Free Member
Aug 11, 2013
Plymouth UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Compact
Exp
Since 2015
having been considering upgrading my van radio, this seems to tick all the boxes. ( DAB radio, Bluetooth streaming, phone connection, reversing camera connection) I am particularly interested in people's views with regard to the Motorhome satnav element and the ability to input the size of the vehicle. How well does this work? Does it generally keep you away from difficulties?

Regards

Chris

ambulancekidd

Funster
Sep 23, 2014
Ayrshire Scotland
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki 640
Exp
Since 1964 Gosh that makes me feel old.
I've ran the previous model (non DAB) for the last two years & its a quality unit. Expensive though, but you can see where the money has been spent & the backup is top notch. Sat Nav is very good which surprised me as I'd previously had a Garmen satnav & thought it was a poor show, but in the Kenwood is comes to life.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Very easy to use. Easy to input all your data and set up your profile - which it asks you to confirm every time you start up. I haven't been able to update any Garmin maps yet, but maybe there just aren't any yet. Only 8 months old. Good sound radio - DAB aerial sticks on the windscreen and via phone, which picks up automatically and annoyingly sometimes. Great features allow for personalising the screen, but bit of a faff as it is quite sensitive to the touch screen. The SatNav side seems to have failed me once, when it took me down a very narrow road and over 3 x 3.5 T weight limit bridges. In the New Forest, which I know well, I was driving along my normal route, when the SatNav informed me of a low bridge. Never considered this before in a car, so it does work. It also tells you width restriction in the forest of 6'6", but you still use them roads. I would like steering wheel controls, unsure whether you can use them or not or if you can add them retrospectively. Great reversing camera with good features.

Zigisla

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 24, 2015
Gosport, Hants
Funster No
MH
Sunlight A72
Exp
Getting better month by month.
Another good point is that it will give you YOUR permitted speed limit on a particular road and pings at you when you go over this. So works out the 30, 50, 70 etc. For you.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back