Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Just Sikaflex for me...
Fitted a panel on my previous van and still all ok when I sold it 4 years later..
My current van has an 80w panel, self made aluminium angle brackets (4) and again held down with just Sikaflex, 24,000 miles over 3 years. Many of those miles bumping around Morocco, so a good testing there.... :xThumb:

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
i fitted mine by screwing to the roof self tap screws not to long and then loads of sealant i would never trust sealant on its own i bolted the roof brackets to the panel then i used 20mm plastic conduit (round white) to run my cables i needed to go across the roof i also put on a round conduit box for access fron the roof for the cables and everything was thoroughly seals and never had any leaks

I was thinking that myself until I remembered that they araldite aircraft wings on.:xdoh::)

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If your van is like ours and has roof bars of some sort attach one end to those and a couple of corner brackets at tother end glued sown with sikoflex.
Entry glands for the cables can be got from most electrical wholsale places for about a fiver :)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Our van (chausson flash 10 )is supposedly wired for a panel but can't find any details sounds like it would help a lot

musson

Free Member
Dec 25, 2013
grantham
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since Jan 2014
Hi i fitted mine using just sikaflex, screw brackets to solar panel frame with self tappers,mark out were you want to fit on roof with masking tape,clean roof/brackets with alcohol wipe or something that leaves no residue,put sikaflex on panel brackets (i put more that needed and wiped excess off I left mine couple days before in moved van depends on weather) push lightly on to roof and clean of excess,mark off were you want to fit cables through roof (mine goes through near control panel if you are going straight to regulator then battery you can fit same side as batteries) Thread cables through aero gland drill roof ,thread cables through (i put sikaflex over cable under aero gland onto roof just me being over carefull) again clean roof sikaflex aero gland press onto roof clean of excess tighten glands (i put sikafex where gland tightened up around cables) Inside run the cables to your regulator (wire up as instructions with regulator) make sure you fit fuse in battery lines. test by checking regulator charging lights (can check batteries with multi meter)
Some MH have control panel you can wire into a regulated supply
My panel is 100watt fitted with 20 amp regulator some people may do it different but worked for me.

Paul

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
will a self tapping 6inch screw help fitting one on.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back