Disgusted!!!!

Discussion in 'The Beginner' started by pamie, Jun 30, 2015.

1. pamie

pamie

I have been looking for a site to go away a few days next week and came across this at --Yeatheridge Farm Caravan & Camping Park, East Worlington, Devon. "We do not accept commercial vehicles or any type of converted transport vehicle; and we may refuse entry to particularly large caravans or continental vans (i.e. LMC, Tabbert, Hobby) we deem to be unsuitable." never seen anything like that befor on any site.
    Pam with a 26' Hobby wont be going there then.

• Like Like x 1
  2. scotjimland

scotjimland Funster Life Member

Were you told you would not be welcome..or just reading from site rules.. here http://www.yeatheridge.co.uk/facilities.asp

We do not accept commercial vehicles or any type of converted transport vehicle; and we may refuse entry to particularly large caravans or continental vans (i.e. LMC, Tabbert, Hobby) we deem to be unsuitable.

The rule is purely to prevent the 'travellers' from using the site.. , I doubt they would apply it to your motorhome.. albeit a Hobby

Some sites abroad don't allow twin axle caravans.. but once they see you are not a 'traveller' they don't apply the rule..

• Like Like x 5
  3. peter marshall

peter marshall

Hi Pam
    I think they are refering to our friends the traveling community, A point in question on Monday this week my wife who plays darts for a club in Blackpool had quite a wait to get on the car park due to two caravans a Tabbant and a Hobby both being pulled by white vans, they had booked in by phone for four nights and were stopped from leaving at the gate for trying to go without paying, perhaps your site mentioned has had simular experiance in the past. Pete
    Ps a lot of overseas sites are the sme.

• Like Like x 2
  4. pappajohn

pappajohn Funster Life Member

None of the above is really unusual......its just that the sites dont advertise it so blatently.

Commercial vehicles and large twin axle hobby, munsterland, tabbert etc generally indicate a Itinerant influx.

• Like Like x 4
  5. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Why not phone them, tell them your requirements, and ask if you'd be welcome?
    01884 860330
    Looks like a nice, well-organised family site with good recommendations, I wouldn't let an ambiguous statement put me off trying.

• Like Like x 2
  6. pamie

pamie

I may give them a ring then, nope just thought about it wont give them the chance to look down there noses at me when we turn up been to a lot better sites

• Like Like x 2
  7. pamie

pamie

just reading there site rules

8. beacons

beacons Funster

We wouldn't go anywhere if we read all the site reviews and rules
    first.

• Like Like x 2
  9. DavidG58

DavidG58 Funster

I think you may be reading too much into this, IMO it is as suggested above just a way to stop traveller type groups trying to get on

• Like Like x 3
  10. pamie

pamie

i am the opposite i don't go unless i have read the reviews first and looked at all the pictures

• Like Like x 2
  11. scotjimland

frankly, I think you are over reacting.. it's just to keep the pikies out

• Like Like x 5
  12. scousebird

scousebird Funster

We were knocked back from many sites with our British passports, car & Bailey twin axle caravan. The municipal site at La Fleche springs readily to mind as being one.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jollyrodger

jollyrodger Funster Life Member

Seconded try phoning them first ,lots of sites don't like tag axles,and enjoy your travels :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. scotjimland

sad , isn't it.. but they have their reasons..
    we never had any problems with out twin axle Lunar , and stayed on lots of municipal sites..

• Like Like x 1
  15. scousebird

scousebird Funster

One site that knocked us back even rang another and arranged for us to go there instead!

• Like Like x 2
  16. Forestboy

Forestboy Funster Life Member

Very rarely book never tel ahead and rarely read reviews and guess what in 5 years 50k miles in a tag never ever been refused. Used to get refused regularly when we had a RV.
    Like others have said these rules are to refuse gypos / pykies when they turn up.
    Stop worrying be more spontaneous its much more fun.

• Like Like x 4
  17. pamie

pamie

well you all will be pleased to know i made a phone call to them and yes they would take us but did waffle on about our door being the other side and we need a large pitch have not booked it yet thinking about it

• Like Like x 3
  18. CWH

CWH Funster Life Member

Nice one @pamie , it takes some guts to get over a bad initial reaction like you had. :)
    This thing about the side the door's on does come up from time to time (I think it's a privacy thing as well as where the awning goes) - some places will let you park nose-in or nose-out while others insist on nose-out (I think that's a safety thing, a hang-over from caravans-only days) so that might be able to be sorted. Not something you can change though! :LOL:
    And of course you'll need a large pitch, you have a large and lovely van. Even in our comparatively teeny 7.1 metres we were half off a pitch last week, which made it difficult for neighbours in caravans to take their cars off-site. :whistle:

Anyway, wherever you go, have a lovely relaxing time. :)

• Like Like x 1
  19. pamie

pamie

booked it!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 7
  20. Neilfg

Neilfg Funster

Hope it's a good site and enjoyable. I often get put off sites by their pictures or rules, fortuneately there is usually another site nearby that fits the bill, but it would be easier if I bit the bullet and just booked the first one.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
    • Like Like x 1