Ditching the 'Newbie' L plates (1 Viewer)

Sunrise Explorer

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Portsmouth area
Funster No
MH
VW Nexa Pop-up van
Exp
2years
After a one year apprenticeship I feel i've earned the right to get rid of my 'Newbie' status . I no longer drive over my chocks when levelling up, always remember to disconnect the EHU before departing. Occasionally I still get the contents of my fridge joining me in the driving seat on sudden braking or tight cornering. All the rattles en route have been identified and remedied. The toilet cassette and I have come to an understanding. No longer do I get into a panic when the GPS takes me down the ever width-decreasing country lane, my three point turns are now a work of art - livestock in the adjacent fields look on in admiration, pieces of 5 barred gates adorn my front and rear. However the best bit of the apprenticeship were lessons and tips learned from meeting up with Funsters on the rallies i've attended. Jesse and I have loved them all ( she's the Staffie, not the wife). Now with all this experience i've gained I realise that this van is not for us, it's size is wasted on just us two so it's up for sale in the 'Classified' ads. We now know exactly, exactly ( I lie) what our next van is going to be and are spending many happy hours looking for it. See you at our next rally.:Smile:

Brisey

Deceased RIP
Sep 4, 2007
Sutton on Sea
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2003
Good luck with your search Eddie, look forward to seeing you with your new van.

Brisey

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Good Luck with your search for the new van, does sound as it you are getting the hang of it. :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Getting there all bar the levelling, an experienced motorhomer picks a level spot in the first place. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I'm down in your neck of the woods next week for a few days.

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi from just across the solent, I've been doing it (m/hing that is) a lot longer than you, 30 odd years or so, and like a doctor I'm still practicing ( hope I get it right one day). Hope you find the motorhome thats right for you .
:rain: Terry:rain:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
from experience, the day after you reckon you now know it all is the day something new and unexpected bites you on the bum:ROFLMAO:

We've been motorhoming and caravanning for donkeys years but still learning as we go along. if life was all mapped out in a book and we were all perfect, then what would be the fun in that? :ROFLMAO:

some of the best lessons I've ever learnt were from things I thought I already knew about. like nobody seems to tell you about leaving the toilet shutter just a tiny bit open when driving up into the mountains till its too late:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back