Free Member
Oct 13, 2008
Small EU backwater
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2007
My van is 5.65m long and we have decided to fit roof aircon which will be a DIY installation (including cutting the hole in the roof).

I need to keep the weight down as the fit will be right over the rear axle

It will be powered on the move by the Dometic DC kit #2

My choice is down to either the 2kw Waeco Easycool or the Dometic B1500s

I am looking for max cooling efficiency, ability to start the thing on hook up and most of all very low noise.

Can anyone offer any comments or suggest any alternative units?

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
In case you havent seen it
Taken from another forum
waco

I was just sorting out my "receipt draw" and found the one for the 12v 2kW unit we had fitted to our large Knaus 3 years ago ...... the unit was very expensive and did not seem to be very effective and needed the cab air con on as well to reduce internal temperatures. It could not be left on 12v without the engine running as it would flatten the 110AH Battery in less then 12 minutes. It was so poor that we let it go with the van

Another comment

Quiet in operation compared to a dometic one we had fitted on a previous m/h, the remote control and timer settings are very useful gadgets too, very pleased with the fitting, and you can also take it with you when changing 'vans Link Removed

and another

I fit them at our dealers and they have a volume adjustment for varying van sizes, dead easy to fit as lang as the roof can support 18kg the frame that clamps to the skylight opening is steel and i actually think that it makes the area stronger. bad point is the type of seal used to seal to the roof, big piece of rubber with poor double side tape so when you lift up it can sometimes come loose and cause a lot of bad words. i now double up with sikaflex 512,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back