Disneyland Paris In August (1 Viewer)

Nov 30, 2008
Southampton
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt autoroller 700
Exp
on and off 20 years
Hi we are off to France in August for 3 weeks and are thinking of going to Disney on the way back.

Has anyone been then? I'm keen to know what sort of of time we may have to wait for for rides as I have a family of three aged 12,8 and 6. I'm thinking of parking up at Disney and buying the annual passport tickets so we can go back at the end of the year and early next year.

Any help and advice would be gratefully recieved. Many thanks - Richard:thumb:

spannermanwigan

Free Member
May 22, 2008
wigan, lancs
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 1973
might i make a suggestion try EUROPA PARK at RUST in germany as an alternative to disney
our 13year old daughter enjoyed it far more. we have done both. cleaner nicer less exspensive has own motorhome parking attatched which is themed on wild west.personaly not keen on theme parks but found this one very good. we found it by accident last year whilst travelling south through germany.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

meanders

Funster - Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Jun 28, 2008
Ipswich, Suffolk
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Since 2004
Disneyland is very busy during August, but if you buy annual tickets it allows you to go in 2 hours earlier, only some of the rides are open at this time but it does enable you to be first in the queue at opening time for fastpasses.

We have been several times in August and usually spent 2-3 days so you could plan where you want to go on each day to miss the worst queues eg when the parades are on.

Parking for motorhomes is now 20euros so an annual pass is good because you get free parking, but you need the dream passport to get the best deal,including discounts in shops & cafes and 365 day admission.

There are toilets & showers at the parking area ( ignore the coach drivers only sign) but they are closed between 7 & 8am each day and the cleaners come round in the early hours which can be noisy.

Hope this helps

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
It will be very busy in the height of their peak period.

Avoid Saturday and Sunday if you can as these days will be even worse.

If you are going to be there for more than 4 days in a year then the annual pass is very much worthwhile. The free parking itself can cover the cost of one of the passes.

Have a look at the levels of passes and what they offer

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/planning/booking/annual-passports/

along with the block out days

http://www.dlrpmagic.com/calendar/annual-passport-blockouts/

This will help you decide which one will suit you best for the price you want to pay. For us, the Fantasy ones were more than good enough mainly as we go for longer periods out of peak times (April / May / October).

You can queue for a while to get your annual passes, so if you can plan it right, get there mid / late afternoon on the first day. You can then go to the guest facilities instead of the ticket booths and pay for the annual passes. This then gives you a voucher to go in the park to the Annual Pass office and get your passes sorted when the queues have died down. You can then have a wander around and find where the fast pass ticket booths are so you are prepared on your first full day in the park.

This way took a lot of the hassle out of it for us as you don't spend the first half day just trying to get in and your passes sorted.

Loddy

Free Member
Jul 5, 2008
south west
Funster No
MH
RV C class
Exp
4+ 30 years tugging
Full of kids in august I would avoid it:Doh:

loddy

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
We went in august last year. We did it for the kids, once done never again.

Queue's were immense and actually the rides were very disappointing, if you get the fast passes you spend the whole day looking at your watch and the times on the passes... and what a rip off.
Take your own food and drinks in, inside the park its all vastly overpriced poor quality fast food and the restaurant prices are just a joke.
We were not impressed. The kids enjoyed Bagatelle near Le Touquet and Bellewarde just over the Belgium border, much more and want to go back to those parks rather than Eurodisney.
They had more fun rides, especially for younger kids as well as some good rides for bigger kids particularly at Bellewarde...

It's one of those things you gotta do once, for the kids, but once is more than enough and we all normally enjoy theme parks, but this was a marketing rip off of the highest order.

The kids enjoyed going up the Eiffel tower much much more...

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
disney

HI Richard
We as a family must have been 15 times or more in the last 8 years all but one have been in our motorhome most of the time in the car park and allways had some fun and it can be packed but just take your time and have fun was thinking of going next week but going in may now .
all the best Terry

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
disney

HI Richard
just some info that might help you if you are getting the Annual Pass try and get a pass holder to get your Annual Pass with you and he will get you 10% of your passes and go to Walt Disney Studios Annual Pass it allways a lot quiter . we allways go back to the van for food as some one said food is not cheap . If you can keep your kids awake at night we allways found disney would go alot quiter the last hour or to at night .

http://www.dlp.info/index.html

Link Removed

not sure on the size of your van ours is 7.3 m long so we found night time ferry alot cheaper, the toll Calais to disney is 32 e each way the non toll way takes you 2 or 3 hours more but it a nice run .
just remember its not a campsite at disney its a car park if you need any more info just ask and let us no when you are going some one from here might be there to help you

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Disneyland is very busy during August, but if you buy annual tickets it allows you to go in 2 hours earlier, only some of the rides are open at this time but it does enable you to be first in the queue at opening time for fastpasses.

We have been several times in August and usually spent 2-3 days so you could plan where you want to go on each day to miss the worst queues eg when the parades are on.

Parking for motorhomes is now 20euros so an annual pass is good because you get free parking, but you need the dream passport to get the best deal,including discounts in shops & cafes and 365 day admission.

[HI]There are toilets & showers at the parking area ( ignore the coach drivers only sign) [/HI]but they are closed between 7 & 8am each day and the cleaners come round in the early hours which can be noisy.

Hope this helps

Why ignore coach drivers sign!!!!
Its twats like you that PI==es of coach drivers read coach drivers revenge thread.

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Why ignore coach drivers sign!!!!
Its twats like you that PI==es of coach drivers read coach drivers revenge thread.

Wow, a little aggressive maybe?

The reason is that the signs on the building say coach drivers only, but the sheet of paper you are given to prove you have paid for overnight parking says you may use the facilities. Hence the comment.

The coach drivers expect you to be using those facilities. However, stick to that area only. There are other areas in the building which are for coach drivers only and they would get a bit miffed if you started wandering around those.

So basically those with camping cars have permission to use the facilities.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Possibly a coach driver on this thread with a weak bladder/ bowel.?

Either way , no need for the aggression.

It's twats like you that give forums a bad name:roflmto:

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
Wow, a little aggressive maybe?

The reason is that the signs on the building say coach drivers only, but the sheet of paper you are given to prove you have paid for overnight parking says you may use the facilities. Hence the comment.

The coach drivers expect you to be using those facilities. However, stick to that area only. There are other areas in the building which are for coach drivers only and they would get a bit miffed if you started wandering around those.

So basically those with camping cars have permission to use the facilities.

No they dont Its a car park!!!!!!!!! not a camp Site

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Its not a case of ignoring the signs for the sake of ignoring them.

Disney give you permission to use them if you are there with a camping car as they term it. Its on the sheet they give you. However the sign on the building does not say "unless you are with a camping car". Hence you have to ignore the signage to use the facilities you have been given permission to use.

Hardly the same as what you are implying with your scenario.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Parking overnight is parking overnight.

Perhaps someone can ask Disney to intervene in this petty feud.

Wouldn't want to upset coach drivers after all:RollEyes:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Well perhaps if you learnt to read it may help!!! as a tugger I will just start to use aires and say ill just ignore the signs!

I can actually picture you as a tugger TBH.

Ant&Debs

Free Member
Jun 24, 2009
Alvorge,Portugal
Funster No
MH
Rockwood Fiver
Exp
2 years long time ago
if your into rules you should read the General Forum Rules on here :Doh::Doh:

Well if you want to report me then do so. I have been taking coaches to Disney for many years.

The biggest complaint from coach drivers is that there are signs stating for coach driver use only, and when they go to use them they are full of campers. Campers even use the shaving sockets and run cables out the windows to there vans.

So for someone to post use the showers and ignore the coach drivers only sign. Upsets them.

It is after all a car park, not a campsite, not an aire.

If you want a facility with proper showers and facilities put you hand in your pocket and pay for a site.:Doh:

Terry and Nicola

Free Member
Sep 8, 2008
Thornton
Funster No
MH
Exp
General Forum Etiquette When posting in the forums please adhere to the following common sense rules:- No personal attacks of any kind against other members of the forums.

No Racist, Sexist posts allowed in the forums. No offensive, insulting, profane or vulgar remarks are allowed. telling others to "get a life" or that they or their comments are "stupid" are strictly not allowed. Insulting anyone even if your intention is not to offend, may well result in a ban. Should you be banned you aggree that there are no refund of the joining fee (£12) There are plenty of forums that allow you to be discourteous to each other, this is NOT one of them.

No Abusive or threatening or provoking posts towards the Administrator or Moderators and other staff on the site. Flame war threads, and other posts that are deemed to be descending into these by the forums staff will be locked or moved at moderators / staff discretion. Do not impersonate other Members. REPORT POSTS OF PRIVATE MESSAGES THAT YOU THINK BREAK THESE RULES TO AN ADMINISTRATOR

400ixl

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt High
Exp
3 years
Well if you want to report me then do so. I have been taking coaches to Disney for many years.

The biggest complaint from coach drivers is that there are signs stating for coach driver use only, and when they go to use them they are full of campers. Campers even use the shaving sockets and run cables out the windows to there vans.

So for someone to post use the showers and ignore the coach drivers only sign. Upsets them.

If you want a facility with proper showers and facilities put you hand in your pocket and pay for a site.:Doh:

Then you and your colleagues need to take it up with the facilities owners, not take it out on people who HAVE been given permission, just like you to use those facilities. We can't account for the coach drivers not knowing that the motorhome drivers have been given permission.

The few drivers I have spoken to have been fully aware that the motor home owners have permission to use them and don't have an issue. They have said that when they want to use the facilities most of the campers are in the park anyway.

You are targeting the wrong people if you have a problem with people doing what they have been given permission to do. Take it up with those who grant the permission.

As for your comment of paying, Motorhome owners do pay 20 euro's a night to be able to stay overnight and use the facilities.

Can't argue with cables being run out if that is the case, but never seen it in all the times we have been there. Shaving sockets getting used for charging mobiles, yes seen that, mainly the French from my experience. There is security on site so they should stamp down on this if it is a problem.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years

Do us all a favour and READ what the other posters say in respect of their tickets and what it includes.

Then take it up with Disney or rather leave your personal indulgences at home rather than airing them on this forum.

If the facilities are for coach drivers only then (irrespective of the signs) the tickets would not say the opposite would they?

Get to the bottom of that before ranting.

That's my tip.

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Perhaps someone can ask Disney to intervene in this petty feud.

Done, have emailed Disney Paris , will post when they reply ..

Maybe someone could also upload an image of the entrance ticket information referred to .. ?

Without judging anyone; when we were there I saw the signs on the coach drivers facilities prohibiting camping cars, I don't recall there being given any information to the contrary, this was in 2008, so rules may have changed. I believe they have since banned running of generators.

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Do us all a favour and READ what the other posters say in respect of their tickets and what it includes.
Then take it up with Disney or rather leave your personal indulgences at home rather than airing them on this forum.
If the facilities are for coach drivers only then (irrespective of the signs) the tickets would not say the opposite would they?
Get to the bottom of that before ranting.That's my tip.

Enlightening posts, this is the first I’ve seen with motor homers owning up to ignoring car park signage restrictions. Normally it’s a them not me attitude.
Do you also ignore signs for restrictions in UK car parks?:whatthe:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
I think you slightly miss the point.

Posters are saying that the use of the facilities is granted when the parking ticket is issued.

Its not a question of ignoring signs.

I dont know the answer as I have not visited in a MH which is why jim's e-mail to Disney will hopefully clarify matters for all concerned.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Its not a case of ignoring the signs for the sake of ignoring them.

Disney give you permission to use them if you are there with a camping car as they term it. Its on the sheet they give you. However the sign on the building does not say "unless you are with a camping car". Hence you have to ignore the signage to use the facilities you have been given permission to use.

Hardly the same as what you are implying with your scenario.

This is pretty clear too. Isnt it?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back