LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Following yet another question about Sog units and my telling the poster to search for my DIY sog I tried finding the post only to see it does not find it so here goes -- the pics tell how and what to use but the 2 bay fans were changed for one 3 1/2 in comp fan -easy to do and about a hours work inc coffee ::bigsmile:
terry

Attachments

• Photo-0003.jpg
    Photo-0003.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 323
  • Photo-0004.jpg
    Photo-0004.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 311
  • Photo-0005.jpg
    Photo-0005.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 310
  • Photo-0006.jpg
    Photo-0006.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 300

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Are you saying DIY as in fitting a bought kit or you made up the kit ?

It looks every bit as good as the kit I paid £100 for. I thought it was pretty good value, all the bits were so well make and fitted perfectly.

The only pain in the bum is fitting the micro-switch, a bit on the fiddly side.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Terry

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)

It looks every bit as good as the kit I paid £100 for. I thought it was pretty good value, all the bits were so well make and fitted perfectly.

Hi Brian -Diy as in making up and fitting all for nothing made from stuff in the garage or got from mates /skip. :thumb:Took 6 weeks to gather all the bits simply because I wanted/refused to pay for anything.The pipes are made from bath overflow pipe which I had but only one end so I had to wait until mate fitted another bath hence 6 weeks ::bigsmile: then I needed a 4ins blanking plate to fit the slimline light switch box what took a couple of weeks before my sparkie mate called at my house :winky:My other mate got the comp fans then we were ready to fit --and yes the micro switch was a pain at first until we hit on super glueing it in place and then screwing which took the fidling about out of the job :thumb:
I could have bought the couple of bits I was missing for less than a fiver and got stright on with it but the whole challenge was to do it for nothing,other than a mug of coffee for mates as they called and dropped off the bits and tried to explain exactly what I intended to make :ROFLMAO:::bigsmile:
It all came about from the dark sides Vicadicdoc who made one up from bits and a bought in-line SOG fan (£36) who also sent me links to the sog fitting web site.
Still working fine after 6 yrs -ish :thumb:
terry

Sep 12, 2012
Wengen
Funster No
MH
A/S Broadway EL 2021
Exp
Since 2010

If it's a pain in the bum I reckon you may have fitted the switch in the wrong position!
(It's not supposed to be in contact with your nether regions)
:winky:

LaMB

Free Member
Jun 15, 2012
Boston
Funster No
MH
Frankia i 640 SD
Exp
Since 2012
All I bought was the switch (£1.95), the fan (£1.68) and the filter (£2.25)(£6.75 divided by 3, for 3 lots); I didn't have any useful mates. lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back