the current is drawn from each battery so your 100A draw is only 50A from each battery. If you've half a dozen batteries like some on here it will only be 16.6A per battery which is peanuts.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
Terminal voltage as a measure of SoC, but, yes, very short bursts will be ok, but these should typically be less than 30-60 seconds imho.

The battery's actual capacity in amp-hours is quoted at a certain discharge rate, so the 200AH example quoted above will be given at a discharge rate which suits the battery, typically very low. At significantly higher discharge rates, the capacity is much lower depending on something called the Peukert's number for the battery which depends on how the battery is put together, but typically a system with capacity 200AH with 1 amp draw might easily be only around 80AH with 100 amp draw.

Please correct me if I am wrong but what does measuring the terminal voltage under a heavy load tell you, surely state of charge is when a heavy load is removed and the terminal voltage is more stable, the terminal voltage of my batteries might be 12 volts when the inverter is running something but this does not mean they are flat as they go back to 12.7 volts when the load is removed.

Martin

R

Robert Clark

Deleted User
Coffee? COFFEE? I thought you only drink wine :eek: ;);) haha
No, a good espresso coffee is my favourite drink of the day.
Improved only with a piece of chocolate and a shot of dark rum

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
So all the coffee arguments are beside the point.

A. I dont drink tea, ever!
B. I love my tassimo machine at home and would never go back to messy loose coffee
C. the tassimo machine (bought yesterday) was on offer at £40 instead of £100. Done deal.

Went the whole hog and bought a toaster too! (new MH doesn't have a grill, only an oven) can't manage a Sunday morning without crumpets!

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
So all the coffee arguments are beside the point.

A. I dont drink tea, ever!
B. I love my tassimo machine at home and would never go back to messy loose coffee
C. the tassimo machine (bought yesterday) was on offer at £40 instead of £100. Done deal.

Went the whole hog and bought a toaster too! (new MH doesn't have a grill, only an oven) can't manage a Sunday morning without crumpets!

So that's an invertor or EHU for you now then :rolleyes:

Apr 9, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Not convinced about an Inverter and the extra batteries, so Coffee is made using an Aeropress and toasted crumpets using a Highlander folding grill, the hair dryer is still an issue but resisting her demands so far.

funflair

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 11, 2013
Guisborough
Funster No
MH
MORELO palace
Exp
since 2012
How long do you think you can hold out though, it will all be more expensive by the time you give in.

Martin

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
the hair dryer is still an issue but resisting her demands so far.

Window.................... open....................50mph......................head out................. ;)

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983

Ah, fond memories;
...............................I remember being unable to manage a Saturday night without crumpet!

OP
OP
GeebeeJaybee

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
now they have you by the goolies, @ 40p a pod, they should give them away :eek:

I'll stick with making proper coffee .. not some fancy girlie thing ;)
16p a pod actually - you just have to know where to get them from! Plus I am a girlie

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back